Motherwell Vs Llanelli

nethertonwellfan

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gees us peace the both of you. The Manager has been in the job only a few days and hasn't had a chance to replace the players he has lost! Give him a chance for feck sake!

I don't think they were having a go at Gannon at all, mate. Rather, they are just worried about the size of the task ahead.

I'll be interested to read the posts of those at the match to see what they made of it.

For those of us not travelling down, I wonder if the Cooper might get opened up and have the game on the telly. After all, suddenly it's become a massive game - a thing we thought would never happen a couple of hours ago!

im not having a go at jimbo. He can only pick whats available to him presently, and i am sure expected those individuals to do the basics.

As i said i think several of our experienced players probably played themselves out of the team for next week, and perhaps out of the club.

I don't think they were having a go at Gannon at all, mate. Rather, they are just worried about the size of the task ahead.

I'll be interested to read the posts of those at the match to see what they made of it.

Fair play Traffic, but we really can't judge the season ahead until the season actually starts. Personally I thought Paul Quinn couldn't stop an attacker getting a cross into the box, resulting in lots of goals lost to crosses, so not overly fussed about losing him. Big Brian was injured more than he was fit with us, and was prone to howlers, can be replaced. Stephen Hughes was non-existent in much more games than he was on his game, think we can cope without. Clarky is a loss, can't deny that, but when we lost Faddy we thought 'how would we cope'.......we did better after we left as we were far too one dimensional. We thought how would we cope after Skippy........yet we finished 3rd without him!

As our new Assistant says, when one door closes another one opens. I think, given time, Gannon will make more than a sucess of the Mighty Well. One (very early) game doesn't make a season. We have been pants for the last two pre-seasons and done alright.

We'll win the 2nd leg anyway! Onwards and upwards. <_<

Fair play Traffic, but we really can't judge the season ahead until the season actually starts. Personally I thought Paul Quinn couldn't stop an attacker getting a cross into the box, resulting in lots of goals lost to crosses, so not overly fussed about losing him. Big Brian was injured more than he was fit with us, and was prone to howlers, can be replaced. Stephen Hughes was non-existent in much more games than he was on his game, think we can cope without. Clarky is a loss, can't deny that, but when we lost Faddy we thought 'how would we cope'.......we did better after we left as we were far too one dimensional. We thought how would we cope after Skippy........yet we finished 3rd without him!

As our new Assistant says, when one door closes another one opens. I think, given time, Gannon will make more than a sucess of the Mighty Well. One (very early) game doesn't make a season. We have been pants for the last two pre-seasons and done alright.

Well win the 2nd leg anyway oh i do hope youre smoking something or ur from fuckin mars. ;)

Shocking performance did i expect anything less no but on that performance say hello to 1st div football.Now you could say the well were unlucky but the truth is they were shite . i luckly could not be there tnite but will be in wales but on that im not hopeful , Shocking <_<

But you could tell we were shite from what?

As i said i think several of our experienced players probably played themselves out of the team for next week, and perhaps out of the club.

But will still be lauded as "quality" players on here . One of them throwing a "fuck off" to the crowd was nice , i think he really does believe the pish that his been written about him on here

We didnt deserve to lose IMO , they are a bad lot and got lucky with their one scrambled chance. We'll have to be much better down there but its well do-able.

Good thing as others have said is Gannon has seen what he has (and hasnt) to work with and he still has 4 weeks before the season starts.

Slane for example showed more threat within ten minutes than our alleged wing wizards had managed between them in the entire game , dont be shy with that axe Jim.

Spot on Davie boy!

Well win the 2nd leg anyway oh i do hope youre smoking something or ur from fuckin mars. ;)

Guess we will just need to wait and see pal! <_< Who needs enemies when we have such a loyal supportive bunch of fans! I actually think most Well fans aint happy unless they have something to moan about. Pretty much every Scottish team to play in the Intertoto Cup were pants, the Europa Cup is no different! Far to early in the close season for teams to be ready to play, especially when they have to deal with a Manager that has left us in a state ala Sheepy McShovelface!

Just in from the game and I am very disapointed with the effort from a few of our so called more experienced players aka Reynolds, McGarry, Lasley, Craggs, Sutton, O'Brien where all very poor tonight.

I know its very early in the season to judge and it is our 1st competative game per se but you just cant help being disapointed. One thing is for sure, Sutton aint no lone striker.

Plaudits must go to young Slane when he came on, eventually gave us the spark and I thought Forbes looked very comfortable on the ball. Very few other passbacks.

The goal could very easily have been stopped, Graeme Smith...oops sorry Michael Fraser(both similar at cross balls bye the looks of it) failed to come off his line and collect.

Again its early doors and the tie aint over but its doesnt feel good tonight.

Guess we will just need to wait and see pal! ^_^ Who needs enemies when we have such a loyal supportive bunch of fans! I actually think most Well fans aint happy unless they have something to moan about. Pretty much every Scottish team to play in the Intertoto Cup were pants, the Europa Cup is no different! Far to early in the close season for teams to be ready to play, especially when they have to deal with a Manager that has left us in a state ala Sheepy McShovelface!

You are joking now were talking about a welsh side who couldnt beat a drum who get an average crowd of 350 whos kidding who u or me. :D if motherwell cant dispose of a side like that then its time to let the under 5,s hav a go.

Not overly concerned as yet, I'm pretty sure we will hump them away!

The thing I liked was the possession thing, not one hump up the park. It was clearly the instruction to pass to the man adjacent at all times! Although it was slow, and allowed the taffs a chance to regroup, it is setting the agenda. Once that is drummed in, I'm sure it will be at a far higher tempo, with through balls, etc.

Good to see Slane, thought he looked by far the best player on the park when he was introduced.

Although we lost tonight, we plugged away with the system, and had belief that it would work. It didn't tonight, but I think we can take a lot of positives from it? Maybe I'm being too positive, but it was the first game with a new manager, style and players.

Not overly concerned as yet, I'm pretty sure we will hump them away!

The thing I liked was the possession thing, not one hump up the park. It was clearly the instruction to pass to the man adjacent at all times! Although it was slow, and allowed the taffs a chance to regroup, it is setting the agenda. Once that is drummed in, I'm sure it will be at a far higher tempo, with through balls, etc.

Good to see Slane, thought he looked by far the best player on the park when he was introduced.

Although we lost tonight, we plugged away with the system, and had belief that it would work. It didn't tonight, but I think we can take a lot of positives from it? Maybe I'm being too positive, but it was the first game with a new manager, style and players.

Lay off the Prozac ^_^

All jokin aside, good to see some positivity.

Was'nt expectin much tonight, some daft c**t was shoutin for Gannons head, get a fuckin grip!

Well win the 2nd leg anyway oh i do hope youre smoking something or ur from fuckin mars. ^_^

Fuck sake man, what pish. You weren't even at the game yet yer coming out with this stuff? No reason why we shouldn't win the second leg and, aye, i AM from fucking mars. 'Mon the 'Well!

Indeed. Guus Hiddink would have struggled to get anything out of our guys tonight by the sounds of things. Give Gannon a proper chance to stamp his authority on his own team before judging anything.