So It Begins...

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate told me that they were hoping to make the pitch longer at the South end!?! If this were true wouldn't it cause some viewing restrictions for the away support?

Looking forward to seing our lush bowling green in a few months. Hopefully we will get some positive headlines from the sun and the daily ranger as at one point they were snapping up every player they could to write a damming review of our surface.

Well, it would make the Shellic fans at long last realise that when Motherwell (and other teams) go to Legoland we see only a portion of the game thanks to their ridiculous positioning of the away fans!

:lol: Eh? Laser control will provide the smooth gradient, only raises the pitch if laser set to do that and additional material added. Is that the plan?

of course there is additional material being used mate, that's how the pitch will be about 6 inches higher, the root zone is just dumped onto the pitch at the south end and then teh laser control drags it out more in the lower bits less in teh higher bits so it all ends up 6" higher :)

hopefully that answers your questions mucker :)

I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned about the lack of updates. The last update was Sunday and if my memory is correct, Monday was the day they were going to pressure test the USH system before seeding the ground. Does this lack of updates mean that the USH system failed its test? has 'Flow fell down one of the drains? or is this the usual MFC communications fiasco, where we only get half a story?

Fuxake - I don't think you can call hearing nothing about USH in five days a fiasco! There is absolutely no need for us all to be told everytime the groundsman does a shite! We were told that it was ahead of schedule, so if something has happened to hold it up a few days, it's not a disaster. Chill out.

Might have done, but one more update to confirm that and say seed getting sown or what not would be ideal.

It isn't the most exciting news story but after the farce of last year it was good to see these constant updates showing the work getting done no faffing around. Maybe there is less to report but keep reporting what you can, you know what people are like the sound of silence breeds instant suspicion, not entirely unjustifed.

Guest 'Flow
The last update was Sunday and if my memory is correct, Monday was the day they were going to pressure test the USH system before seeding the ground.

The last update was on Monday night.... You're getting a week ahead of schedule there mate.

The reason why there hasn't been any update because the last three days have been completely dedicated to adding root zone to the pitch. There was nothing really much else to add until it has been completed (which it now has) and as such, there will be something added today. That and I dropped and broke my camera on Tuesday! :lol::lol:

The USH is scheduled to be in on Monday but Ian was hoping to get it done over this weekend then pressurise it on Monday. We're working ahead of schedule but unfortunately the company doing the USH can't work quicker than their scheduled date to start (which was Monday) so we've had our first set-back as it were. Well, I say set-back, it just means we will be back on schedule as opposed to a couple of days ahead.

USH will be added on Monday / Tuesday and pressurised on Wednesday. Seeding will be done on Thursday and Friday and that, my friends, will be that!

'Flow

Fuxake - I don't think you can call hearing nothing about USH in five days a fiasco! There is absolutely no need for us all to be told everytime the groundsman does a shite! We were told that it was ahead of schedule, so if something has happened to hold it up a few days, it's not a disaster. Chill out.

Sorry if I p***ed you off Frazzle, I'm not expecting to be informed or every pipe laid or even a daily update but the USH passing the test (or even failing) is something that I would like to know about and a wee note saying how things are going would be appreciated.

This is not a complaint against 'Flow but 9 daily updates and then 4 days of nothing just concerns me a little. Hope to be proved wrong and hear the lack of updates is due to 'Flow having a well earned holiday before starting his pre-season training reports.

Brilliant updates Flow - sorry about the camera.

Make sure you borrow one to show the new USH pipes - and that's it - everyone can relax in the knowledge that the work that should have been done last year has been cuffed this year.

The enthusiasm coming from the groundstaff both on here and in your update is good to hear too. A bit of pride and ownership.

Looks like a job well done!

Guest 'Flow

I've managed to borrow a new one Steve - so got some new pics of the newly surfaced root zone as well as the USH being disconnected from the old system in prep for the new ones being installed on Monday morning.

Update should be on just after lunch time - Ian bringing us up to date with what has gone on in the last few days as well as what is happening today and over the weekend.

'Flow,

Please accept my apologies.

Don't be daft buddy - Don't worry, as I said before it all kicked off - nothing will happen on our pitch this summer without 'Well fans seeing it happening on the 'Fishel!

'Flow

For some reason I thought we'd buy ready grown turf and not rely on seeding with an area like the one in front of the South stand. I'm no expert though and I suspect the answer will lie somewhere in the 'it's better this way' and not 'it's cheaper this way'.

Fuck the new signings I cannot wait to see the pitch restored to something like the quality we used to have.

Guest 'Flow

It is better to seed your own pitch without doubt - gives you a much sturdier pitch then trying to install a "foreign body" (pitch slab - can't think of a better word) as it were to a surface and trying to get the roots of one to take to the other.

The reason most people use pre-grown turf is that it is much quicker - Europa League aside, we have enough time to seed it and the result will be a smashing new pitch come August.

'Flow