• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has he got any decent managerial qualifications ?

Who else among the likely candidates has? Who sets the heather alight from those candidiates for you? Gordon Jizzum? Billy Reid? Chris McCart? No thanks. Nijholt would likely be the best of a bad bunch but at least he would bring something different to the table.

can i just ask why is everyone voting for luc nijholt

i get that he is a fan favourite, but has he got any decent managerial qualifications ?

I know it's a long thread you could try and make your way through it. ;) D'you really think he'd have got 80-odd votes without someone posting his coaching CV...

Pedigree and he plays flowing football.

Would perhaps represent Boyle pulling another rabbit out the hat.

I wouldnt be too dissapointed if he rocked up to fir park - going on that read anyway.

I'd agree with you, if he checks out then its worth approaching him. He would also have a good idea of who we could get from the english leagues. Nothing gained nothing lost.

but their isn't a UK football association. footie in scotland is played much differently to footie in england, so to me, Melvins comment stands!

If you think England is different, then Dutch footy is a million miles away from our game. Having been to some games in the lower reaches of their top division, it bears no resemblance to Scottish footy at all.

One name that hasn't been mentioned that I think would be a good appointment is John Robertson, ex Hearts & Inverness. He speaks well on Radio Scotland and his teams play attacking football with 3 up front. He has plenty of passion about him too and he would also be available. I recently heard a fascinating conversation between him & Stephen Craigan on Radio Scotland a few weeks ago and they were discussing football management. Craigan said he wasn't sure he was ready and wasn't sure if he would want to subject his wife to the life of a football manager. Robbo pointed out that he could perhaps be a no2 first beside an experienced manager to see if it was for him and made a joke about the 2 of them teaming up. Prophetic words perhaps ?

If you think England is different, then Dutch footy is a million miles away from our game. Having been to some games in the lower reaches of their top division, it bears no resemblance to Scottish footy at all.

Aye but Austrian Footie :P (where Luc won the title as assistant coach) is almost identical to Scottish Footie. ;)

I must admit theres not another coach in Scotland right now that I'd take ahead of Nijholt. Or for that matter one below the championship in England either.

The Dillon bloke apparently mooted by Muttley the Hooor was an assistant in his last job was he no'.

Robbo at Fir Park - there'd be riots if that cheating wee FHW came anywhere near the place. Are you really a well fan wee Tommy - or are you just blissfully unaware of his history

Im sure a succesful business tycoon like Boyle knows a good bit about recruiting the right managers for his businesses, and a lot more than a mob of fannies on the internet. :P

(Zoom excluded obviously)

That is pretty funny, 'a mob of fannies'!

;)

Anyway, the names getting thrown about dont appeal hugely still, only ones that are sticking out are Nijholt, C.Brown, MaCallister. Dont know a huge about Ganon (or whatever his name is) i think it shows the lack of quality managers avaialable at the moment, at least ones within our range.

That is pretty funny, 'a mob of fannies'!

;)

Anyway, the names getting thrown about dont appeal hugely still, only ones that are sticking out are Nijholt, C.Brown, MaCallister. Dont know a huge about Ganon (or whatever his name is) i think it shows the lack of quality managers avaialable at the moment, at least ones within our range.

Could it not be more the lack of knowledge rather than lack of quality?

Anyone heard of this guy.

IRELAND'S rising young management star Pat Fenlon last night declared his interest in landing a top-flight job in Scotland.

The 40-year-old, who last year led Bohemians to the League of Ireland and FAI Cup double in his first season in charge, has masterminded his side's surge to the top of the Eircom Premier League as they look to maintain the title.

Fenlon's stock has risen so much that a clutch of teams in England are ready to step in to snatch the Republic of Ireland Under-23 boss away.

Falkirk and Motherwell are also eyeing candidates to take over from John Hughes and Mark McGhee respectively and they could look to a man who has been earmarked as a future successor to Irish national boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

Fenlon told Record Sport: "I'm under contract here at Bohemians and I'm loving working here on a daily basis.

"This club have been great to me and I have so much I want to do with this football club.

"I have a good relationship with the board and we are in the middle of the season so we have to stay focused on the job in hand here.

"But if a club from overseas comes in then I would have to hear what they say if Bohemians gave them permission to speak to me.

"I'm a young manager but everyone has ambitions to go and better themselves so if there was interest in me I would have to look at that.

"But any club would have to approach my own club here before I even considered leaving."

If the Wikipedia entry is accurate then Gannon took Stockport County from 5 points adrift from safety at the bottom of League Two to a few points off the Championship. He likes his teams to play free flowing fitba and is outspoken against the FA, referees and anyone he feels goes in roughshod against his players.

The County fans certainly seemed to like him - plus I know some Hibees who are gutted they didn't get him.

He'll know loads of players who could do a job in the SPL and he won't cost MFC a penny in compensation as he's currently unemployed after County went into administration.

I'd be happy with him in charge.