Latest Rumour

Alfaman

Just had a text from an ex jambo colleague . Staunton will be confirmed in next 2 days.
I don't doubt that you got the text, but how would the source know? Did JB decide to call up fat ex-Hearts players with the news after he had decided?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that you got the text, but how would the source know? Did JB decide to call up fat ex-Hearts players with the news after he had decided?

No idea how these things work mate. I can only share the info I have.

Staunton has disaster written all over it. I'm sorry, but it has. I'll of course wish him all the best and we'll see what happens but it doesn't fill me with confidence.
Got to love this place. The knives are out already for a rumoured appointment.

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what to make of the Steve Staunton rumour. Has he even managed a club before? Was his time with Ireland not a disaster? Of course, there's one thing being a disaster at international level and being one at club level. It would perhaps be a bit of a gamble (aren't all appointments to a degree?)

If we're going to take a "gamble" Luc Nijholt is my personal choice, although I appreciate he would not be without his possible flaws. Garry MacAllister wouldn't displease me either. As long as it isn't Lennon/Hartson/Williamson/Duffy etc the new manager will get my full, if slightly sceptical, backing.

Who would you actually like as the manager?

I think its going to be Gary Mac and Steve Stauton as assistant. That makes the most sense to me.

Can't see why we would go for a guy who has been an assistant manager with Leeds and thats his only club level experience.

The knives may well be out from some, but not from me. Read what I wrote again. The appointment of Staunton may not be the one I or many 'Well fans were hoping for, but he'll have my support.

Anyway, nothings decided yet....

Are we not jumping the gun here? I know we're all gagging to find out who the new manager is, but Boyle will take his time, have proper interviews and make sure he has the right man.

Is it not the case that Scott Leitch is going to come back temporarily to oversee the side for the Europa qualifying leg?

Are we not jumping the gun here? I know we're all gagging to find out who the new manager is, but Boyle will take his time, have proper interviews and make sure he has the right man.

Is it not the case that Scott Leitch is going to come back temporarily to oversee the side for the Europa qualifying leg?

I've read some p1sh on here, but that takes the biscuit.

The knives may well be out from some, but not from me. Read what I wrote again.

I did read what you wrote.

Staunton has disaster written all over it. I'm sorry, but it has. I'll of course wish him all the best and we'll see what happens but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I guess "...has disaster written all over it" has changed it's meaning since I was last in the 'shire.

Got to love this place. The knives are out already for a rumoured appointment.

:woop:

There a difference between knives being out and people having an opinion.

If we appointed a manager with a proven track record you get the fans right behind him a lot more easily than some guy with one distrastrious job behind him. My heart would sink if Staunton got the job, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong and if he does a good job fantastic. But no wonder there is sounds of dismay at certain names, they give no reason to have any sort of confidence and yeah it is true the patience of fans can be very short at times. But you make things harder for yourself if your appointment looks like pish from the get go.

the staunton thing seems real enough. whether or not he's going to get the job he's definitely involved.

scenario - gary mac gets interviewed, hears what boyle has to say doesn't fancy the job but recomends his ex assistant stan staunton.

could it be that Gary Mac has indicated he will take the job and wants his old assistant as part of his revolution?

Therefore JB interviews SS to find out what the final wages of the 2 would be and also to keep the media guessing?

could it be that Gary Mac has indicated he will take the job and wants his old assistant as part of his revolution?

Therefore JB interviews SS to find out what the final wages of the 2 would be and also to keep the media guessing?

Surely the wages of the two of them combined would make McGhee's salary look like pocket money and it was generally accepted we had pushed the boat out with him.

"While the shortlist is whittled down, Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan will be in charge as the rest of the playing squad for pre-season training on Monday."

Is it just me, or does the wording of this paragraph make no sense at all?

"While the shortlist is whittled down, Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan will be in charge as the rest of the playing squad for pre-season training on Monday."

Is it just me, or does the wording of this paragraph make no sense at all?

Change 'as' to 'of' or add return after the word squad...