Can We Do It?

Neil

Can we turn the tie around?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Having seen the game and the opposition, will we win?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you sell 9 of your players? were they in the starting 11? Is the team owned by the city? how many new signings have you had so far?

with 9 players being sold, i don't think you should be worrying about the European competitions but the national league and cup. the season is long, and injuries from all these games right now and fatigue will show up in the middle of the season?

When do you start your season?

Our domestic season starts on 15th August, so we've got a bit of time yet to strengthen our squad. While it's enjoyable to be playing in Europe, I think most of us would put our domestic fortunes ahead of our European ones, as we all know that we aren't going to go far in the Europa League and the most important thing for clubs like us is being able to fend of relegation and hold our own in the domestic league.

The voice of reason.

They have the lead. So tonight they are the better team, no question.

Using tonight as a basis, where exactly is Motherwell's inspiration arriving from for next week's game.??

The wingers are key I think

An early goal and I think we can do it though, just not overly confident of scoring 1 nevermind 2 goals

Using tonight as a basis, where exactly is Motherwell's inspiration arriving from for next week's game.??

All I can say is that Flamurtari's players will still be under a lot of pressure, but they're very excited about winning the next match. So if the scots have no desire or initiative, they'll find out that Vlora's team is not Llanelli!

They have the lead. So tonight they are the better team, no question.

Well for me we were seriously concerned about what the effects of the temperature would have on our team. Added to that we had the unknown quantity element of Flamurtari made more concerning by the rather cocky, boastful nature of some of their fans. Reading back of the some of the stuff pre-match we were entering a 10,000 full cauldron of screaming fans, in temperatures over 100 degrees against a crack team of youths with pace to burn, who would tear us to shreds.

The reality for me was that for the bulk of the game we dominated possession, controlled play and only in the last 10-15 minutes did we look in danger when our team began to wilt.

Next week, Flamurtari will be the side with the travelling to do - will they charter or take a similar route to us - I expect it'll be the former. There won't be the heat to contend with affording them less of an advantage. We'll have two new players with an extra weeks training to add to the manager's choice and as a group we'll have a further few days to allow the manager's methods and ideas to be instilled.

I don't see that it will be a pushover, far from it, and the tie is very delicately balanced in terms of the away goal, but I take confidence in that Flamurtari weren't just as good as their fans lead us to believe and that a Motherwell side with a few thousand behind them next weekend with more of an attacking element about will have enough to see us through.

I think most of us would put our domestic fortunes ahead of our European ones, as we all know that we aren't going to go far in the Europa League and the most important thing for clubs like us is being able to fend of relegation and hold our own in the domestic league.

And hope that the team gets some extra money to support incentives/extras for important games. Same thing on the other side. Except that the guys are too young to understand that and they play their hearts out every game, so most of the time they injure themselves early in the season and then struggle as a team.

Do you know of any premiums offered to Motherwell players. I think the Flamurtari's players were offered something like 50K, not sure if in Euros or Dollars. but that's a lot of money for the players this early in the season.

Why would you sell 9 of your players? were they in the starting 11? Is the team owned by the city? how many new signings have you had so far?

with 9 players being sold, i don't think you should be worrying about the European competitions but the national league and cup. the season is long, and injuries from all these games right now and fatigue will show up in the middle of the season?

When do you start your season?

Basically we need the money, and if we get a good offer for a player we sell. The same the world over.

2 new signing so far, but hopefully another 6 - 7 to come. our new manager seems to know what he is looking for and we have money to spend.

European football is nice, but the really important stuff starts in a few weeks time.

. Added to that we had the unknown quantity element of Flamurtari made more concerning by the rather cocky, boastful nature of some of their fans. Reading back of the some of the stuff pre-match we were entering a 10,000 full cauldron of screaming fans, in temperatures over 100 degrees against a crack team of youths with pace to burn, who would tear us to shreds.

Not cocky but wishfull. let's not forget that you guys were comparing us to a pub team, which i believe it to be a part-time team. that's not fair. if you don't know anything about something why would you stamp'em like that.

O Labi ishim te papare sot, e vetmja gje negative qe stadiumi nuk ishte mbushur. por mesa pash une ne fush keta skocezet jan kot fare.

"O Labi were unprecedented today, the only thing negative that stadium was not filled. I stroke it, but in areas Scotswoman these are nothing at all"

Dirty bugger....

"O Labi were unprecedented today, the only thing negative that stadium was not filled. I stroke it, but in areas Scotswoman these are nothing at all"

Dirty bugger....

funny how did you translate that? google it? lol. the guy is speaking like a real fan! He believes!

Not cocky but wishfull. let's not forget that you guys were comparing us to a pub team, which i believe it to be a part-time team. that's not fair. if you don't know anything about something why would you stamp'em like that.

I don't really remember anyone genuinely comparing you to a pub-team. Some admittedly said as much before Llanelli but to be honest nobody really knew anything about you which was why, in addition to the heat there was so much uncertainty from our end as to how the game would go.

Well for me we were seriously concerned about what the effects of the temperature would have on our team. Added to that we had the unknown quantity element of Flamurtari made more concerning by the rather cocky, boastful nature of some of their fans. Reading back of the some of the stuff pre-match we were entering a 10,000 full cauldron of screaming fans, in temperatures over 100 degrees against a crack team of youths with pace to burn, who would tear us to shreds.

The reality for me was that for the bulk of the game we dominated possession, controlled play and only in the last 10-15 minutes did we look in danger when our team began to wilt.

You still lost.

Remember, if the conditions are easier for Motherwell next week, then, hey, they are also easier for them too.

The outccome of tonight's game is that Flmurtari don't need to win next week.

Motherwell do.

And you missed three gilt edged chances tonight.................

Next week, Flamurtari will be the side with the travelling to do - will they charter or take a similar route to us - I expect it'll be the former. There won't be the heat to contend with affording them less of an advantage. We'll have two new players with an extra weeks training to add to the manager's choice and as a group we'll have a further few days to allow the manager's methods and ideas to be instilled.

I don't see that it will be a pushover, far from it, and the tie is very delicately balanced in terms of the away goal, but I take confidence in that Flamurtari weren't just as good as their fans lead us to believe and that a Motherwell side with a few thousand behind them next weekend with more of an attacking element about will have enough to see us through.

Says it all for me.

Looking forward to next week so we can get this tie polished off and look forward to the next round, especially as we'll have gotten rid of this Flamurtari rocket. A bit of banter between fans is belting, but his patter is absolutely chronic.

Basically we need the money, and if we get a good offer for a player we sell. The same the world over.

2 new signing so far, but hopefully another 6 - 7 to come. our new manager seems to know what he is looking for and we have money to spend.

European football is nice, but the really important stuff starts in a few weeks time.

Flamurtari has been doing that for the last 6 or 7 years. it was really hard to keep the goalkeeper and a few other players this year cuz they were all looking to go to other countries, more money, better leagues, more experience and a better chance of picking up the national team.

Says it all for me.

Looking forward to next week so we can get this tie polished off and look forward to the next round, especially as we'll have gotten rid of this Flamurtari rocket. A bit of banter between fans is belting, but his patter is absolutely chronic.

I still get amazed at your confidence. you're not going to play against sitting planks dude. there isn't going to be a 3-0 win.

Look at it this way. Pressure from your side the first 15 to 20 minutes. but you'll be open. then if you don't get one you'll be frustrated cuz the other team will suck so bad they can't get past the midfield, so off you go 10 players on our midfield.

Well dude that's when shit starts happening. you'll either score or get scored on.

Back on thread we can do it if we set our minds and hearts to it, and if the headhunters among our fans can keep it down when things are not so good. Those young guys ran their heart out tonight for the club and they deserve 100% backing from all of us.

'Mon the "Well

You still lost.

Remember, if the conditions are easier for Motherwell next week, then, hey, they are also easier for them too.

The outccome of tonight's game is that Flmurtari don't need to win next week.

Motherwell do.

And you missed three gilt edged chances tonight.................

We lost the first leg in the first round too. The difference is the last round cost us an away goal. Once again, our keeper except for the goal didn't have much to do, and as you said we missed a decent amount of chances, something I doubt we'll do next time.

I am not overly confident but then I was not confident last week either and it worked out well.

We had more posession in the game yet I thought that they looked more dangerous going forward.

I think we are going to have to score 3 because I think that we will loose one (when any team gets a corner at the moment I can't even look) and I can't see where 3 goals are going to come from. I also felt that their goalkeeper looked very comfortable where ours did not.

One thing I don't understand is how can people post 'this lot are shit' when they just beat us 1-0?

Obviously I would love to be proved wrong but I think we will go out on away goals.I will however be right behind the team next Thu.