The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye the park is bald but it isnt cutting up anywhere near as it was last year.The grass doesnt grow in the winter but at least we havent had any games called off this season we will need to see what happens when the spring comes. No doubt that when celtic come to fir park next week lennon and co will slate it but fu** them

Saint Midden had their pitch ready to pla on 6 months before they moved stadium. So plenty of time to bed in.

Not only that, they didn't experience anywhere near as severe winters as we have had since we relaid ours. Looking back 20 or 30 years we used to play on pitches that were far worse and no-one complained.

St Mirrens pitch is a planted grown pitch from scratch rather than a laid turf pitch which has made the difference! They actually planted the pitch prior to building a lot of the stadium. Hence why it's in such good condition!

Sorry pal, our, ahem, pitch is not laid from turf either. Those involved claimed the ideal of sowing from seed would improve 'root zone'. Club can deflect as much as they like behind the scenes, poor groundsmanship is the cause. Again.

Sorry pal, our, ahem, pitch is not laid from turf either. Those involved claimed the ideal of sowing from seed would improve 'root zone'. Club can deflect as much as they like behind the scenes, poor groundsmanship is the cause. Again.

Over my heid.

I think St Mirrens grew there's for about a year before they played on it. Ours had a summer, you'll get no arguement out me about the poor groundsmanship!

Not only that, they didn't experience anywhere near as severe winters as we have had since we relaid ours. Looking back 20 or 30 years we used to play on pitches that were far worse and no-one complained.

Believe it or not, Western Glasgow had much less snowfall than we did. When we had the severe snowfall in November/December time, you could virtually draw a line down the centre of Glasgow and anything East of the line got it bad. It's bound to have had an effect on the ground.

The pitch looks terrible and it plays worse. Sometimes the ball bounces on it, sometimes it doesn't. Players are having to take extra touches to compensate and almost second guess what the ball might do and it's painful to watch. Other pitches, but not all, are just as bad though and seem to be immune to criticism. There's a goalkeeping howler, if the goalie doesn't take a touch (and on one occassion on Saturday Randy didnae!) just around the corner for some team.

According to the Refs that inspected them they were playable.

Aye we all know that the games went ahead.

but like I say I think hand on heart we's say our pitch really and honestly was unplayable and unsafe.

If that was playable then I find it hard to imagine what unplayable would actually look like