A Wee Piece Of Nonsense Poll To Pass The Time

Haggischomper

Who's up top?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who's yer forward?

• David Clarkson
    • Ross McCormack

OK, so the manager speak is going round in circles and the rest of the pre-season is boring thus far so to keep you all away from the riveting Mowbray talk in the papers I thought I'd throw you this wee diversion - it's the start of the 2009/10 season and YOU are the manager. You can pick either Ross McCormack (aye, I know he's at Cardiff) or Davie Clarkson as a striker. Which one do you play? Feel free to throw in a reason too if you like.

I would argue that McCormack is more skilled with the ball at his feet, a more creative player, but that Clarkson is a better all round player. Clarkson can score (and has scored) goals as good as McCormack has scored (examples volley vs ICT in 07/08, chip in the 5-3 game vs Dundee United) but that McCormack would not score some of the goals that Clarkson has (mainly those with his head). And deciding which player you would have, for me you have to take into account work rate and attitude (Sasa Curcic was very skillful), and DC's is always 100% spot on...

Clarky for me. The only reason he will not score more goals than McCormack in the Championship is because he will not be the free kick/penalty taker. If you take goals from anywhere else, just like he did for Motherwell he'll out score McCormack.

At top form McCormack is a better player but Clarkson is more likely to reach his top form than McCormack who is a bit moodier and can fall out of matches.

As a striker I'd pick Clarkson over McCormack. Out wide I'd pick McCormack over Clarkson.

So I guess going by your rules I'd pick Clarkson.

Clarky - lots of energy but his touch lets him down and too often lacks composure in front of goal. Not really able to hold the ball up. Much better playing wide on the right attacking teams, but then O'Brien was much more effect in this position when he was allowed on the right instead of out of position on the left.

Rossco - not as much a team player but gave you that something special that we sorely missed last season.

It's a no brainer - Rossco everytime.