Shooting From The Hip

one_luc_nijholt

I simply do not believe that-these were decent professionals who generally did a good job for us. With a very limited budget we will get dross.

Didn't we get all these guys with the same limited budget or did i miss the Arab investors coming and going?

EDIT ** Sorry about re-post, had internet issue so didn't think original posted!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reckon he will be gone by Christmas and the drop beckons for us.
Maybeez aye, maybeez naw, but at least give him more than 4 days before you decide he is shite! for christ sake man. lets wait and see who he brings in and how he plays them and how we do in the league. there is still 6 weeks till the start of the season. sake man! some people... :wallbash:

Maybeez aye, maybeez naw, but at least give him more than 4 days before you decide he is shite! for christ sake man. lets wait and see who he brings in and how he plays them and how we do in the league. there is still 6 weeks till the start of the season. sake man! some people... :wallbash:

The Jennings deal has apparently fallen through. Hopefully he'll have some more players in mind to bring in soon.

He has inherited a mess, and I reckon the plan to get us out of it is decidedly dodgy.

Alienating one of our few decent players, perhaps in a misguided attempt to show that he is the boss, is not a good way to start- makes him look a bit of a wank.

Don't let reading and understanding the actual direct quotations affect your ability to get hooked by the sensationalist headline and help the journalist out in spreading a myth about a disagreement in the camp.

if you asked Craigan about Gannon's comments he'd probably agree wholeheartedly.

Just as I thought. There is an element of this support who don't want to give any manager time. After his first game which was an embarrising loss there are a minority of fans already predicting he will be out by christmas. Get a grip lads for feck sake!! Sometimes you wonder if some people are cut out to be Well fans. You have to take the bad wi the good especially when the bad outweighs the good when supporting Motherwell but that makes the good times even more special.

Keep the Faith

Hopefully our players will have finally realised that they are not Billy Bigtimes and that at best they are journeymen pro's then and only then will it sink in that if you want to win a football match just turning up aint enough.

They now need to roll their sleeves up. Look up at that mountain they've got to climb in Wales next week and tell themselves that they're going to kick it's wooly arse.

I better see blood sweat and tears from that mob next week :blush: We all work too hard to watch non tryers playing for our team.

There was worse players than Craigan last night, he should be naming them aswell :blush:

Why?, he didn't name Craigan so why name others?

People really need to read around the journalistic licence that these gutter hacks use to put their own spin and headlines on a couple of snippets they pick up.

I'm pretty sure Gannon will not right off any player he inherits based on last nights performance, squad might get chopped and changed a little while he experiments or if players get added but I'm sure everyone will get theit chance to prove themselves in training.

He's the gaffer, he makes the choices

I'm, liking the fact that no one is guaranteed a first team place in his eyes, just a pity the tiny squad means if someone is dropped we're going to have to be patient for a replacement to find their feet.

I like the response from Gannon to say certain players need replaced is spot on. I'd sell Reynolds and punt Sutton and McGarry from last nights debacle there you go ILL NAME THEM. Boots up the the arse to Lasley(worst game EVER) Hammell(wing back my arse and let a trundling ball to him go out for a corner in the 2nd half then lashed it against the fence in frusration.Why take it out on the ball he should've launched HIMSELF instead. ^_^ ).The ever frusrating Jim O'Brian who i know has got something but still WAY WAY WAY short of what we need. Young Murphy who's needing benched as he's lost his way at the moment. John Sutton's performance was frankly EMBARRESSING against a pub team defence. Not the biggest task ever Jimbo? NO WAY could Stockport EVER have been as bad as that. Make NO MISTAKE this IS a pub team we got gubbed by and EVERY Motherwell player should be ASHAMED of themselves. SHAPE UP OR FECK OFF! :blush: .

"There was poor athleticism, poor quality on the ball, poor penetration and not enough stature in the team to have any effect on the young bucks. I look across that pitch and see players we need to replace.Everyone is talking about who we are going to bring in but there are players out there who need to be replaced. We have an experienced centre-half who doesn't compete for the ball and they get a free header at the goal. Players have a responsibility on the pitch and they must live up to it to the best of their ability. I'll judge them on that. We are fortunate this is a two-legged tie."

Spot on Jim. He simply echoed our thoughts from last night and not a word of that I'd argue with. Poor penetration? Our problem in a nutshell.

I like the response from Gannon to say certain players need replaced is spot on. I'd sell Reynolds and punt Sutton and McGarry from last nights debacle there you go ILL NAME THEM. Boots up the the arse to Lasley(worst game EVER) Hammell(wing back my arse and let a trundling ball to him go out for a corner in the 2nd half then lashed it against the fence in frusration.Why take it out on the ball he should've launched HIMSELF instead. :lol: ).The ever frusrating Jim O'Brian who i know has got something but still WAY WAY WAY short of what we need. Young Murphy who's needing benched as he's lost his way at the moment. John Sutton's performance was frankly EMBARRESSING against a pub team defence. Not the biggest task ever Jimbo? NO WAY could Stockport EVER have been as bad as that. Make NO MISTAKE this IS a pub team we got gubbed by and EVERY Motherwell player should be ASHAMED of themselves. SHAPE UP OR FECK OFF! :lol: .

Now go and lie down in a quiet darkened room!! :P You will give yerself a Heart Attack, it's only a game of football min!!

The Jennings deal has apparently fallen through. Hopefully he'll have some more players in mind to bring in soon.

The Evening Times.

Right at the bottom

Interesting to see that part of the article is not in quotes hmm did he really say this or is it journalistic licence ?

Surely it can only be a good thing when a new manager has enough self-belief to blast the team after his first game. He's letting them know he won't accept complacency or respect reputations, so you either prove your worth or you will be shown the nearest exit. It's a refreshing approach which is so much better than the usual platitudes and cliches football people produce.

In relation to whether or not it is good to have a go at some players, then I would have to say yes. He has set himself up as a hard task master and put maybe a bit of uncertainty into pro's who thought they had already made it. Every time I heard o'brien got the ball he was piss at crossing. Sutton wasn't mobile which I think we would need if we are to play one up with 3 behind which would have been ideal for clarky.

As for craigen I have to say that he (from the comments) was at fault for the goal but i also remember when he was in the team after crimbo and the run that we went on. With Mclean having left for falkirk. He is the best defender he has and I think reynolds plays better with the experience alongside him.

It is thought the first game. The manager has given the side the kick up the arse. He as a manager has laid down to the players that he isn't taking any shite. He expects results and the side should watch out. Hopefully this will motovate some players to put in a more energetic performance than Thursday at least.

I would also agree with the other posts. It isn't slating Craigen just saying what he the manager saw. It is pure journalistic sensationalism. Am sure craigs will put that behind him and get on with it. You saw that in his interview before JG was appointed.

Mon the well.

Really pleased to hear Gannon speak honestly. He was absolutely spot on. I am really surprised that people on here are defending the players for what happened last night. I understand the need to support the team but there comes a point when a situation or performance becomes unacceptable and last night was one such example.

How often over the last few years have we lost goals at corners? How often have we lost games because of poor defending at corners? The conclusion you come to is that our Central Defenders are poor at defending corners, regardless of whether or not one of them has played for Northern Ireland. The manager says we should be doing better at corners. He is absolutely right and should not need to apologise for saying so. The important point is will the manager fix the problem or just talk about it for two years like our previous manager.

Laslay was not interested last night so was replaced at half time. Spot on. Jim O Brien was ineffectual so was replaced. Spot on. The senior players took no responsibility last night and the manager realised this and said so. Spot on.

Could Motherwell go to the San Siro and beat Milan 1-0 in the Europa Cup? I don't think that would ever, ever happen and yet Motherwell are a professional team. A Part Time team comes to Scotland and beats Motherwell 1-0 and some people are making excuses for the players. 'It's the first game of the season' ,'It was the wrong formation','the manager got the tactics wrong' etc. Defenders played in defense, midfielders played in midfield and strikers played up front from where I was sitting and collectively they managed 2/3 attempts on goal the whole night. Is the manager to blame for that?

If last night is in some way acceptable, because we are Motherwell and because we lose these types of games fairly regularly, then why not go Part Time? That way the next time we lose to a Division 1 team' or Division 3 team or a Welsh team at least we would not have payed these players a decent wage for the privilege.

I am really excited so see what Jim Gannon does at Motherwell. He may just be the man who finally shakes things up a bit in the SPL.

I agree with the general thrust of your argument, star sail, and you make it very well. Such an embarrassing defeat isn't excusable, though to be fair, nobody seems to be saying as much. Rather, some are fatalistically saying the writing was on the wall due to last night's team in comparison to last season's. Motherwell should beat Llanelli every time, no question, some are just making the point that Llanelli caught 'Well at the perfect time i.e. during a time of huge transition. Gannon was right to speak to his mind and to demand better, and the guy's record shows he has to the ability to get that.