Mmg Off To Celtic

Easy Target

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same way they brought in strachan (who wisnae working so nae compo to be paid) they will wheel out somebody currently out of the game in england and try to make him out to be a highly sought after and respected coach.

I give you Alan Curbishley!

Thats my bet, only cos a got told that though, would'nt have thought of him before that but it does make sense.

Just taken a look at the some of the Celtic Forums.

A lot don't want McGhee or anoter name mentioned is Levien anywhere near the place as it lacks of ambition.

They are happy with Owen Coyle (going as far to say that the Messiah is coming) but a lot spouting for Mowbray or Moyes as well.

Some bigger names being mentiond as well.

Looks like it could be an interesting few days.

Not Celtic minded mate.

The Celtic fans have made it clear that success is not part of the criteria.

Lets hope they get their wish and get Peter Grant or summit...

I don't think that's fair. Jock Stein was hardly from a traditional Sellick background but they accepted him, and if it was announced Alex Ferguson were taking over, they'd accept that, I'm guessing.

I think McGhee will be an outside bet somehow. They'll want someone with a more successful track record.

I don't think that's fair. Jock Stein was hardly from a traditional Sellick background but they accepted him, and if it was announced Alex Ferguson were taking over, they'd accept that, I'm guessing.

I think McGhee will be an outside bet somehow. They'll want someone with a more successful track record.

Jock Stein played for them though, so was already part of the ahem "Celtic family" by the time he took over as manager.

Another name I've heard mentioned in the last hour is David O'Leary. Now I know he has no previous ties with Celtic, but he's Irish so that would probably sway it for the Parkhead hoardes.

HOTD this pish...if ye can't post at least a half decent source GTF or this site will go into meltdown with the same pishy topics. Feared we would start going down this road once the season finished. Good source with some corroboration, great post it...if not stick it in compost corner or just don't post it...what next David Clarkson for Man Utd.. :huh:

HOTD this pish...if ye can't post at least a half decent source GTF or this site will go into meltdown with the same pishy topics. Feared we would start going down this road once the season finished. Good source with some corroboration, great post it...if not stick it in compost corner or just don't post it...what next David Clarkson for Man Utd.. :huh:

How about he is heavily linked from all corners of the press?! Can we have your permission to discuss it now?

Sources in Manchester are saying............... :huh:

What a rubbish thread!!!

I h8 this when a few managers jobs come up mm is always tipped as going for them.

Do you not think he's learned his lesson, mark out of all people would've known this situation was coming a long time ago, as strachan would've gave him a heads up.

If mm was to go i fear for next season but believe that both celtic and aberdeen will look elsewhere due to compensation payments due.

He's our manager in mark we trust and i for one believe he'll be here to lead us into europe again!!!

mon the well!!!!

McGhee and Strachan are mates - correct?

McGhee was committed himself to us in the past before this happened - correct?

The chances of Strachan knowing he was going to resign in advance and not just leaving as a spur-of-the-moment decision are pretty high - correct?

Well if these things are all correct then maybe Strachan had said to his old mate that he was going to be leaving should they lose the title, or even if they won the title? And maybe McGhee has come out saying he'll be here next season to try and cut himself from speculation early?

Maybe wishful thinking, but still a possibility.

If McGhee doesn't go to either Aberdeen or Celtic I'll eat my own bollocks.

And fair play to him btw, he's both a Celtic and Aberdeen man, and they would be his top two teams-I-would-like-to-manage in Scotland.

Hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later and we can actually prepare for the start of a new season this time.

And fair play to him btw, he's both a Celtic and Aberdeen man, and they would be his top two teams-I-would-like-to-manage in Scotland.

Hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later and we can actually prepare for the start of a new season this time.

:):(:) That should be a good fundraiser for the well...Think you should do that as half time entertainment at the first Motherwell game on our new pitch... :(

Just don't post the video on here, mate :)

I'd forgotten about Aberdeen, which is the more likely scenario re McGhee, IMO. But it's all conjecture just now. Time will tell, though it's inevitable his name will be linked to both jobs.