Buses To Airdrie

AndyRoss

Colin from JD's was talking about running buses to the game on Thursday , good chance to get a few beers then head over without the hassle.

I said I'd post it on here to try gauge interest.

I reckon I would be up for that

You got your ticket for the home leg yet big man? Actually, we will prob just be allowed to sit anyhwere wont we? No need to sit in specific seats im guessing

You got your ticket for the home leg yet big man? Actually, we will prob just be allowed to sit anyhwere wont we? No need to sit in specific seats im guessing

Afraid not. When I bought tickets on Thursday evening they were all for the Main (West) Stand and tickets were assigned to numbered seats.

We will be doing well to get more than 3500.

Plenty folk will either be away on holiday or on the verge of heading away. And in the eyes of some fans, the game is far from a big deal.

Quite looking forward to Thursday mind you, hopefully see a few youngsters that may be capable of making an impact this season.

As for the bus Andy, I'm just going to go through in the motor with the auld man, saves any hassle getting back to my house.

I was in getting my tickets yesterday and they said they'd only sold about 1000 for both legs, which is a bit disappointing tbh.

I don't think shifting 1000 plus in two days for the away game is particularly bad.

But its a curious one for Thursday. I honestly don't know what would be perceived as a decent crowd.

Its kinda unchartered territory having a competitive game at this point in the summer. There's a lot to counter-act the positives of it being the first game of the season and a European match with it being "away" in Airdrie and as Lobey Dosser has already said folk may be away etc.

I don't think shifting 1000 plus in two days for the away game is particularly bad.

But its a curious one for Thursday. I honestly don't know what would be perceived as a decent crowd.

Its kinda unchartered territory having a competitive game at this point in the summer. There's a lot to counter-act the positives of it being the first game of the season and a European match with it being "away" in Airdrie and as Lobey Dosser has already said folk may be away etc.

It will be an interesting "summer football" experiment.

They may open one, if the West Stand is full. Given the importance of the game I'd like to see at least 4,000 Well fans there.

I too think that my be overly optimistic. Holidays will probably take about 500-1000 off that number with a few more staying away because of the economy/costs.

Add in the fact that it is at Airdrie and the opposition are Llanelli - oh and the final point that we seem to be selling off our best players.

That said we should get a wee boost if Gannon is paraded tomorrow and gives the right impression. That and the fact IT IS the first ever game by a Scottish club in the Europa Cup and let's not forget one of the few European ties ever by a Motherwell side.

I was in my mid 20's when we played in Europe in the mid 90's. I honestly did not think it would take a gap of 13 years till the Nancy game came along. These Euro ties are like hens teeth and for that reason alone I would never be indifferent or unmoved by any Euro game that Motherwell play.