Travelling To Bucharest For 3rd Round

well4eva

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was, but the club knew they were catering for a specific market (ie: those with money to burn who HAD to be there and back) as there were several ways to get there and back. With this tie, unless its reasonably priced there will be very few fans who travel and would make the charter pretty pointless. I'd really hope they didn't look to make a vast profit on it and priced it so your average fan has a chance of going, although I'm not holding out too much hope.

I hear you. Not got the time I'd need to take off work for this AND home leg so would need to be a charter job for me. £300 and I'd probably go. Anymore and I would really struggle to justify it to myself! Could get a 5 day city break on that, flights and accomodation wise! If you ask me it will be £400.

Booked flights and accomodation last night striaght after the game.

£303 for return flights with KLM from Heathrow via Amsterdam.

Booked it through expedia.co.uk

Prices this morning are still around the £300 mark from Heathrow.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll?qsc...cid=&subm=0

Cheers

AK

I had a look at Hotel Unique as well but couldn't pin down the location on google map - it returned about 6 different locations on the map.

You're either next to us or along the road from us. We should get everyone together somewhere between Piata Romana and Piata Universitaii on the Wednesday for a boozy-do

Is that by public transport or by marching

Body-popping!!!

Guys, check Expedia if you're struggling.

There's no way I can make it, but have checked and for a return flight and 2 nights accomodation you can get it for as little as 392. Search for Glasgow to Bucharest leaving on the Weds and back on the Friday and its one of the first 5 results, Central Hotel.

Flight times leave Glasgow at about 4pm and arrive in Bucharest at 00.20 and then on the way back roughly the same.

Get it booked, sounds like a great deal to me.

Hostel World it up for cheap digs.

There's a guy on TAMB who lived in Bucharest that's offering any info or advice here.

Won't make this one I'm afraid; just too close to Oslo. Might make the next round when we get there though! :D

I had a look at Hotel Unique as well but couldn't pin down the location on google map - it returned about 6 different locations on the map.

You're either next to us or along the road from us. We should get everyone together somewhere between Piata Romana and Piata Universitaii on the Wednesday for a boozy-do

Body-popping!!!

That's the greatest place in the entire Bucharest . Very affordable and good atmosphere , a lot of people too . (by people I mean hot chicks:D)

1600 miles from my front door to Bucharest.

I had a breif moment where I thought it would be a good option, but the wife soon brought that idea to a close.

Would be an outstanding trip if you had the time.

wouldn't half! :doh:

Im not saying I'm going to but would certainly be a cheaper option! How long did the bus to Dortmund take?

Wouldn't be the best move. It'll take me 11-12 hours from Budapest and its 21 hours from Budapest to sunny Larkhall via the tunnel. if you fancy driving, why not fly to Bratislava or Budapest and hire a car from there. The roads are pretty good in Romania (no motorways though) and it is a lovely country.