Motherwell Vs Llanelli

nethertonwellfan

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But YOU WEREN"T THERE!! ARRRRGH!

It was ALWAYS going to be difficult going through to the next round due to 1) the stupid earliness of it and 2) being hamstrung by personnel issues (management AND players). Difficult, but not impossible.

Normally I would agree with that, first game of season, new manager etc but to put this into perspective, I counted three of their players that had beer bellies, I kid you not and they were coasting.

What we watched tonight was disgraceful and some of the so called senior players should be embarrassed about taking a wage for that dross.

Gannon takes no blame for this, but I would imagine that he is wondering what he has let himself in for.

That's two games in a week, conceded 4, scored 1 against two Part time teams. How many times does this have to happen before we realise that Scottish Football is shit!

The team bus passed us at Taggarts we showed them how disgusted we were, not making any rude gestures but just stood and looked with our hands out as if too say "what the f**k was that" but they were too embarrassed to even look at us.

Do these guys not to realise what its like to have to go into work in the morning after a result like that.

And as for the Goalies strip what the hell is that all about ??? We don't need more reason to be a laughing stock

Might just phone a sicky the morra!!!

Melvin - a well considered reposte to this evening's entertainment (?) - with notable exception - Sutton was very poor tonght and seldom assisted those behind him by rarely straying more than 5 yards either side of the penalty spot, offered very little and got very little - I appreciate he will never be a Porter/Clarkson type, but as Burn_Broomfield says - another year of the carthorse's immobitility might just be enough to tip me over the edge - for those of a certain vintage - he actually makes Jackie McInally look like a whippet :O

Frustrated ? Yes

Angry ? Yes

Embarrassed ? Yes

Looking for someone to blame ? Perhaps, but they are no longer at the Club.

The fact is that we just sold the only player left at the club who posed a real threat infront of goal, could we not have told Bristol to wait until aftr the European games. That was not thefault of anyone who has left the club. That is the fault of whoever approved the sale of Clarkson. We looked like we could play all night tonight and not score. Boil was in the tunnell at the end of the match looking suitably perturbed by the perfomance, but seeing as we sold the best of the family silver while we had no Manager, he is responsible.

The team tonight were toothless, flat and slow. We had little boys playing against a big physical team, even the sumo in the middle of the park was better on the ball, holding play up, keeping possesion, winning headers in the box and generally making our full time professional , younger, fitter players look like spectators.

We obviously underestimated Llanelli tonight, we were shite but they deserved the win.

How many players can we sign before next week, because tonight it looked like we need about a dozen replacements.

Guest DaviDoOOO
Funniest comment of the night - frustrated 'Well fan - "Where the f....'s the midfield" - reply from 1 wag - "They're behind the No4". Just about sums him up size wise, but he didn't even need to break sweat tonight. Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all fun and games laughing at the fat boy but the fatboys team won tonight.

Melvin - a well considered reposte to this evening's entertainment (?) - with notable exception - Sutton was very poor tonght and seldom assisted those behind him by rarely straying more than 5 yards either side of the penalty spot, offered very little and got very little - I appreciate he will never be a Porter/Clarkson type, but as Burn_Broomfield says - another year of the carthorse's immobitility might just be enough to tip me over the edge - for those of a certain vintage - he actually makes Jackie McInally look like a whippet :O

I'm not Sutton's biggest fan (far from it). But last season it was clear to us (as I'm sure it will be to Gannon now) that he cannot play with his back to goal. He does not have the all round game of a Porter or Clarkson as you said, but if we could get people to the byeline and get decent crosses in, he will score goals. He scored a few in a season of poor performances last year. He did his best tonight in that role, but it was not good enough. if we are going to persist with a lone front man, we might as well sell Sutton. I don't see any use for him with that set-up...

I thought Sutton was bordering on useless tonight, I actually can't recall one productive thing he did? He is the worst lone striker I've seen in some time, does little or nothing outside the penalty area. McGarry was anonymous aswell. As ever with a expected-to-win Motherwell game we have lots of possesion and little chances as the opposition just match us and there is no plan B. On the plus side, the performances of Slane and Forbes were promising, not so much Saunders. Where were Fizzy and Daz?

We can argue about Sutton until the cows come home. Playing him up front on his own is te square peg into a round hole problem. He burst his arse for the cause with no support in a role that in the first place just isn't him. Our inability to cross a ball was the problem tonight - even up front himself if we'd got even a quarter of our crosses within hitting distance of him we'd have won (probably comfortably). Sutton is a limited player and we will get nothing from him as a lone striker against Rangers, Llanelli, Hamilton Women's Reserves or a Blackpool Beach donkeys 11. Problem for next week is how we counter that failing in his game?

That was crap...absolute crap.

Disgraceful performance. Whether it is week one or the last game of the season, we shouldve supplied a bigger test to Llanelli, especially with a number 4 the size of their entire midfield.

Disappointed with most of the Well boys who wore the strip tonite.

Llanelli were the worst team I've ever seen; and we were worse.

If we dont make at least 6 good signing's, we're relegation fodder.

Embarassment tonight- we couldn't beat a bunch of fat, immobile bastards.

Normally I would agree with that, first game of season, new manager etc but to put this into perspective, I counted three of their players that had beer bellies, I kid you not and they were coasting.

Absolutely. They were no better more than a well organised amatuer team. And they looked more than comfortable against us for 90 minutes.

The most worrying thing about tonight for me was the answering of many questions about the worth/ability of the remaining recognised first team players. That said. No other team in the SPL (maybe even the Old Firm?) could cope with the loss of the players we have over night and have 3 or 4 complete novices thrown in and still expect to put in anything better.

It reminded me of the post administration team. Minus the fight.

I thought Sutton was bordering on useless tonight, I actually can't recall one productive thing he did? He is the worst lone striker I've seen in some time, does little or nothing outside the penalty area. McGarry was anonymous aswell. As ever with a expected-to-win Motherwell game we have lots of possesion and little chances as the opposition just match us and there is no plan B. On the plus side, the performances of Slane and Forbes were promising, not so much Saunders. Where were Fizzy and Daz?

Have to say bordering on useless is nothing short of extreme flattery, utterly dross is more apt

He wasn't bordering on useless he was the epitome of useless, he done nothing all night.