• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craigy Brown with Christian Dailly as Player/Assistant Manager please.

If that's true that Scott Leitch turned down the chance to manage us to go and run off behind Mcghee to Pittodre then fuck him. Can't believe he doesn't have the confidence in himself to go and do it on his own. Especially since he's supposed to be so connected with the club?! Better off with him away I suppose.

Eh, just to point out to whoever said Guardiola came from nowhere and won the Champions League, thats absolute nonsense. He started as a Barcelona youth coach, worked his way up to manager of Barcelona B and then took over the post. He gained his spurs throughout the rest of the club before he was appointed.

If that's true that Scott Leitch turned down the chance to manage us to go and run off behind Mcghee to Pittodre then fuck him. Can't believe he doesn't have the confidence in himself to go and do it on his own.

Harsh. Not everyone is cut out to manage an SPL club, and if that's how he feels I'd much rather he walked away now than felt pressured into taking the job and then making an arse of it.

Craigy Brown with Christian Dailly as Player/Assistant Manager please.

If that's true that Scott Leitch turned down the chance to manage us to go and run off behind Mcghee to Pittodre then fuck him. Can't believe he doesn't have the confidence in himself to go and do it on his own. Especially since he's supposed to be so connected with the club?! Better off with him away I suppose.

Naw a bad shout for Manager/Assistant but you are very harsh on Leitchy. If you read these boards there would be an outcry, with some even screaming blue murder if Leitch was given the job! If I knew that was behind me, being what he has been for MFC that some sections (maybe even a large section) would be against yout appointment before a ball was even kicked then I don't blame him.

Naw a bad shout for Manager/Assistant but you are very harsh on Leitchy. If you read these boards there would be an outcry, with some even screaming blue murder if Leitch was given the job! If I knew that was behind me, being what he has been for MFC that some sections (maybe even a large section) would be against yout appointment before a ball was even kicked then I don't blame him.

Maybe some are a bit disappointed over the past couple of weeks he hasn't grown a set!

"I'd like to be in the frame for manager if anything happens"

"I'd like to stay at MFC and assist whoever comes in if anything happens (like last time round with McGhee)"

Words along those lines would have prevented any of what's been said today - if he is indeed 'Mr Motherwell'.

Perhaps he's just happy to be Mark McGhee's assistant and is happy with the salary that brings. Nothing wrong with that - except he needs then to remember that as football fans people are loyal, passionate and vocal.

Being a bit negative here but I haven't been enamoured with any of the names mentioned so far bar Billy Reid. Most are past it, untested, would not be interested or have no real track record.

Looking on the bright side, I'm quite pleased however that Paul Lambert and Ian MacCall are not contenders. Scott Leitch would have been a gamble.

I definitely think the new manager should be experienced to give the job to a rookie would be stupid !!

I also believe the Motherwell would have no chance of getting Billy Reid for a number of reasons, we have to be realistic and get a Boss in who can carry on where McGhee is going to finish !! :thumbup:

Why? What reasons are they. I Can't believe that Billy Reid wouldn't be a realistic target.

Simply because he has done a fantastic job with our current biggest rivals and sloe I believe Hamilton could quite easily do better than Motherwell next year due to the good young talent they have at their disposal so why would he want to go ?

Another reason is his contract at Hamilton and the fact that Hamilton just wouldn't let him go to Motherwell so IN REALITY he will never come to Motherwell!

My vote goes to the best ever Scotland manager with the best record and that's Craig Brown. I'd also be happy to see Cristian Dailly as assistant with a view to taking over. They have a wealth of experience. Luc Nijolt?? Great player never a manager.