Official First Qualifying Round Thread

GazzyB

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to know what we would face in the 2nd round should we get there!!!

focusing on the llanelli game just read this on wiki.

The record attendance at Stebonheath Park is 1,410 for a Welsh Premier League football match between Llanalli and Barry Town on 14 January 2000.[9]

Prepare to have that beaten for many a year to come !!!!!!

I've booked my hotel already the miramar £25 a head includes bed and a full english in the morning , ticket or no ticket i will be there!!!!

Ground might be swtiched at Llanelli.

this on wikipedia:#

The club's home ground is Stebonheath Park, which has a capacity of 3,700. In recent years, big games in European competition have been played at Stradey Park, the traditional rugby venue in the town.

I've booked my hotel already the miramar £25 a head includes bed and a full english in the morning , ticket or no ticket i will be there!!!!

We have also booked the miramar two nights Wed to Fri and managed to book flights to Cardiff at £92 a head return with Flybe

Price can't be sniffed up we are driving down i work it that will be £20 - £25 a head

So with the cost of the hotel that £50 for a european tour!!!

I mean i'll make sure i drink another £50 on top of that but still pretty good!!

I have to get myself a pint of BRAINS when i go down there is that not the welsh guinness?

Price can't be sniffed up we are driving down i work it that will be £20 - £25 a head

So with the cost of the hotel that £50 for a european tour!!!

I mean i'll make sure i drink another £50 on top of that but still pretty good!!

I have to get myself a pint of BRAINS when i go down there is that not the welsh guinness?

My mate is guinness daft don't tell its not available down there.

Ground might be swtiched at Llanelli.

this on wikipedia:#

The club's home ground is Stebonheath_Park, which has a capacity of 3,700. In recent years, big games in European competition have been played at Stradey_Park, the traditional rugby venue in the town.

however Stradey park was closed back in November 2008, so the game would be played at Parc y Scarlets instead.

edit: and actually, if you had read on after that bit you quoted, it says this:

The first ground improvement started in the summer of 2008 by building a seated stand to accommodate 300 supporters. This takes the Stebonheath Park seated capacity to 1,000 - therefore making it a UEFA-compliant stadium for European football.

You can get the ferry from Brindisi in Italy to Vlore, so i guess if you could get a cheap flight to Bari or Lecce, you'll be in with a good shout. it's only an hour or so on the ferry.

EDIT: Ok maybe not, it's more like 5 hours on the ferry, but according to http://elladeviaggi.forth-crs.g it's about 80 euros return

You could also fly to Dubrovnik, Thessaloniki or Athens which would get you reasonably close

My round trip to Llanelli

Out 07/07/09

Dep. Glas Buch @ 1100, Arrive Manchester @ 1540 = £10 (megabus)

Leave Manchester @ 2030 arrive Cardiff @ 0011, Leave Cardiff @ 0540 arrive Llanelli @ 0710= £14 (train)

Return 10/07/09

Leave Llanelli @ 0528, Arrive Manchester @ 1015 = £14 (Train)

Leave Manchester @ 1240 and Arrive Glasgow @ 1715 = £ 10 (megabus)

Hotel - Southmead Guesthouse, 2 nights = £64

Total price of trip = £112, that will do me, even though il be in Cardiff train station for 5 hours overnight :blush:

Its pure shite mate. 3% or so and is pisswater. Its a beer btw nothing like Guinness. Brains lager is quite possibly the worst lager known to man. Be prepared for lots of Stella, Fosters and Carlsberg.

BMI Baby Edi to Cardiff(if there is still any left0 is your best bet, that route has the best flight times. Train as I said is brutal, every stop from Cardiff to Milford Haven with Llanelli in the middle. You'll need to sort out travel from the airport as its on the road by Barry . Train from Glasgow takes way too long. An idea would be booking a bus at Cardiff Airport to travel to Llanelli if you could get enough numbers.

BMI Baby Edi to Cardiff(if there is still any left0 is your best bet, that route has the best flight times. Train as I said is brutal, every stop from Cardiff to Milford Haven with Llanelli in the middle. You'll need to sort out travel from the airport as its in Barry. Train from Glasgow takes way too long. An idea would be booking a bus at Cardiff Airport to travel to Llanelli if you could get enough numbers.

Best bet? If only you'd answer yer phone. Your names down for the coach m'lad. Leaving on the morning of the match and straight home afterwards. Carnage.