Europa League

EastStandWellFan

One of the most pleasing aspects of this Europa League campaign has been the interaction between our fans and those of Llanelli, Flamurtari and Steaua Bucharest. Many of their fans have posted on here over the past month or so and we've seen a number of them travel here for the games, culminating in a great turnout of Steaua fans who contributed to such a fantastic atmosphere last night.

Circumstances meant that I was unable to get to any of the away legs but I know from experience of Nancy last year that those hardy souls who travelled to Albania and Romania, not to mention the thousands who journeyed to South Wales, had a great time and were warmly received by the locals. I hope the visiting fans all had a great time here - it was great to see them outside the ground, exchanging scarves, posing for photographs etc.

When you read about the trouble caused by our fellow countrymen from Glasgow it is heartening to know that our fans can travel and mix well.

Thanks are due to all the fans of Llanelli, Flamurtari and Steaua Bucharest for the efforts they went to make Motherwell fans welcome. :notworthy: Good Luck for your upcoming seasons.

It's now down to JG and the players to get us into a third consecutive European adventure.

Stuart.

Very good post mate.

Loved our pre season and everythin thats came with it. Been a unique 1 at that and definatly 1 to remember. All the fans who have came over here have been superb and been in great spirits.

Even last night in the parking lot we stood with a small group of romanians chatting away and taking pictures. They were a credit to their club and hope they had a worthwhile journey.

Also, as said above well done to all the Motherwell fans who travelled to the away games. Behaviour was exceptional and the atmosphere was fantastic throughout.

Heres to a brilliant pre-season and hopefully another season to remember

I went to Wales and Romania, and had a great time from what I can remember.

Bucharest was a really nice city, in comparison to what I imagined it to be anyway, and the locals were as friendly as you could have wanted, beer and food was cheap and the weather was great.

Llanelli, was a great trip, the locals (authorities included) couldnt have done more for us and made it a memorable trip.

..........and we made the poor bastards come to Airdrie.

Guest 'Flow

Certainly the best (and busiest) pre-season I can ever remember...

Club recieved the following email (on Wednesday) from a contact in Romania (edited slightly to protect some financial aspects). Makes for nice reading eh?

Hi Leeann – hope you enjoyed the trip over here and fingers crossed for a good performance tomorrow…

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know about the exceptional response to the game and to Motherwell in Romania. Firstly, the game attracted an extraordinary TV audience of about 3.5million, almost twice as many as the second largest programme of the week (which was Steaua's opening league match of the season) and achieved 40% share of viewing, which is quite exceptional.

Secondly, there has been extremely positive coverage and feedback about the match, the atmosphere and the conduct of MFC and supporters. The leading sports channel, GSP TV, broadcast a special about the entirely positive experience of the Motherwell game contrasted with the rather unpleasant match in the previous match against Upjest, and concluded that this was down to the MFC team and fans being here for 'football and friendship'.

The Children in Distress campaign has also been widely covered and discussed, especially by GSP TV.

On a more anecdotal note, I have not spoken to anyone this week who has not expressed their admiration for MFC.

Best

AR

Who are the best fans in the world then???? :notworthy:

We had a guy tell us in Llanelli that the town had never seen anything like us and he hoped that we would return soon. As I said

Who are the best fans in the world????

Well, they will certainly fancy their chances of reaching the league stages and their fans have won a watch also with a trip to Dublin to play St. Pats. Certainly leaves you wondering "what if" and "if only".

But if we'd gone through, we'd presumably have got another shit-hot seeded team, rather than St.Pat's...?

Steaua played with a lot of teams from Europe. Every year about 5-6 teams but nothing can be compared with the level of civilization and friendship that was in this tie.

Congratulations and I will send an email to our club. Maybe their will consider a partenership between you and Steaua.

At least to make every year, at the start of the season a friendly match and the founds to be donated to poor people.

All the best from Romania.

:notworthy: You guys where the most decent and admirable suporters i ever seen , good luck in the championship and i will visit your forum is you don't mind , i like your team and after this tie you have another suporter in romania :notworthy: i hope i will be able to see some of your games on the internet :notworthy: