• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

That said, there would still be idiots on here claiming he wasn't good enough!

He is certainly good enough and reckon a job like ours in what he needs after the Scotland "era" but I am still quite bitter towards him. He along with Gary Caldwell ruined my trip to Oslo (I also blame the silly beer prices too!!).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is certainly good enough and reckon a job like ours in what he needs after the Scotland "era" but I am still quite bitter towards him. He along with Gary Caldwell ruined my trip to Oslo (I also blame the silly beer prices too!!).

Mrs Caldwell ruined my trip to Oslo. :P

• 11 months later...

I think with any future manager it would be nice to have a bit of stability. Despite it probably not being worth the paper it’s written on, a proper legally binding contract would be nice. At least we would be entitled to some compensation if they leave while still employed by us. That said, the days of managers/players honouring contracts have long gone.

I do hope that Broonie stays, but if he does do the dirty on us then I would love it if big Tel came back to Fir park. Compensation may be an issue though....

Yes he left us before....but to go to Sydney. Hell I would do that myself.

And only avoided relegation on a technicality!

Fuck him. Boyle can find a better manager than Butcher.

I'd prefer Broon and Archie to stay til at least end of the season. New management team - Adams and McCart.

No way Adams would leave a new job at Hibs to come to us. Doubt we could afford the compensation either......especially when, imo, there are better more experienced managers out of work.

Chris Hughton outwith our chances?

EPL to (Non OF team) SPL? Don't think I'll ever see that happening. Even if it is due to a sacking. That would be some wage drop. He will get one of the good jobs in the Championship when it comes available.

if the worst happens and broon does leave then i hope we stay well clear of guys like mcpherson and hughes

Totally agree. The revolver of the usual managers would just continue. Thats what i thought was good about gannon and brown getting the job. Seemed to be thinking outside the box. Thought I saw the other night that phil brown former Hull manager was interested in the Aberdeen job. Worth a shout?

That being said, I would love to see Craig Brown getting us to europe.

One advantage to us if he does go would be a chance to have nox and a young hungry coach come in.