• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the final four (as published in the media) is accurate, my one concern is that none of the individuals has any first hand experience of Scottish football. Could this indicate that we're going to appoint an assistant with said knowledge or will the new man bring his own number two with him? Things seem to be moving on a pace now, and I reckon we could see a lot happening in the next seven days. And that's without thinking about the European game...

I think thats a good thing that we have someone with no experience of the SPL. McGhee was rather unkown to the 'current' SPL setup and got us to third. I think being to well known to the Scottish football system can leave these managers rather narrow minded and not able to see outside the SPL.

IF it is Gannon then I think from reading the Wiki on him then he will certainly shakes things up and hopefully with his experience on the lower leagues of England maybe pick out a few gems to sign.

Hughes' interview tells me he wants to stay in the central belt. So it's us or Hearts. I'd be surprised if he was still at Fir Park next season. He makes mention of the fact we've been linked with some good managers. I reckon if Gannon has a talk with him and Hughes is impressed with what he has to say, he might stay. But the fact that Gannon is the least well known name on the list might see him off to Tynecastle..

I think thats a good thing that we have someone with no experience of the SPL. McGhee was rather unkown to the 'current' SPL setup and got us to third. I think being to well known to the Scottish football system can leave these managers rather narrow minded and not able to see outside the SPL.

IF it is Gannon then I think from reading the Wiki on him then he will certainly shakes things up and hopefully with his experience on the lower leagues of England maybe pick out a few gems to sign.

I take your point that a set of fresh eyes might be a good thing. But in terms of knowing your opponents' strengths and weaknesses, the press, the referees and all the other factors influencing the game, having someone in the management team who is up to speed with things (as Scott Leitch was last time), can only be a good thing...

On wiki it says in a round about way hes not afraid to speak his mind and tells the fans how it is no matter who it upsets. How the hell did we choose a manager that will be honest and not shy in shirking away from the facts :O

Tongue in cheek btw

I take your point that a set of fresh eyes might be a good thing. But in terms of knowing your opponents' strengths and weaknesses, the press, the referees and all the other factors influencing the game, having someone in the management team who is up to speed with things (as Scott Leitch was last time), can only be a good thing...

Craggs?

id be really happy if gannon becomes our new manager it would certainly give our depleted squad a big lift for next thursady.id like to see him raid his old club stockport for peter thompson who would be a good replacement for clarky

Same with the guy at Hearts whose name I have forgotten.

Also, looks like Hughes could badly use a pre-season in that pic....

I'm a County fan with a soft spot for 'Well (hence having been registered on here for a while)

All I can say is, you literally could not have got a better man for the job. I know MFC don't have many resources, but that's the same environment in which he thrived down here. We were 5th in League One on Christmas when we had one of the 5 smallest budgets in the entire Football League.

I'll simply link to a post I made on P&B as otherwise I'd be repeating a lot of stuff. The stuff about faith in youth is particularly pertinent for 'Well I believe. The one thing I'll add, though, is that he certainly wasn't afraid to criticise the pitch at Edgeley Park (which was shocking), but I think your pitch was probably one of the few ones in the UK that was worse. I don't know if it's been sorted yet, if it hasn't he'll certainly make mention of it.

Good luck Jim, it's such a shame you were treated so poorly and this club has been stripped bare.

Thanks for info. The pitch has had a major overhaul - which is another reason we have less budget to play with for the upcoming season.

From what you say, and what I have read, he could be an ideal fit for our club. I liked the idea of the 5 year plan he put in place at Stockport. That's the sort of planning we will be needing.

Sorry about the plight your club finds itself in. Everybody on here knows the pain of administration. Hopefully you will be able to turn it around with the same success we did.