Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

not trying to be overly pessimistic but can we really rely on the club statement given quote above?

They only communiated the information that they had at the time. What is wrong with that ?

And what part of the following statement do you not understand "

Sufficient kit has been supplied to the first team and youth departments so there is no question that the teams will not have the required stock for the season."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

most people are generally taking the Canterbury administration as one of these things that happens to Motherwell and, especially, in the current climate - not a conspiracy theory or rumour mill.

Some of us are genuinely interested in a definitive statement around whether the club has an "official" away strip or not. Not looking for a glimpse of a design or a statement saying it will be delivered but a statement that says MFC have in their possession an away kit to cover the first team squads anticipated requirements during a football season. Just the facts man.

JT

I'm sure they'll do it in time, man.

But it'll not be on your timescale, man

And in the grand scheme of things given the events of what's happened as long as the team have kit - which has been confirmed. It's fucking of miniscule importance to us whether there will be anything else whatsoever for us to buy.

My thoughts are more with the families affected by redundancy and for anyone in the supply chain that are stressing out re job security - both at Canterbury, PSL, SRU or wherever.

Have any of you thought about that?

Sometimes we need to step back a wee bit and put things in perspective. We are not entitled to every bit of minuscule detail on demand.

We need to step back and let these guys sort this situation out in due course.

maybe it's just me - but I'm thinking that maybe the club will get round to even thinking about this when they get everyone back from Albania for a Europa League match.

They only communiated the information that they had at the time. What is wrong with that ?

And what part of the following statement do you not understand "

Sufficient kit has been supplied to the first team and youth departments so there is no question that the teams will not have the required stock for the season."

Nothing except it was less than two days later that Canterbury officially announced administration - that doesn't just happen without some warning so if the club/PSL got their stock delivered ahead of 13th July that is good news. However, and i say again, I would appreciate a statement saying we had an away strip delivered. Alan's post said August - maybe that was just for replicas but, again as I said, given the keeper top was displayed I would have thought we would have seen some sort of evidence of an away strip if it is available.

I also understand the statement - i'm asking for clarification on the away strip.

Why should it be so difficult to confirm one way or another if we have an away strip?

Dave,

most people are generally taking the Canterbury administration as one of these things that happens to Motherwell and, especially, in the current climate - not a conspiracy theory or rumour mill.

Can I just answer this on behalf of Dave - as I'm sure he's about had enough of this shit.

As part of PSL - this is happening to Dave, Alan and Co. They are handling the affairs of a small company through quite significant collapse of one of their major suppliers.

So right now - it's not happening to you or I - it's a real life uncertain situation that they are managing themselves through.

back the fuck off - and give them a bit of breathing space. This is their livelihood FFS .

We'll get the next update when they're good and ready.

Guest 'Flow
not trying to be overly pessimistic but can we really rely on the club statement given quote above?

But what Alan has said was, at the time, correct. Canterbury weren't, and still aren't at the time of typing this post, in liquidation. Their administrators, KPMG, are attempting to find a buyer to continue the company on as a going concern. In the meantime, they are continuing to trade much like MFC back in 2002 - 2004.

Hopefully things will turn out positively for all concerned.

The club have taken delivery of all the home kit required for 2009/2010 and the away kits are in the hands of PSL in their offices in Renfrew so no problems on that front. I am not sure what the situation is with replica kit and that is something Alan/PSL will be attempting to have answered following discussions with Canterbury and KPMG.

'Flow

Nothing except it was less than two days later that Canterbury officially announced administration - that doesn't just happen without some warning so if the club/PSL got their stock delivered ahead of 13th July that is good news. However, and i say again, I would appreciate a statement saying we had an away strip delivered. Alan's post said August - maybe that was just for replicas but, again as I said, given the keeper top was displayed I would have thought we would have seen some sort of evidence of an away strip if it is available.

I also understand the statement - i'm asking for clarification on the away strip.

Why should it be so difficult to confirm one way or another if we have an away strip?

You, my friend are fucking clueless!

What they mean by 'sufficient' kit is sufficient kit funnily enough. My understanding is that we will have sufficient kit for the season. If we didn't have an away kit at all I think they would have told us. I know the communication is a wee bit shite at times but there not politicians they wouldn't mislead us.

I'm sure they'll do it in time, man.

But it'll not be on your timescale, man

And in the grand scheme of things given the events of what's happened as long as the team have kit - which has been confirmed. It's fucking of miniscule importance to us whether there will be anything else whatsoever for us to buy.

My thoughts are more with the families affected by redundancy and for anyone in the supply chain that are stressing out re job security - both at Canterbury, PSL, SRU or wherever.

Have any of you thought about that?

Sometimes we need to step back a wee bit and put things in perspective. We are not entitled to every bit of minuscule detail on demand.

We need to step back and let these guys sort this situation out in due course.

maybe it's just me - but I'm thinking that maybe the club will get round to even thinking about this when they get everyone back from Albania for a Europa League match.

the usual sarky post however as another poster has commented why do we have these boards for fans of the club if we are just going to wait for an official announcement every time. part of the "fun" of supporting a club is to get into the miniscule elements.

there are also plenty of discussion forums available to discuss the wider state of the economy, impact of redundancies etc. I share your empathy with people in these circumstances however it's not the main subject of these forums.

What they mean by 'sufficient' kit is sufficient kit funnily enough. My understanding is that we will have sufficient kit for the season. If we didn't have an away kit at all I think they would have told us. I know the communication is a wee bit shite at times but there not politicians they wouldn't mislead us.

I agree. i don't think the club or PSL are out to mislead - I'm just interested in the detail that's all.

and to take Steve's point about timing, I'm not necessarily looking for an immediate answer, especially on a match day. Just posing the question and hoping it will be answered.

Guest 'Flow

And I have so a few posts ago mate....

We've got (either at Fir Park or the PSL offices) all the kit required for our teams in 2009/2010.

What Alan and PSL are trying to sort out at the moment, in what is very trying circumstances for Canterbury, is the replica kit situation. Hopefully that will conclude with a positive outcome too...

'Flow

Not to sound sceptical, when do we get to see the away kit??

I think the main concern is that we don't have an away kit for the team for the season, given that there has never been any pictures or displays.

Replica's are not the issue here (although they are for club and PSL as a form of revenue).

I agree. i don't think the club or PSL are out to mislead - I'm just interested in the detail that's all.

and to take Steve's point about timing, I'm not necessarily looking for an immediate answer, especially on a match day. Just posing the question and hoping it will be answered.

To be fair though you're backtracking ever so slightly - but were on a few posts suggesting that statements were not forthcoming, insinuationg witholding of info wanting info and statements at a time when people are trying to work through a significant bad situation - to turn it round for their companies and employers and families first and foremost.

The conspiracy theory and constant sniping needs to stop.

What Alan and PSL are trying to sort out at the moment, in what is very trying circumstances for Canterbury, is the replica kit situation. Hopefully that will conclude with a positive outcome too...

'Flow

Appreciate the extra bit of detail around the replicas.

Now since I seem to be the only person interested in what our away kit might be <_< I'll leave this thread alone and concentrate on the match threads. :huh:

I think the main concern is that we don't have an away kit for the team for the season, given that there has never been any pictures or displays.
The club have taken delivery of all the home kit required for 2009/2010 and the away kits are in the hands of PSL in their offices in Renfrew so no problems on that front. I am not sure what the situation is with replica kit and that is something Alan/PSL will be attempting to have answered following discussions with Canterbury and KPMG.

'Flow

We've got (either at Fir Park or the PLS offices) all the kit required for our teams in 2009/2010.

'Flow

Now I am sure you will all agree that this is an informative statement <_< Lets end this debate sorry slagging match

Appreciate the extra bit of detail around the replicas.

Now since I seem to be the only person interested in what our away kit might be :huh: I'll leave this thread alone and concentrate on the match threads. -_-

No you're not mate - everybody's interested in what the away kit looks like. Most are giving PSL and the club the breathing space to sort it though. <_<

Not to sound sceptical, when do we get to see the away kit??

Replica's are not the issue here (although they are for club and PSL as a form of revenue).

I didn't want to post on this thread, but since 'Flow and PSL is taking a bit of an unfair battering, I will chip in.

I have seen the away kit.

With my own eyes.

It exists.

Okey dokey?

I didn't want to post on this thread, but since 'Flow and PSL is taking a bit of an unfair battering, I will chip in.

I have seen the away kit.

With my own eyes.

It exists.

Okey dokey?

Your just part of the conspiracy Fraz!! Ok, what is the main colour of said kit? <_<

I've been asked not to say what it looks like, which is why I never mentioned that I'd seen it. I didn't want to get tagged as doing the 'I know something you don't know' thing that we've seen a few times on here, but the debate was getting a bit fierce so I wanted to confirm that it does exist.

However, I can confirm that the mail colour is not amber. <_<

It was taken out of the window and worn by Michael Fraser in the first leg vs Llanelli.

People, just leave the club and PSL to sort everything out, you are creating rumours and scenarios from nothing. The players have all their kit and enough for any subsequent signings that could be made.

Thanks for answering that - was genuinely wondering and not looking to create any issues.... <_<

People were sensitive because it was cleared up before they posed said questions!

There was a minor ambiguity. I assumed we had all the kit we needed, but lets face it we've all seen issues with communication from the club before. Generally much improved, but there is always a sense where you don't quite feel certain unless things are painted out in black and white. Something which has now been done, we have all the playing kit we need and as yet there are issues with future away replicas and Canterbury europes future, which will hopefully be resolved postively. I'm quite satisfied with that, I'd hope everyone else would be and as a forum this is the place to discuss any uncertainties you percieve irrespective of how other people might be viewing it.

There no reason for people to get backs up, accuse people of sniping and conspiracy theories.