Vs Manchester Utd Xi

Tassinari

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Im not excited about this in the slightest.

Ditto. I won't be able to make it for other reasons but I don't really see why MFC & local Councils are honouring Sir Matt Busby.

What is his connection with MFC? I'm also underwhelmed by the prospect of playing a reserve side. If Man Utd want to honour Sir Matt Busby properly then they should send a full squad. Having said that I suppose its a marketing exercise thats too good to be missed - a chance to increase their fanbase if you will. We already have enough youngsters in Lanarkshire brainwashed into following the various Premiership giants.

Without reading back I can only say I thought it was to publicise the launch of a Matt Busby initiative to help local kids as in Lanarkshire kids. Now being Lanarkshire's premier team it's fairly obvious we'd be chosen to face the only team Sir Matt is connected with. It's not a friendly between Man U and Motherwell as such, more to highlight the initiative unless I'm mistaken.

Could win us some fans among those Utd fans who travel, and there will be some along with those already brainwashed up here.

Ditto. I won't be able to make it for other reasons but I don't really see why MFC & local Councils are honouring Sir Matt Busby.

What is his connection with MFC?

Having said that I suppose its a marketing exercise thats too good to be missed - a chance to increase their fanbase if you will.

Wasn't he from Lanarkshire?

And I think having Man U will have an opposite effect from what you describe. Perhaps wee guys in Man U tops will think ' wow, Motherwell are playing Man U' and head along - at least getting them into FP. After that they might be back.

Wasn't he from Lanarkshire?

And I think having Man U will have an opposite effect from what you describe. Perhaps wee guys in Man U tops will think ' wow, Motherwell are playing Man U' and head along - at least getting them into FP. After that they might be back.

He was born in Bellshill, lived in Orbiston. That's why the sports centre in Bellshill is named after him

At first I was quite excited, but then like most on here I thought watching Man U reserves will not be up to much, expecially as it is the International week and most players even those in the Utd second string will be away on International duty. Add that to the fact that it is the day after the Scotland v Macedonia which I along with many Well fans will go along to.

The flip side however is it is still Man Utd. I would never miss an opportunity to see Motherwell play a team with the likes of Scholes and possibly Giggs in the side. So to that end I will probably decide to go along.