• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have no idea who our next manager is, I suspect that JB has made his decision and that everything is done and dusted. I also think that talks have taken place with the new manager where he will have agreed the sale of DC and PQ with the money being made available to him for signing targets who I hope he is now talking to. I think the reason he's not been revealed yet is due to the club not wanting him to be seen as the man behind getting rid of these players, which could lead to a small section of our fans being on his back from day one.

All of this is only my opinion and if I'm correct then by Tuesday we will have seen

DC sold,

PQ sold or deal nearly completed,

new manager confirmed,

one new player signed and added to the squad for Europa cup game

I'd be ECSTATIC if this was the case..........however no other names can be added to the squadlist for the games against Llanelli. That was my understanding anyway. Now for the games gainst the Albanian mob (if we get through) that is a different story.

Boothroyds an interesting one, seemed to be highly rated at first and getting Watford to the Prem is an acheivement.

They were in a shiteload of financial trouble last season and I think that contributed to their downfall, the new guy Rodgers didnt improve things it would appear.

He would be a good appointment IMO, pleasing to see some semi high profile names in the frame! Compare that to Hibs, Falkirk and even Aberdeen posts recently where there werent any names that caught the imagination

Apart from Staumton I quite like the look of that list of managers.

I think Boothroyd or Gannon would be very positive appointments. Both young, keen up and coming managers who do have experience down south with some degree of success. The only disconcerting thing is none of the 4 quoted have any experience in Scotland.

Am I right in saying that McGhee was overlooked for the Hibs job before coming to Motherwell and so was Gannon.......... might be a similar outcome. Would be good.

My Watford supporting mate thinks Boothroyd is a great manager. As for Nijholt, do we even know if he was interviewed? Plenty of newspapers linking him to the job, of course, but that doesn't mean anything.

Of the 4 mentioned, I'd take Boothroyd or Gannon. If the report is accurate, it's a pretty decent shortlist.

I've heard that the new manager will be unveiled on Monday and it'll be Michael 'King of Pop' Jackson. Let's face it, he's the only guy mad enough to take on the gig if we sell Clarkson and Quinn...

Nope!

Probably still mair chance than colin calderwood tho.

i'd be chuffed to bits if we landed aidy boothroyd! We'll actually have made a step up in management imo

I agree he is a quality young manager who has managed at the top level in world football. My worry is that can he take the step up? :blush:

I've heard that the new manager will be unveiled on Monday and it'll be Michael 'King of Pop' Jackson. Let's face it, he's the only guy mad enough to take on the gig if we sell Clarkson and Quinn...

Eh, Melvin - tell me the lottery numbers you pick so I can go for different ones! Supposedly Jacko's deid!

If the BBC has the names right (I say if because JB has pulled a blinder in terms of misdirection on this one), then Gannon or Boothroyd please. As others have stated, Staunton must have given a hell of an interview given he's the only man on that list with zero experience of being a club manager.

I'm kind of disappointed that McAllister and Nijholt aren't on that list. McAllister represents, like Boothroyd, good contacts down in England, with the added advantage of a knowledge, however our of date, of Scottish football. Nijholt represents the fresh thinking, new start approach that we appear to be going with by slashing away at the squad.

As others have said, we seem to have attracted a very high calibre of candidate to the job. Perhaps just as well given the size of rebuilding job that the guy is going to have to perform in a short space of time...

Apart from Staumton I quite like the look of that list of managers.

I think Boothroyd or Gannon would be very positive appointments. Both young, keen up and coming managers who do have experience down south with some degree of success. The only disconcerting thing is none of the 4 quoted have any experience in Scotland.

Am I right in saying that McGhee was overlooked for the Hibs job before coming to Motherwell and so was Gannon.......... might be a similar outcome. Would be good.

I agree that Boothroy and Gannon could offer us alot and their contacts in England outside the Premiership could be useful to us. If we are looking for a breath of fresh air with different attitudes, I wouldn't worry about their lack of Scottish experience, that might be an advantage. As long as we get an assistant with Scottish experience to complelent the manager, we should be okay.

I also agree with others who have commented on the quality of applicants as compared to the uninspiring guys at Hibs, Falkirk and Aberdeen. Perhaps as a result of 2 sucessive years in Europe.... perhaps as a result of a shrewd bit of business by our supremo JB ?? I think the JB boo birds should give him some credit on this one.

They still repeating the list of candidates? I've grown tired of this affair, thank fuck I don't buy papers if all they're doing is repeating the same old shite every day.

Aye, it's a different four names every day. It's like they phone JB and say "Is it this four?" "Naw" "Well, how many are wrong?" "Two" "OK" and then they come back the next day and try a different combination.

You don't need to buy a paper, everything is repeated on here buck shee...