Can We Do It?

Neil

Can we turn the tie around?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Having seen the game and the opposition, will we win?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should win the 2nd leg from the reports of the game only. However, in saying that of course we cannot be too complacent. What we also have to remember is that basically we do have to play two "away" games in the sense that Airdrie's ground is an away ground. Does anyone know if we have been training at Airdrie or how familiar the players are with that park? Anyway I think we will win 3-0, maybe 3-1 in the 2nd leg.

Seems strange to me how some have voted NO to an open question like 'CAN we do it?'!! The answer is obviously yes to that one! If the question was 'WILL we do it' then I could understand the negative responses!

My feeling is that we WILL progress, but it might be a long night in Airdrie!

Im 100% sure we will win on Thursday. We were the better side yesterday with no luck in the match at all against these hatchet men. They will come over here and sit in and try to hold out for the draw. We will be far too strong for them and win 2-0 atleast :huh:

Less of a disadvantage: being one goal down against 11 players in front of the goal, i would say that's an uphill battle and you might need 120 minutes to finish it up; if you could.

You're still comparing us to Llanelli! I think this is completely different. but if you want it to make it the same, from what i understand the first game against Llanelli the team was all upfront and hence got scored on.

what makes you think that's not going to happen again.

Overconfidence anyone!

I've never compared you to Llanelli! What I have posted, in response to another poster's point, is an example, and used Llanelli, because it a very recent example that because we might have not scored against a side one week, it doesn't necessarily mean its going to happen again the next.

That's not over-confidence. That's illustrating a fact.

You are confident your team will progress. I'm confident mine will. We'll see soon enough!

We should win the 2nd leg from the reports of the game only. However, in saying that of course we cannot be too complacent. What we also have to remember is that basically we do have to play two "away" games in the sense that Airdrie's ground is an away ground. Does anyone know if we have been training at Airdrie or how familiar the players are with that park? Anyway I think we will win 3-0, maybe 3-1 in the 2nd leg.

The team trained at Airdrie prior to Llanelli and I'm sure they'll be in there again before next Thursday.

I'm not overly confident for next week. I think we were probably the better team yesterday but even prior to losing the likes of Porter and Clarkson, as a team we have found it difficult to break down teams intent of defending in depth. We are certainly capable of beating Flamurtari but I think an early goal is key.

To be honest, I don't see the reason for over-confidence on the part of ourselves or on the part of the Albanians who have posted on here. I think it's too close to call and could go either way. Can/should we be able to win by two clear goals? Yes. Having watched Motherwell for a while now, do I think we will? Hmmmm...

Are you saying your team has never come from behind? Are you saying that you have never lost to a team who isn't as good as your team? Do you not think a team playing at home normally has an advantage? Why did your team commit more than twice as many fouls as us - was it because they were scared when we had possession?

I watched the game today and I thought we played better than your team for 70 out of the 90 minutes. I know when we play next week it won't be 40 degrees, and we will be playing on a nice surface and in front of a noisy crowd. That will be to our advantage.

Aren't you being arrogant when you think you have the tie won at half time? If you beat us and qualify for the next round, then congratulations. However, I prefer to see the final result before I start posting insults on other fans' websites.

My team????

I'm a Jag based in Tirana, and I'm supporting Motherwell in this tie!!!! And I certainly have not posted any insults.

That doesn't stop me being objective about what I watched. As I said elsewhere, the first goal next week is crucial to the outcome of the tie, and my fear is that Motherwell will be susceptible to their pace on the break, as we saw in the last 15 minutes last night.

You got your ticket for next week? If you have give it to someone else. The players don't need that sort of attitude coming from the fans next week when we badly need a result.

What the fuck are you on about?

Like Cakes Im not overly confident but Ill be 100% behind the team and Id absolutely love to get through to the next round.

I was gutted with the result yesterday as that mob were there for the taking, bit of luck and we would have been as good as through.

Llanelli were better than this mob.

We dominated the game.

Sutton hit crossbar from 2 yards, scored a penalty then retake it, the retake was poor.

They ran up and from what i hear was a belter. (my internet crashed at this point)

Gutted, i beleive we will win at airdrie but I pray they dont get a goal or we will need to score 3.

If they sit back like llanelli in the first "Legg" then we will really struggle.

As i predicted a 0-1 defeat.

Hoewver next game

Head says -Motherwell 1 v Flamurtari 0 going to ET, we will score and go through

Heart says 3 v 1

LOL

It's going to be one of those tense nights. Even if we go 2-0 up you still have that chance that they will score. They may well be lots of nail biting in the 90 minute.

How many do you think will come along next Thu? I was reasonably impressessed that we got 4000+ at the Llanelli game. Would be pleased if they had to open up a third stand to accomodate us this time round. 6000+ would be fantastic.

Seems strange to me how some have voted NO to an open question like 'CAN we do it?'!! The answer is obviously yes to that one! If the question was 'WILL we do it' then I could understand the negative responses!

That's how I feel also.

With the greatest respect to the players, this is possibly the weakest Motherwell team most of us have ever seen. The history books may yet prove to show we lost this tie over two legs, but they won't register the extremely relevant mitigating circumstances surrounding the start to this season.

Who knows how it will go.

What the fuck are you on about?

Like Cakes Im not overly confident but Ill be 100% behind the team and Id absolutely love to get through to the next round.

I was gutted with the result yesterday as that mob were there for the taking, bit of luck and we would have been as good as through.

Whose swearing or being aggressive?

If you chose to look further down the thread I apologised and stated why I made that response.

Thats the first time I've came on this and been argumentative and I apologised but I suppose by your response you do it quite often :cheers: