Vs Manchester Utd Xi

Tassinari

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy I know who is on placement with South Lanarkshire Council (said he was doing some work on it) told me about this last Wednesday. He's no a Motherwell fan so I thought he was winding me up. He told me it was to celebrate Matt Busby's 100 birthday. He also said that it was on international weekend.

How many man utd players areny internationals?

Delighted it is against Man Utd (although will be a much 'weakened' team) but GUTTED with regards to the date. I chose that weekend for a trip away due to the Well not having a game!!!

In fact are NI playing on the 5th???

Like us they have a double header. They play Poland away on the 5th and then are at home to Slovakia on the Wednesday. I very much doubt this has anything to do with Craigan as I expect he'll expect to be on his way back to Belfast that day so rightdodgyman's explanation makes more sense surely?

i take it this would be at fir park? bit odd considering we don't really have any connection to busby.

it should really be at old trafford, i'm getting a taste for the euro trips :cheers:

Motherwell were the great man's local side, and all in Lanarkshire should be proud of the Bellshill boy. I hope this happens to celebrate Matt's centenery :thumbup: