Travelling To Bucharest For 3rd Round

well4eva

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, a possible suggestion if any of you fancy it.

You can get a return flight from Edinburgh to Bratislava, flying out the wed and returning the friday and it comes in at £189 each.

Anyone fancy renting a minibus or such and driving it from bratislava to bucharest and back? Reckon it's just under a 500 mile trip. Got nae idea how much it would cost to hire a car or a bus but may be cheaper.

I will give you an advice , don't take the taxy from the airport because they overcharge alot

Cheers mate - think i've managed to work out getting from Coandă Airport to Piata Unirii by taking the RATB route 783 (around 7 lei for return fare)

What do you recommend for getting to the ground from Piata Unirii ?

PS....Ah cannae wait to get to Bucharest and get some sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Guys, a possible suggestion if any of you fancy it.

You can get a return flight from Edinburgh to Bratislava, flying out the wed and returning the friday and it comes in at £189 each.

Anyone fancy renting a minibus or such and driving it from bratislava to bucharest and back? Reckon it's just under a 500 mile trip. Got nae idea how much it would cost to hire a car or a bus but may be cheaper.

I don't drive mate but i'm up for that option if you are looking for people to fill the motor

How much is beer and food likely to cost?

Saw this on a site about Bucharest - not sure if out-dated now though;

Beer is very cheap in Romania, approxiametly 30p for local beer and up to £1 for bottled European beer (Tuborg is the most popular). Vodka is very cheap, only about 20p for a double, but beware their doubles are often a whole glass with a separate glass for a mixer! Palinca (Tuica) is the national drink, it is a plum/apple clear liqueur that tastes pretty foul, but warms you up nonetheless! For the non-alcoholics among you, coffee and soft drinks are widespread, but tea is quite rare.

It would be virtually impossible to spend more than £10 in one night at a restaurant, most meals will cost around £3 and up to £6 in the more expensive places. Most meat dishes are priced by weight, so ask how much you will get, as you could end up getting charged twice as much as you think. Unfortunately, Romania is not big on Vegetarian food, as meat is the main dish, but they do serve 1 or 2 dishes suitable for vegetarians in most restaurants, and the Salads are well worth checking out. As a rule, you will get either soup or salad as a starter, followed by a main course. Some of the dishes I recommend are: Sarmale (Stuffed cabbage leaves), Mititei (Highly seasoned forcemeat balls broiled on the gridiron), legume asotate sote (carrots, peas, beans, maize), Cartofi Natur (boiled potatoes), Cartofi Taranesti (country style potatoes), sote de ciuperci (sautéd mushrooms), babic (smoked mutton sausage), Takziguit Potatoe (Baked potato with a sour cream and chive sauce), Goulash Soup, Roast Boar Meatballs and don't forget to try the Bear!

:thumbup: Use public transports , but beware of thieves , if you have somebody who knows the city you can get very cheap everywhere , this days is very very hot , so i recomand the subway , bucharest is an huge city and a big problem is the trafic , to many cars ,if you need food you can find many fastfoods , kfc and mcdonalds are everywhere , there are also alot of restaurants , if you come in a big group , i recomand you an guide if you wanna see the city , it is easyer

37.jpg

What is the cheapest way to get from the airport to the city mate.

Just take a cab, you will spend a few extra bucks but you will get in time and your schedule won't be affected. Believe me , there isn't one single feeling worse than taking an overcrowded bus in the middle of the day when the sun is burning like hell.

About the food and beer , you will find it very cheap. The beer is 1 to 2 euros the most expensive one and the food if you go by fast-foods with 5 euros you will eat a lot of kentucky fried chicken and mcnugetts :thumbup:

Anyway , between Piata Romana and Universitatii there are a lot of fast-foods and places where you can eat and drink . Piata Unirii is near the corner too , so if you have the time check that place too. From there you can see "Casa Poporului" probably the most visited place in Bucharest.

What do you guys think I should do?

Me and my dad were wanting to go. We never made Nancy last year, or Albania this. If we were to go but, we wouldn't be able to go to the next round if we get through. I really want to go to this game, yet at the same time unsure incase the next round throws us somewhere more exciting.

What do yous think?