Can We Do It?

Neil

Can we turn the tie around?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Having seen the game and the opposition, will we win?

• Yes
    • No

I still get amazed at your confidence. you're not going to play against sitting planks dude. there isn't going to be a 3-0 win.

Look at it this way. Pressure from your side the first 15 to 20 minutes. but you'll be open. then if you don't get one you'll be frustrated cuz the other team will suck so bad they can't get past the midfield, so off you go 10 players on our midfield.

Well dude that's when shit starts happening. you'll either score or get scored on.

Is "dude" a word that is used regularly in Albania, or did you learn your English by watching repeats of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!? <_<

To be honest, I'm not particularly interested in typing out all the reasons why I'm 100% confident we'll win at home and go into the next round, as most of them have already been identified. I posted before tonight's game that the heat would play a big factor and that we would lose, probably by one goal. If I was wrong I would have came on and admitted as much, but I wasn't.

And so for the next leg, I'll happily predict that we'll win by two goals. Again, if I'm wrong I'll come on and hold my hands up, but I'm perfectly confident that I'll be too busy joining in the "how are you getting to Hamburg!?" chat to bother.

Also keep in mind that if you weren't eternally optimistic while being a Motherwell and Scotland fan, you'd end up killing ourself. Or worse, you'd end up like some of the moaning-faced bastards on this forum.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still lost.

Remember, if the conditions are easier for Motherwell next week, then, hey, they are also easier for them too.

The outccome of tonight's game is that Flmurtari don't need to win next week.

Motherwell do.

And you missed three gilt edged chances tonight.................

What you say is true but it doesn't dent my confidence any less.

Ofcourse the conditions will be the same for both teams, but next week we will be at much less of a disadvantage than we were this evening.

The fact we didn't find the net this evening doesn't necessarily mean we're going to be shot shy next week. Using Llanelli as a case in point you had two not dissimilar displays and with similar dominance in possession. One week we didn't score, next time out we got three.

I remain confident.

Lol all this optimism its misplaced, a game motherwell domminated i hear. u were lucky to get away with a one nil defeat, u lot bemoaning the decision to have the pen retaken even though the award of it was a joke. Yes perhaps the first half u might have edged it, but i think that was down to our players being a bit nervous and their first game this season rather no because u had more quality. No one seems to mention the post we hit in the second half, and the other numerous chances we should have put away with more composure. I saw our central midfielder totally dominate ur midfield. Next week we be alot sharper and have a fair idea on how u play.

Oh yeah one last point 10 fans u had in the stadium today that was pathetic and u are supposed to be a big club

Yeah if we are that shit explain to me why the motherwell manager was chasing 3 of our players after the final whistle in the hope of signing them

well the 40 degree heat had something to do with it

U lost and advantage its clearly with us. i fancy our boys to score at least 2 in the counter. We might be an albanian team but whenever we played in europe we never disgraced ourselves, we have drawn at Barcelona away in four meetings with them we only lost once. Those young boys that you saw playing today are local lads with the exception of one and will give their all for the club. You could shout ur mouth as much as you want but i saw a club that has a tenth of your budget give u footballing lesson at times.

Check out the comments on bbc 606 u getting slaughtered by fellow scots

The mighty who? dont worry i be here gloating next week dont worry, and if u happen to somehow pull it off and make it through to the ext round i will offer my congrats personally in airdrie

and by replying in albanian to this message i will put to bed all the theories that i am not albanian.

O Labi ishim te papare sot, e vetmja gje negative qe stadiumi nuk ishte mbushur. por mesa pash une ne fush keta skocezet jan kot fare.

HOTD for this pish/troll/wind up merchant, probably from paisley <_<

I didn't see this game but i've seen some of the other ones. If your team got in our area easily, if they penetrated inside the box without a hitch then i would say you'll win the game, i'm still not saying you're going to go through.

but if you guys couldn't get inside the box then what makes you think it'll happen next week?

Given that we'll have 11 players in front of the goal, which in my opinion is guaranteed.

Heat wasn't a factor, we completely dominated I feel. The best chances Flamurtari had was on the counter attack. If the penalty had counted(which it shouldve Mr Referee) we wouldve went on and finished the tie, I have no doubts whatsoever.

When its back at Airdrie I think we will win but losing an away goal will make it dodgy. I think we'll beat them by the 2 goals next week. This team isn't Nancy, Flamurtari don't have anything in the locker to land the knockout blow like Nancy did. The bottle didn't crash last week and it won't happen next week either.

Just a bad day when the referee is inept.

Plus I just noticed that "Flamurtari" said that we dominated but we were lucky to get away with 1-0. Hes contradicted himself has he not? And also I'll love to see how much they'll bring over. You could hear the Motherwell fans more than theirs!!! Only time you heard theirs was at the penalty and the goal.

Falkirk 1 a team from Liechtenstein 0 the power of scottish football that says it all

There have been some twats on this forum however you Flamurtan are the top twat. Old Scottish saying " be careful of those you shit on when you're on the way up. You may just have to pass them on the way back down." I truly look forward to your posts this time next week.

GIRRY

Ofcourse the conditions will be the same for both teams, but next week we will be at much less of a disadvantage than we were this evening.

The fact we didn't find the net this evening doesn't necessarily mean we're going to be shot shy next week. Using Llanelli as a case in point you had two not dissimilar displays and with similar dominance in possession. One week we didn't score, next time out we got three.

Less of a disadvantage: being one goal down against 11 players in front of the goal, i would say that's an uphill battle and you might need 120 minutes to finish it up; if you could.

You're still comparing us to Llanelli! I think this is completely different. but if you want it to make it the same, from what i understand the first game against Llanelli the team was all upfront and hence got scored on.

what makes you think that's not going to happen again.

Overconfidence anyone!

but if you guys couldn't get inside the box then what makes you think it'll happen next week?

Given that we'll have 11 players in front of the goal, which in my opinion is guaranteed.

We are quite capable of winning through next week but you're right of course in that if your team decides to pack the penalty box we'll do well to score a single goal. Its also likeley that your side may score as our record at set pieces and cross balls is nothing short of woeful. In many ways we were more likely to win in Albania than in Airdire. Still all credit to Flamurtari you deserved to win tonight.

Too close to call in my view.

I truly look forward to your posts this time next week.

I will be totally flabbergasted if he is here come this time Thursday night. In fact I'll put £100 on Scotland winning the World Cup, if we win this tie and he comes back and congratulates us.

We are quite capable of winning through next week but you're right of course in that if your team decides to pack the penalty box we'll do well to score a single goal. Its also likeley that your side may score as our record at set pieces and cross balls is nothing short of woeful. In many ways we were more likely to win in Albania than in Airdire. Still all credit to Flamurtari you deserved to win tonight.

Too close to call in my view.

i believe you're correct. that's why the fans should consider what will happen in the game, not what their feelings are.

I know our team will play defensive, but the question is, if you score will you be able to score enough to win.

I think these are the hardest games ever. when a good team plays an inferior team which has all of it's players in front of the goal.

an albanian wigger? Nice. I'm away to waste some money in my decadent western way. Night-night smelly B-)

I stand by my previous statement. you obviously have crap for brains.

I'm putting you in their category! man i feel sorry for the people that have to deal with you!

What an embarressement!

Thats a bit much eddie your going to start a political war!!!

Your comments are way off the mark as scotland is one of the poorer countries in the eu, if you measure the amount off funding we get.

Anyway LABI

If you saw the game tonight you have to concede that your team was chasing the ball about and couldn't get a hold of it.

It was a class finish by your boy but really was the only real chance you had, i fancy our chances as if we can dominate your team as much as that with laddies from our youth team then adding jenning and the hump to our team should give us an edge.

When i believe your locker is empty

you're right. I personally never thought that you guys wouldn't score even once. a bit shocked actually.

but we all know that our team will play defense. they won't be afraid to move forward, though, specially in counterattack, and they are good at that.

Just so you guys know, even before you lost to Llanelli, all of the sports comments were about Flamurtari overcoming Motherwell. It was never suggested that Llanelli would be a contender, so the hype over your team was to much to bear also.

The players could've been troubled by that and that did show, but who's to say they'll have that still

I think next weeks match will be very different from what we seen today. If we can get an early goal then we will surely have the upper hand on the match. Motherwell fans will be far more intimidating for the Albanians. Flamurtari wont have the nerve to finish off the game. Huge motherwell support behind the team and we can easily come out on top 2-0!!!! B-)