Latest Rumour

Alfaman

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports saying this morning that John Robertson has declared his interest in the job. :D

Right this is gettin' ootty hand.

that's one of the few names that will have season tickets being sent back on the strength of unsubstantiated title tattle.

We canny have this!

Dear MFC

Today I heard a scandalous rumour that lifelong diving FHW Blobbo Robbo Robertson has . . . . . . etc etc etc.

Please shove this season ticket. .. etc etc etc.

Yours

S Diggle

I think, the sheer fact we are being linked with names like McAllister, Staunton and Sanchez, and the fact they've openly admitted they want the job, shows you just how much the profile of Motherwell has been raised that these international calibre managers are wanting a shot at the helm.

Best of luck to whoever gets it I say, we're in for a helluva ride.

True - it does look less likely the new gaffer ain't going to be any Hen Eggs or Ice Rink. But given the financial state of Scottish football at present, just what exactly is the attraction of developing your managerial career at MFC? Is it the prospect of working with raw talent like Daz and Fitzy?

You can't object to folk declaring their interest in the job.

Staunton and Robertson may well have applied, Boyle may have the courtesy to interview both of them depending on the competition. Unless they come across really well in the interview however, I doubt either will get the job.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! :D

True - it does look less likely the new gaffer ain't going to be any Hen Eggs or Ice Rink. But given the financial state of Scottish football at present, just what exactly is the attraction of developing your managerial career at MFC? Is it the prospect of working with raw talent like Daz and Fitzy?

Low blow - not needed

I'm not entirely sure why we seem to be attracting bigger names for the job than, say, Falkirk. Big names not always a guarantee of success, but there are experienced managers and coaches applying for our job. From the very outset, it seemed clear that the Falkirk job was either going to May, Pressley, McNamara or McCann. Oh, and Alex Rae threw his name into the ring. Do people in football know something? Is money more tight at Falkirk than it is at Fir Park...?

I'm not entirely sure why we seem to be attracting bigger names for the job than, say, Falkirk. Big names not always a guarantee of success, but there are experienced managers and coaches applying for our job. From the very outset, it seemed clear that the Falkirk job was either going to May, Pressley, McNamara or McCann. Oh, and Alex Rae threw his name into the ring. Do people in football know something? Is money more tight at Falkirk than it is at Fir Park...?

Would that not be due to the new Stadium?

I had wondered about that myself.

I would imagine that McGhee's profile being raised so quickly with his succes here and being heavily linked with the Scotland job after 6 months has played a part. I would have thought that that could have helped out the other SPL clubs too.

Perhaps our links to the likes to McFadden, McCormack, McDonald and possibly even Davies or McLeish have helped build or profile a little more than we would have thought.

our ex managers have generally done very well, particularly ex Eck and BD. eric black has managed coventry and assisted in the premiership since he left us. mcghee has done very well out his time here. big tel got a dream job in oz (fair enough it turned into a nightmare). even the worst manager ever pulled a decent job at swindon after leaving here.

guys like sanchez and staunton probably want to "do a mcghee" and rebuild their reps here.

I know there is a tendency to do ourselves down, but in Scottish Football we are a kind of sleeping giant. In recent times the big teams have always been the Old Firm, the New Firm, and the Edinburgh twosome, with orselves and Kilmarnock bubbling under. The fact is although we finished in the bottom six we were so far ahead of the other 5 it was ridiculous. We do have a fair smattering of talent, and we have the bare bones of a half decent team, any manager worth his salt would be able to see that. Add in the prospect of European football and a Chairman who lets you get on with the job, and you can see why it is an exciting prospect for anyone.

In truth we only have to be the best of the rest for success, and most of the lads still at Fir Park have already acheived that and know what it takes to do it again.

Sandy Clark was quoted in the Express yesterday as saying that he and Jimmy Nichol are prepared to split with Jimmy Calderwood and work together as a pair if a job came up in the SPL. He said it was unlikely that Calderwood would be interested in managing again in the SPL.

Sandy Clark was quoted in the Express yesterday as saying that he and Jimmy Nichol are prepared to split with Jimmy Calderwood and work together as a pair if a job came up in the SPL. He said it was unlikely that Calderwood would be interested in managing again in the SPL.

Sandy Clark. Dirty Airdrie/Rangers/Jambo/Dunfermline/Accies/Thistle/St Johnstone arse.

Rarely has a player or manager managed to fit so many irritating teams into one career.