Motherwell Vs Llanelli

nethertonwellfan

There was a severe lack of any attacking threat tonight. We dont have a single player who can get a goal for us at the moment, it was bad enough when all we had was clarkson.

As each game passes I lose more and more faith in Murphy's ability, he should be showing improvement but he simply isnt. It surprises me that he broke through before Slane.

Someone behind me commented on Slane "shades of Mcfadden," without getting over excited I kind of agree. At the very least he has a good attitude so some skill, and a definate desire to perform, as he has done on each and every opportunity he has had imo.

Saunders is a bombscare, I simply dont want to see him play for us again, he was lazy and ill equppied for as much as a kick about in the park. His performance made me angry, i swear i could do better than him and ive barely kicked a ball in 10years. He couldnt put a cross in, never saw the space infront of him and his ball retention was diabolical. Sorry son but fuck off before you do us some real damage.

Sutton doesnt cut the mustard either, he hasnt been any good since he left St Midden, he already looks like a 34year old over the hill DUD

As for the way we played as a team.. given the way the game was going I would of liked to have seen us forcing them into challenges around the 18yard line.. freekicks (taken by hammell and not fucking forbes!!) were our only shout at a goal tonight, it sure as hell wasnt coming from anywhere else.

So as not to sound all doom and gloom... I still have faith, we are in a transition period at the moment and I expect a very tough season, but we have had plenty of them before, we will pull through as we always do. Ide prepare for a relegation battle, get the squad as packed as possible, doesnt have to be a team full of hughes', porters, klimples and clarksons.. it just has to be a team who can get some goals when our backs against the wall, throw slane in there more often.

If we get a goal next week then i dont doubt we can go on to win it... we shouldnt be losing any more goals to these mugs.

motherwell till i die

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith Lasley put in a performance tonight which even Brian Kerr would call gutless and pathetic.

A bit harsh Dodge. Now Keith Lasley isn't my favourite player (no disrespect intended BTW) as many will know and yes he had a poor game tonight, but I'd like to defend him on this occasion. He was simply up against far bigger and more robust opponents and couldn't compete. That said its typical of his normal game. He's as brave as a lion but struggles when opponents put themselves about.

Fuck sake man, what pish. You weren't even at the game yet yer coming out with this stuff? No reason why we shouldn't win the second leg and, aye, i AM from fucking mars. 'Mon the 'Well!

Must've been a bitch of a commute for you. :rolleyes:

People blaming McGhee.

facepalm.jpg

There was a severe lack of any attacking threat tonight. We dont have a single player who can get a goal for us at the moment, it was bad enough when all we had was clarkson.

As each game passes I lose more and more faith in Murphy's ability, he should be showing improvement but he simply isnt. It surprises me that he broke through before Slane.

Someone behind me commented on Slane "shades of Mcfadden," without getting over excited I kind of agree. At the very least he has a good attitude so some skill, and a definate desire to perform, as he has done on each and every opportunity he has had imo.

Saunders is a bombscare, I simply dont want to see him play for us again, he was lazy and ill equppied for as much as a kick about in the park. His performance made me angry, i swear i could do better than him and ive barely kicked a ball in 10years. He couldnt put a cross in, never saw the space infront of him and his ball retention was diabolical. Sorry son but fuck off before you do us some real damage.

Sutton doesnt cut the mustard either, he hasnt been any good since he left St Midden, he already looks like a 34year old over the hill DUD

As for the way we played as a team.. given the way the game was going I would of liked to have seen us forcing them into challenges around the 18yard line.. freekicks (taken by hammell and not fucking forbes!!) were our only shout at a goal tonight, it sure as hell wasnt coming from anywhere else.

So as not to sound all doom and gloom... I still have faith, we are in a transition period at the moment and I expect a very tough season, but we have had plenty of them before, we will pull through as we always do. Ide prepare for a relegation battle, get the squad as packed as possible, doesnt have to be a team full of hughes', porters, klimples and clarksons.. it just has to be a team who can get some goals when our backs against the wall, throw slane in there more often.

If we get a goal next week then i dont doubt we can go on to win it... we shouldnt be losing any more goals to these mugs.

motherwell till i die

I agree with most of this except its far too early to be comparing Slane with McFadden! Also Sutton CAN do a job for us if he has a partner to play off, as a lone striker he's next to useless but you can't just write off the fact that his tally was in double figures last season, especially when we have no other player capable of scoring a goal in the squad.

I think Gannon made a big mistake not using Fitzpatrick and Smith. Smith would have at least been direct and pacey, Fitzpatrick would have at least battled hard. But you can't really blame him much since he doesn't know the players well but hopefully they'll get a chance next time.

Was disappointed myself at the result. However in saying that although it was a "home" game it might have well been away in the sense it wasn't FP and the players don't play there. There's no reason we can't win the 2nd leg and lastly, I LOVED the home strip with the claret band all the way around the shirt, the way it should be.

I dont mean to compare Slane to Mcfadden as he is now. I mean Mcfadden when he started. I remember a few thinking Mcfadden was fairly useless to begin with. I was more comparing his hunger to run at defenders to Mcfaddens. Agree or disagree though. Im not saying he will be anything like faddy.

I still think Sutton is dead weight, ide rather free up his wages for someone who can play both as a lone striker and with a partner. Sutton just isnt my idea of a striker, I like them to run at defenders a la Mcfadden and McDonald. Sutton can sometimes outmuscle a defender and get a lucky poachers goal, or win a header... that simply not good enough imo.b

Really chuffed with the young lads tonight and not too down about the result.

This time next week Gannon will have had a week to set out tactics etc and I'm positive we'll get the win we need.

Yep, the young lads done alright, outshone the so called experienced players. Saunders done alright, he needs to cross it sooner though, he takes too many touches. Also a few steaks wouldn't go amiss. Forbes has a great left foot, he just needs to learn to make the most of it. Slane came on and looked superb. Got back well, made some good tackles and had that great run past 3 or 4 Llanelli players.

Yes, it was ultimately a disappointment, but I think we have the players to absolutely scud them next week. Whatever though, I'm buzzing for the away leg, shall be a smashing few days! :rolleyes:

Was disappointed myself at the result. However in saying that although it was a "home" game it might have well been away in the sense it wasn't FP and the players don't play there. There's no reason we can't win the 2nd leg and lastly, I LOVED the home strip with the claret band all the way around the shirt, the way it should be.

And what were your thoughts on the penis with mitts attire Fraser was wearing??

I think it'll be interesting to read Gannon's post-match thoughts. He can't be too scathing of too many of the players as he must know he will have to work with some of them at least in the medium term. However, if he seems unconcerned by the result/performance, I think it's safe to assume that he saw these European games as a distraction and simply as a warm up for the real thing in August. The only thing with that would be the fact that a lot of fans have paid a fair bit of money to go to Wales. I'm sure most of them don't see these games as simply a distraction...

There you go...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8131867.stm

Find it hard to get too upset about tonights performance. As anticipated it was little more than a friendly.

Early on, I thought we were going to run up a cricket score but it never quite materialised. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with the performances of Forbes and Slane in particular.

No one else however really done themselves justice and I'm somewhat concerned that Jamie Murphy may end up going backwards. Meanwhile, Sutton has little future at the club if we are going to be playing 4-2-3-1.

Looking ahead to next week, if we want to win, we will win.

Just a little on Llanelli. They are shit!

They also played their first pre-season friendly on Saturday against fellow Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot Town on the astroturf complex next to Stadium Parc-Y-Scarlets winning quite comfortably 3-0, club and leagues top goalscorer Rhys Griffiths who is four-time winner of the Welsh Premier Golden Boot award also winning it last year! Another player worth noting is 19 year old, Wales under-21 striker Jordan Follows who is one for the future.

Player/Manager Andy Legg is also a familiar face, having a long career playing for most notably Cardiff City and is new to the management game!

Bring it on!! Dont see any trouble in this at all, the flights for Albania should get booked now I think as the Welsh Premier League standard is in comparison with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd division teams of Scotland.

You just knew this comment was going to come back and bite - Mourin-Hoe is noticeably conspicuous by his absence this evening.

By the way how do you like your Humble Pie? In large helpings I would think, perhaps a little more humility and respect might not go amiss in future. :rolleyes:

NO!!! We never had any chances :(

He said we been 2 or 3 up before they scored then had a couple at the end.

So take it the game was shite then. At least we're going down to wales looking for a performance instead of going down with the game over. Wouldve been better with a 2-1 or 3-1 lead right enough :rolleyes:

He said we been 2 or 3 up before they scored then had a couple at the end.

So take it the game was shite then. At least we're going down to wales looking for a performance instead of going down with the game over. Wouldve been better with a 2-1 or 3-1 lead right enough :rolleyes:

Sorry buddy we had no chances tonight , maybe Murphy's "chance" after 5 mins when he tried to pass it but we never had anything to really shout about!!

Sorry buddy we had no chances tonight , maybe Murphy's "chance" after 5 mins when he tried to pass it but we never had anything to really shout about!!

I wasn't there, am just going with what am getting told.

If we did fuck all then its bollocks.

Who had a decent game if any?

You just knew this comment was going to come back and bite - Mourin-Hoe is noticeably conspicuous by his absence this evening.

By the way how do you like your Humble Pie? In large helpings I would think, perhaps a little more humility and respect might not go amiss in future. :rolleyes:

Humble Pie? He was right. Llanelli were shite. They were more shite than you could possibly imagine. They were the worst team I can ever remember Motherwell playing in a competitive fixture.

The problem is we were even worse.

Got chatting to a few of their fans after the game and the opinion was they were never going to get a better chance to beat an SPL team. Whilst admitting their team is 'below' us the statement that 'you never really had a chance' was weird to hear but one I couldn't help agreeing with. To an extent. They have stability and we don't. We had a team that isn't used to playing together. They do.

I was informed they had a squad filled with ex English League players and a manager who played for his country. When asking about their number 4 and the sheer fatness of the 'athlete' I was informed he was on the books at Swansea but was given the elbow as he wasn't looking after himself and ahem likes a drink. You don't say!!

However, our team are professionals and to be beat in Scotland in that manner is HUMILIATING. The worst result in a VERY long time. O'Brien can do all the nice wee turns and runs all he wants but he is USELESS when it comes to the end product. Sutton occasionally scores goals. That is an indepth analysis of the man. Fraser fills me with dread. (WHY are the goalie socks a lighter and more ridiculous shade of pink than the rest of the kit??) McGarry, Lasley, Hammell.......they just aren't fit for it anymore.....and if I was Darren Smith or Marc Fitzpatrick.......to not even GET ON, that speaks volumes.

Oh and as for Gannon, I can't believe he or Ward didn't correct the mistake made at the first goal. No man on the back post? Honestly that is just amateurish. Embarrasing stuff. To watch Llanelli get a corner later on in the game and for us to still not put a man there beggars belief.

I go to all games home and away, buy products from the shop, and purchase 50/50 tickets at each game. Like a lot of people on here I spend a lot of time and money supporting and HELPING Motherwell FC. I won't leave a game early no matter the score. What I won't do, as many did, is APPLAUD the players OFF the pitch after losing a match against opposition like that in a manner like that. Coming off the park they couldn't even look at us. They should be ashamed and embarrassed. I applauded Slane only. Sometimes even just workrate isn't enough to warrant applause. This lad showed that and talent. Something very rare in the current squad.

As for beating/stuffing them in a weeks time. IMO it won't happen. Simple as that.

Wasn't having a go at you buddy !!! We done nothing , we were embarrassing. Paul Slane was our only shining light.

Thats fine mate, felt that you were. Friends :cheers:

But there is always next week. We all need to hope JG's boot has been firmly inserted up a few players arses!!

We're screwed if he doesn't.

Thats fine mate, felt that you were. Friends :cheers:

But there is always next week. We all need to hope JG's boot has been firmly inserted up a few players arses!!

We're screwed if he doesn't.

Of course I am always friends with well fans :cheers:

And we wil not be as bad as that next week, however neither will they. I am starting to worry noo :doh: