Home Tie Venue

dosser

Europa Cup Tie - Your Preference?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer the 1st round game was played?

• Hamilton
    • Airdrie
    • Livingston
    • Firhill
    • A.N Other

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we would struggle to fill Almondvale for a Euro tie. I voted Airdrie, but the most sensible place would be NDP, as it would be full.

I think we would struggle to fill NDP in the early stages. If we were to progress a bit further then there would no doubt be a decent crowd back at Fir Park.

I reckon we would struggle to fill Almondvale for a Euro tie. I voted Airdrie, but the most sensible place would be NDP, as it would be full.

i doubt it'd be full, we didn't even totally sell out FP for nancy. we'd probably get around 2500 at any of the grounds mentioned.

even if the game was at fir park i doubt we'd break 4000.

Any word yet? - Livingston are tenants of the council and currently have an agreement where they are using the stadium rent free for the next two years*. Surely they will be looking for some revenue in this difficult financial climate and we could work something out with them.

Guess it doesn't matter where we play as long as we get a win under our belts. I have yet to see Motherwell score in Europe never mind win so it'll be a new experience for many going into the game as favourites!

* I think

i doubt it'd be full, we didn't even totally sell out FP for nancy. we'd probably get around 2500 at any of the grounds mentioned.

We took that many to Nancy so I'd hope people would get off there arses and travel a few miles down the road!!

I'd like to think that the time of year and the summer weather (hopefully) will get a few extra bodies thru the door. There is not much football planned for July and if the club gets the pricing right then its a great excuse for a family evening out to watch the Well. Would expect in excess of 6000 at NDP but we dont know if its on the telly yet and that could scupper it if its a typical summers night - pishing doon!

Any word yet? - Livingston are tenants of the council and currently have an agreement where they are using the stadium rent free for the next two years*. Surely they will be looking for some revenue in this difficult financial climate and we could work something out with them.
Surely then if they are tennants then any deal we did would be with the landlords and not the tennant, so it would be the council who would benefit, not livi?

Not everyone shares the same viewpoint and and even more so on this forum.

That said there is no way I will ever miss a home European game unless I am 6 foot under or have to travel for work and even then I will try to ensure I am about.

People forget that it was over 10 years before Nancy came along and who is to say it wont be another 10 years. Miss it - NO WAY.

I could amlost understand if it some mob from Kazakhstan that we were winning 3-0 from the away leg but even then I would still go. I have never missed a euro home tie and I aint about to start now.

QUOTE (steelboy @ May 27 2009, 04:41 PM) post_snapback.gifi doubt it'd be full, we didn't even totally sell out FP for nancy. we'd probably get around 2500 at any of the grounds mentioned.

Not everyone shares the same viewpoint and and even more so on this forum.

That said there is no way I will ever miss a home European game unless I am 6 foot under or have to travel for work and even then I will try to ensure I am about.

People forget that it was over 10 years before Nancy came along and who is to say it wont be another 10 years. Miss it - NO WAY.

I could amlost understand if it some mob from Kazakhstan that we were winning 3-0 from the away leg but even then I would still go. I have never missed a euro home tie and I aint about to start now.

Same as most are not getting dewey eyed under their claret and amber tinted spectacles... I agree with Stu, doubtful we'll break 4,000. It's not the cash cow it seems, well, until, we reach the league stages and the bigger names are put to the sword on our new pitch... and they will! Like redundancy, I can feel it in my water :lol:

I bet a large portion would be East of Scotland 'Well fans or Livingston based. Another part is thinking of arrangements with the police. With only Airdrie and Livingston being touted recently as possible venues then Strathclyde Police, in all honest would be daft to have a match involving Motherwell and A.N. Other on a Thursday Night in Airdire