Vs Manchester Utd Xi

Tassinari

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can work out what the team will be from the 'fishul site:

"As the match will be played on a FIFA designated international weekend none of Manchester United’s international players will be available but the club is committed to bringing its strongest reserve squad to Motherwell for the special challenge match..."

I don't think Giggs, Scholes etc. would qualify as part of the reserve squad, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

I think we can work out what the team will be from the 'fishul site:

"As the match will be played on a FIFA designated international weekend none of Manchester United's international players will be available but the club is committed to bringing its strongest reserve squad to Motherwell for the special challenge match..."

I don't think Giggs, Scholes etc. would qualify as part of the reserve squad, but maybe I'm just a cynic.

Or you could take a look at the most recent League Cup Squads where it is mostly up and comers but with a few veterans in their to steady the ship. SAF could also use it for those who are just coming back from injury (like Vidic will be) etc.

Or you could take a look at the most recent League Cup Squads where it is mostly up and comers but with a few veterans in their to steady the ship. SAF could also use it for those who are just coming back from injury (like Vidic will be) etc.
I could, but I won't. :thumbup: As I said in my earlier post, a team billed as an "XI" doesn't exactly grab my interest. Friendlies against first team squads are typically uninspiring; against 2nd or 3rd string squads even less so.

The last reasonably competitive friendly I can remember was when Liverpool played at Fir Park, but they played pretty much a full team.

I could, but I won't. :thumbup: As I said in my earlier post, a team billed as an "XI" doesn't exactly grab my interest. Friendlies against first team squads are typically uninspiring; against 2nd or 3rd string squads even less so.

The last reasonably competitive friendly I can remember was when Liverpool played at Fir Park, but they played pretty much a full team.

Was that the centeneray match? Just a wee bit before my team. Where all the big guns playing.

Will probably go along to this game. Might see a few future stars at Fir Park.

Was that the centeneray match? Just a wee bit before my team. Where all the big guns playing.

Will probably go along to this game. Might see a few future stars at Fir Park.

Aye, that's right. It was the centenary match. All the big names played and even Kenny Dalglish (who had only just hung up his boots as player manager as I recall) took to the field.

Aye, that's right. It was the centenary match. All the big names played and even Kenny Dalglish (who had only just hung up his boots as player manager as I recall) took to the field.

Liverpool line-up was: Bruce Grobbelaar, Jim Beglin, Barry Venison, Gary Gillespie, Alan Hansen, Steve Nicol, Jan Molby, Steve McMahon, Kenny Dalglish, John Wark, Ian Rush.

No' a bad side.

And three in a row champions heading across the border. I'm filling up here. From MFC official site :

Manchester United’s status in world football is rooted in the achievements of Sir Matt in bringing domestic and European glory to the club and in doing so in the face of one of the greatest tragedies experienced by any club in the history of the game.

“Sir Matt Busby will always be revered by this club and his memory will always be cherished by those millions who support Manchester United across the globe.

Bellshill Matt, legend :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

And three in a row champions heading across the border. I'm filling up here. From MFC official site :
Aye, but the difference in the Liverpool game is that it was their Championship team that played us. Not the best of whatever reserves are left behind on international weekend.

Oh, and they were lucky to escape with a draw :notworthy:

No reading the article it is all for the Sir Matt Busby thing. I don't think even their current owners would dare to ask for a fee for a match in the name of Sir Matt Busby

I'd prefer it, if all monies went to a John 'Sailor' Hunter thing............... Mibbies something for NLC/MFC to think about........... No offence to Mr Busby BTW...........