Travelling To Bucharest For 3rd Round

well4eva

You're right,wonder why he's keepin quiet :mellow:

Is that not because he was one of the very few Well fans going to Albania. I think he said he was driving which prompted some helpful Albanian to post some pics of their roads! So he's probably not returned home yet.

[Edit: having looked at the Club Trip thread (and Fatcalf's post above) it was an Andy Harrow from Budapest. It may or may not be the same guy but I wouldn't have thought we have too many fans in that neck of the woods. I would imagine his living room floor has already been well and truly claimed by those that know him.]

Out of interest, if (and it's a big if) we get through to the next round, how long would it take to get to Bucharest in a beer-laden bus leaving a pub in Motherwell? You know, the type where the chemical loo packs it in before reaching England. Sounds like a fun trip.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't someone used to post on here under ujpest ultra or something? We could all kip on their floor if we get them...

Yeah, Its me, I used to post as Ujpest Ultra. Keeping quite as I'm just back form Albania.

Delighted with the draw.

Obvioulsy would be great if we draw Ujpest as its 10 minutes form my flat. But am also delighted with Bucharest, which is also a great place and the Romanians are great people as well.

Bucharest should win comfortably, however the game in Budapest next week will be highly charged (Hungarians hate Romanians), so turning it around is not impossible, esbecially with the McStay scenario as well.

I'll be at the Ujpest/Steaua game on Thursday, should be a laugh, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

To be honest we could beat Ujpest, but think we will get beat with Steaua.

Hertha Berlin played in Budapest this week in a friendly against Ferencvaros and there was a lot of trouble, 15 Hungarians arrested by all accounts.

Is that not because he was one of the very few Well fans going to Albania. I think he said he was driving which prompted some helpful Albanian to post some pics of their roads! So he's probably not returned home yet.

[Edit: having looked at the Club Trip thread (and Fatcalf's post above) it was an Andy Harrow from Budapest. It may or may not be the same guy but I wouldn't have thought we have too many fans in that neck of the woods. I would imagine his living room floor has already been well and truly claimed by those that know him.]

Out of interest, if (and it's a big if) we get through to the next round, how long would it take to get to Bucharest in a beer-laden bus leaving a pub in Motherwell? You know, the type where the chemical loo packs it in before reaching England. Sounds like a fun trip.

Called it right Daver, got back at 1am this morning.

I drive back to Scotland via the Channel tunnel and it took 21 hours, and Bucharest would be another 10. Add what you want for a bus rather than a car. Not impossible but you wouldn't smeel nice at the end.

The road network from Scotland down to the Romanian border is motorway all the way. Through Romania, its not motorway but the road is good, apart form crossing the Carpathians.

There will be a few options though by plane and train.

I'll keep you posted, anyone needa anything (if we get through) let me know.

Not really, they just like a good fight, hence the avitar, which was from the 2006 riots in Budapest (the police retaking a stolen tank in the city centre).

To be honest the Hungarians aren't really anti Russia, there big hatred is with Romania due to the first World War. Hence the reason that although Steaua should win easily, there will be that much fire in the game, I wouldn't write Ujpest off.

:lol: The problems betwen romanians and hungarians is centuries old , since they come from mongolia and settled in europe , they wan't our lands , they had them for some time but we tooked them back , we hate them , they hate us is no problem , i really hope we will defeat them because steaua is the better team , but footbal is full of surprises , that is why is so beautiful , i hope that after the match i will be able to put an positive reply on your forum :lol:

Yes but u have to look at the stats and we are clear favourites

we had 58% possesion hot the crossbar twice and had the ball in the back of the net

I am sorry how many times did u hit the crossbar? the ball on the bag of the net for a penalty that wasnt, and where did you get those stats that Motherwell had 58% of possssion. I was at the game, and what i saw was, that motherwell hit the once, Flamurtari hit the post and the crossbar. Please refrain from chatting shite you probably didnt even watch the game

He's back. :D

Thought you had stopped your fishing for a few days? Usually everyone, no matter what team supporters are welcomed on here but you are starting to do a lot of folks head in. Stop arguing every pointless point, if thats how someone seen the game go then, so be it, shut up whinging.

How about come back on Friday? And please refrain from being an arse - you annoy me.

I am sorry how many times did u hit the crossbar? the ball on the bag of the net for a penalty that wasnt, and where did you get those stats that Motherwell had 58% of possssion. I was at the game, and what i saw was, that motherwell hit the once, Flamurtari hit the post and the crossbar. Please refrain from chatting shite you probably didnt even watch the game

u sound like ur fae more airdrie than albania

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

:D The problems betwen romanians and hungarians is centuries old , since they come from mongolia and settled in europe , they wan't our lands , they had them for some time but we tooked them back , we hate them , they hate us is no problem , i really hope we will defeat them because steaua is the better team , but footbal is full of surprises , that is why is so beautiful , i hope that after the match i will be able to put an positive reply on your forum :lol:

Fuck Hungary !!!....we will kill them in Budapest icon10.gif

Fuck Hungary !!!....we will kill them in Budapest icon10.gif

:evilgrin: Thursday is going to be an interesting day, how many do you think you will bring up to Budapest?

I know we hate the English, but not with the passion you guys have with Hungary.

I'll be at the game, but unfortunately will be working before hand.

Enjoy your trip.

First of all , it's Steaua not Steua so out of respect you should edit the title.

@Andy Harrow , I'm a Romanian and believe me I don't have any problems with Hungarians. Our both countries were brain-washed into thinking we are enemies when we are not and clearly this so called war it's all media hype and politics . And regardless of what will happen in Budapest between the fans I'm maintaining my position . I'm so sorry because these happened , the media from Hungary and especially from Romania encourages violence just so they can write more articles and sell more papers. I'm disappointed in our fans who displayed that banner , it's just a game at the end of the day . Look on the field, the players respect each other and they congratulated after the game.

Kudos to your coach, McStay is very civilised and fair-play. Your fans and our fans should look more into these and learn something from them , not from the press , not from the TV bullshit .

For the Motherwell fans , if you have any questions regarding Steaua just ask , I will more than gladly accept to share some info for you :evilgrin:.

And answer me one question , if I'm coming to Scotland will we drink a beer or two all together ? :O)

Cheers

First of all , it's Steaua not Steua so out of respect you should edit the title.

@Andy Harrow , I'm a Romanian and believe me I don't have any problems with Hungarians. Our both countries were brain-washed into thinking we are enemies when we are not and clearly this so called war it's all media hype and politics . And regardless of what will happen in Budapest between the fans I'm maintaining my position . I'm so sorry because these happened , the media from Hungary and especially from Romania encourages violence just so they can write more articles and sell more papers. I'm disappointed in our fans who displayed that banner , it's just a game at the end of the day . Look on the field, the players respect each other and they congratulated after the game.

Kudos to your coach, McStay is very civilised and fair-play. Your fans and our fans should look more into these and learn something from them , not from the press , not from the TV bullshit .

For the Motherwell fans , if you have any questions regarding Steaua just ask , I will more than gladly accept to share some info for you :O .

And answer me one question , if I'm coming to Scotland will we drink a beer or two all together ? :O )

Cheers

Of course we will Motherwell fans wouldn't have it any other way :evilgrin:

For the Motherwell fans , if you have any questions regarding Steaua just ask , I will more than gladly accept to share some info for you :woop: .

And answer me one question , if I'm coming to Scotland will we drink a beer or two all together ? :thumbup: )

Cheers

Your right, unfortunately there will be many at the game on Thursday that are a little "brain washed" which will create and interesting atmosphere. Hopefully plenty of banter will ensue without any trouble. Certainly the police will be out in force. To be fair to you, its is more the Hungarians that have the issue, Nemzeti front etc, they need to look forward not backwards

Anyway, I'll second nethrtonwellfans sentiments, you'll be able to share a drink with us, hopefully I can do the same with yourself in Bucharest.