Mcghee

MelvinBragg

Yes or No  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would McGhee be welcome here should Aberdeen refuse to cough up?

• Aye, c'mon back, Mark...
    • Naw, sling yer hook...

A question prompted by some other posts on the forum. Should the Aberdeen talks break down over compensation (very unlikely but it's still a possibility) would you welcome the fact we'd have McGhee as manager next season? Has it soured you against the man? Or do you think we'd reap the benefit of him trying his hardest to get a move?

Time to go even although he has done a good job over the last 2 years it is obvious that he doesn't want to remain here so how can he convince players to stay or to come to us. We need a new man in soon so watch the door doesn't slap you on the arse Mutley.

I voted aye but only cause I reckon he a sleekit bastard and wouldn't put it past him to see Aberdeen negociations fall through, Well fans go mental about him staying. He comes to an agreement with Boyle to go and ends up slinking up to manage at Pittodrie or elsewhere with us getting no compensation.

In reality he no welcome though.

I voted aye but only cause I reckon he a sleekit bastard and wouldn't put it past him to see Aberdeen negociations fall through, Well fans go mental about him staying. He comes to an agreement with Boyle to go and ends up slinking up to manage at Pittodrie or elsewhere with us getting no compensation.

In reality he no welcome though.

Took me a few reads of that to understand what you were getting at there. He's not welcome but you wouldn't be hounding him for fear of giving him an excuse to walk away for nowt...?

I am probably in the majority when I say that it is now time for him to go.

But...............I would rather have him back than let those cheapskates from up north get him and Leitchy on the cheap.

Maybe we should start a campaign for McGhee to stay. Aberdeen are probably hoping that Boyle capitulates because they know the fans want him to go now.

Welcome back Marky Boy - where have you been...........all is forgiven :lol:

Voted yes.

Only because I think the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that he will be back.

If he's determined to get a big job by getting success at Motherwell then we both win, and I reckon we're better with him the ranks shooting out than shooting at us from Aberdeen.

hard one but I would'nt have a problem with him still being there next season. As long as it gets sorted in the next week so we have time to prepare for europe. Footballs a fickle game, as long as he commits to another whole season I would'nt have a problem. The only issue I could see if he does'nt move on is there is a possibilty the Scotland job could come up again in October (depending on our results against Norway/Macedonia) which would see Mcghee on the verge of another move and would put the club through this again.

Given that we can't afford to pay him to leave have voted yes.

He is professional in terms of managing the team - so its not the end of the world if he does stay.

Seems ironic that the consensus appears to be that we now want rid of one of the best managers we've had in years... but am becoming used to this with McGhee.

An unreserved "no" from me.

Totally fed up with the constant speculation. Every time a position opens up he's away tarting himself for it and neglecting his duties to his current employer. All this does is hurts us. It happened last season with FC Kaunas and we didn't bring in the right players to build on our 3rd place finish and it's happening all over again this year. If he were to stay, how much further would we fall next season?

Besides, from what I've heard about his past, he seems like the sort of manager who makes an instant impact and then begins to slide as time progresses. After last season I've no reason to doubt this.

Time up. Get the dough we are due for him and get someone in who is focussed on MFC and not purely his own personal gain.

Please come back Mark.

I know you have aspirations to move to a bigger and better team. And quite rightly so as you are the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately however, the timing has not been right on this occassion.

So come back to Fir Park and produce the flowing football that you are capable of, and then maybe, just maybe, you can get your dream move to Parkhead one day.

All is forgiven.

Seems ironic that the consensus appears to be that we now want rid of one of the best managers we've had in years... but am becoming used to this with McGhee.

I'm actually surprised it's not a more resounding no given some of the posts I've read on here. Although some of the reasons for voting yes betray the fact that he's really not liked. I know we can't afford to sack him, just talking in the hypothetical...

Please come back Mark.

I know you have aspirations to move to a bigger and better team. And quite rightly so as you are the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately however, the timing has not been right on this occassion.

So come back to Fir Park and produce the flowing football that you are capable of, and then maybe, just maybe, you can get your dream move to Parkhead one day.

All is forgiven.

Bit early in the morning for sarcasm, is it no'?

I voted no - his time is up and he has shown he does not want to remain at Fir Park.

We need a positive outlook on the club, someone who wants to remain at the club for a long time and try and build up something. Not a one year and am now need to move on man.

Jim Jeffries might be a moaning bastard, but he has always remained very, very loyal to the clubs he has managed and I respect that. He has been at Kilmarnock for 7 years now.

Ha, never too early.

It amazes me though that a significant element of our support would welcome back a man who has treated our club with so much disrespect.

In my eyes, this is far worse than the Pearo saga who was a naive boy influenced by a shark of an agent. The fans weren't so forgiving back then.

• Like 1

If I was Boyle, I'd be paying for the best manager available and as long as McGhee is this person and keeps doing well to the best of his ability, then no matter how big a tosser he is I'd keep him until someone better turned up.

You see, I've heard the arguments that he's still better than what's out there and he'd still be trying to impress for a move so we'd benefit. None of this really flies for me. Part of the manager's job is to motivate players. How on earth could any player playing for Motherwell listen to McGhee asking them to give it their all without bursting out laughing??