New Season How Will We Do?

East_Stand_Al

Anyone have a link to The Herald/Evening Times Predictions. I don't understand where they get these predictions from. The only thing I can think is that Jim Gannon is the only manager they know nothing about, so they have come to the conclusion that he is rubbish.

What exactly are Falkirk, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Hamilton doing to suggest that they will be stronger than us this season?

I suppose I should read their thoughts before jumping in but it seems like a strange choice to me. Do they actually give it any thought at all?

I doubt they've seen us play since we last featured against the old firm. Probably looked at the players leaving and the fact we lost to Llanneli and Flamurtari away before a 6-1 loss to Steaua. The season preview in the Hearld was rubbish anyway,sorry no link. It was full of basic errors so I don't think their view carries any more weight than say Pie and Bovril.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive we are favourites for the first two games, i think a score draw v Saints will be a fair result as there first SPL game at home they will be up for it, Killie pi5h as usual and i expect 4 pts from first 2 games i beleive we can get 6 and probably should. Then the tough run in starts.

We definately need a striker arnd another CB/RB.

McGhee :lol:

I guess I'm just overly optimistic but from looking at the other SPL teams we have nothing to worry about

McGhee didn't have to build a team - he had to coach them, but that's a different problem. Big Eck was a good coach too, but useless at rebuilding.

I wouldn't be surpised to see us finishing third, and also unsurpised to see us finishing 11th.

As has been mentioned by a few others, there's almost an 'administration time' feel to the squad with all the youngsters being blooded. The Europa league games show that these players are capable of brilliant performances, and then be given the runaround by more experienced opponents. That experience can only hold them in good stead though.

I just hope these 6 games don't catch up with them due to the timing of them - anotehr negative in my eyes about them was that we were limited to 3 subs and that meant the full squad wasn't getting as much match practise as they would from a friendly.

Still, I'd be happy with a solid bottom six finish and a transitional season to build on for the following season's Europa League games (courtesy of the cup win!).

IGWT

I wouldn't be surpised to see us finishing third, and also unsurpised to see us finishing 11th

Spot on with that. If any of us knew what was going to happen we'd be down the bookies making a fortune, not sitting here.

Like all young teams they will have some great games and some stinkers.

But never ever will they be as bad as Hamilton, Falkirk and St Mirren.

top six might be a possibility but i think dundee united and hearts will open a gap on the rest. they're by far the most solid of the rest of the two teams and seem to have made some signings during the summer to help them score more.

it's difficult to predict what'll happen with the rest. hibs and aberdeen look like they're going backwards. killie, st mirren and st johnstone look poor but will probably benefit from having stable and experienced squads. us, accies and falkirk are complete unknown quantities but i'd take where we are just now over either of the two of them.

it looks like a very weak division this year and if we get in a quality striker and a solid RB we could be looking at europe and a good season. if we don't add quality before the window shuts and we get a couple of injuries we could be relegated. the only guarantee is that it'll be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...