• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

Options are:

USUAL MOB

Jim Duffy, Bobby Williamson, Jim Jeffries, Jimmy Calderwood etc etc

FORMER PLAYER/MANAGER

Luc Nijholt, Paul Lambert, Gary McAllister, Billy Davies, Terry Butcher, Tommy McLean

LOWER LEAGUE

Ian McCall, Gordon Chisholm, John McGlynn, Brian Reid

MYSTERY MESSIAH

Someone totally from out of nowhere

I wouldnt go near Lambert or McAllister..infact throw Tommy in there aswell. Billy Davies wouldnt come to Fir Park again..if Bobby turns up for an interview i hope we switch the lights off and hide behind the couch until he gets bored and heads to Greggs.

I hope that Boyle has someone out there that we havent even thought of, in my view the list looks pretty bleak. I'd take Calderwood..i like the look of Brian Reid at Ayr Utd and Luc would be more than welcome back at Fir Park.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself wondering if Boyle may repeat the trick of a couple of years ago and find it easier to bring in a number two with Motherwell connections first, just to keep things ticking over and give him time to get the right manager in. And, of course, possibly save money in case the new man wants to bring a full backroom team with him.

Obviously it's early days yet, but I'd be interested who the media will push forward as the runners and riders for the job. Butcher's name's been mentioned but I reckon that's just lazy journalism...

anyone know who is the bookies favourite for the job?

Too early to say, but I'd reckon you'd be looking at Butcher and McAllister with the bookies. I don't think either of them will get it, but as they're the early names mentioned, I reckon they'll be installed as favourites...

Went for A.N. Other (Ian McCall). Think he'd be within our price range and would do a decent job with the little budget he would have available. Probably still young enough to have decent ambitions and prove to people that he is a good manager.

Kevin Keegan.

I remember you suggesting Keegan after Malpas got the bullet - at the time I agreed with you (even though I wasn't sure you were being serious!). Keegan would be a good motivator and he would no doubt attract players because of who he is -his sides never win anything but they were always great to watch.

I would love it if we get him. Love it :whistling:

Stuart.

Brian Reid was a name I thought of yesterday. Would be a gamble, and to be honest I'd like to see someone with more experience (some South of the border), but I wouldn't be heartbroken if he were the choice. I would think we would need to be looking at an assistant with a bit of experience though.

How about the Brian Reid/Luc Nijholt combo??

Dont know how this would go down but ive heard billy reid is in with a shout. im not sure how the fans would take to him getting it just hope its someone with some experience as a rookie wont work just look at malpas total disastar but who ever it is we should get right behind him . dont even know if the club would go down the european rouye with some french or german manager look at hearts with shaba done a good job :whistling:

I'm kind of caught on the horns of a dilemma here. I want the club to take their time and get the right man in. But our first competitive game is in two and a half weeks. I'm just hoping that John Boyle had a think about it and sounded out a few people on the quiet as soon as the Aberdeen and Celtic jobs became available...

i was thinking the same mate as im sure when these jobs came up john boyle would have thought mmg would take 1 of them so i would have thought that he would be looking and speaking to people about getting someone in quickly as pre-season starts soon and the europe run starts :whistling: