Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

Fantastic performance today.

Don't know why we persist with Hammell and some of the others when we have Reynolds and Hately, two players that can pretty much play anywhere. Loved crags' wee maizie run in the first half, he looked terrified :P

So many positives. Only one negative imo - Jennings. Get him punted!

Don't think this guys match fit yet....I was expecting him to be the best signing as well, he's certainly the highest profile player signed so far.

In all fairness I reckon Hateleys not 100% either but I know what you mean with Jennings, looks like its gonna take him a while to find his feet.

Great performance today all round, the defence looked amazin which was good to see :P

O'Brien had a blinder, Coke ran the midfield, Forbes was impressive too.

Crackin performance for the fist home game, hope we can keep it up.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe no one has mentioned Craigan's 40 yard march past the Killie Strikers and midfield. Fucking moment of the match, and as soon as that happened I knew we had the beating of them. Killie are not a great side, they had Taoule and that was it.

Kyle was in Hutchisons' back pocket for almost the whole game, and then Hutchison had the audacity to show Kyle what a striker is supposed to do :P

Hateley as has been mentioned looks already to be the find of the season. Another display this time in front of the defence.

Jim O'Brien ripped thier right side to shreds almost everytime he had the ball. Had the beating of their right back all game.

Not much I can add to what has already been said. A very positive performance with plenty of of things to be happy about. I'm really enthusiastic about Gannon. I think we are going to have a few bumps along the way this season because we have a young team, although I think we are a great shout for the top six. I suppose we'll figure out really how strong we are when we play the other top six challengers like united, hearts etc. But against the dross like killie, st. mirren and falkirk I think we'll do well more often than not.

Good times!

There is so so many positives to take from the game today and you want to whinge about Slane not passing when we were 3-0 up at the time? And he did "pass the ball in a good position" when he darted down the left skinned 3 Killie defenders and rolled it off to (Coke? Forbes?) who never read the pass when Paul could easily have took the shot on. :huh:

Anyway, where do I start? Oooft. Jim O'-fucking-Brien - what a man. Did he waste a ball? Not that I remember. Did he give Killie defenders a head ache? Yeah, damn right he did. Absolutely cracking performance from him. Such a good game, taking players on, whipping crosses in all day long and had a good few efforts on goal and of course won the penatly. And awesomely had the full stadium on their feet when he left the park with a roar. :lol:

I'll admit I was a little worried with Saunders at right back when I heard the line-up for today but fair play to you mate. Had big Sammon in his pocket the full game. Well in!

Coke looks more and more impressive the more we see him. What can you say? He opens uo play finds himself that little extra second on the ball. Doesn't stop running, tracks midfielders runs - just does his job and does it well. Cracking show again Giles, fancy signing for a few seasons now?

John Sutton took his goal well. Another good display from the big man, can't complain with his contribution.

Shauny Hutchinson, you are my hero! :wub: Took your goal amazingly well for a CB and never let Kyle have a sniff of the game. That is all.

And last but not least - Ross Forbes. Can anyone hit a ball any better? :rolleyes: Your last minute shot deserved to go in just to top off another brilliant display, in my eyes. Took the penalty so coolly. Top man.

Not a failure in the team today, everyone done their job and as a team played very damn well. I might sound like I'm getting to excited and I don't expect this from the boys every week but damn, when it happens it happens.

Pretty delighted with the 3 points today, to say the least. Gannon your a top man - nice to have a manager that cares for the fans and applauds them every game.

Great game, great team, great manager. :thumbup:

Brilliant post there, sums it up perfectly. Everybody passed with flying colours :D Nothing much to add apart from a comment on Craigans performance. It was good to see him adopt more of a passing game compared to his usual "punt it up the park" tactics. I think it was topped off with his crazy run up the park straight through the Killie midfield, what a run that was :lol: I dont think theres any question that he'll play a part in the team :wub:

But aye, Jim O'Brien, what a fuckin' performance :lol::notworthy:

Superb performance today, to a man everyone played well. Craigan and Hutchinson marked Kyle out the game only the one slip up when Kyle put it over the bar.

Going forward we look some prospect, O Brien has got some engine on him and he fairly can boost when needed, Slane showed as well when he came onw hat he can do, and I think that's the role we should use him in this season where possible, about 30mins left fire him on to run at tiring defenders.

What I will say is, I have never seen us play a team off the park so comprehensively and in doing so never get out of first gear, really, today looked like a breeze for the lads, maybe the extra sharpness, I don't know, but we looked like we could still crank it up if needed.

That Starting XI definitely looks our strongest from what I've seen in the Euro ties and the opening two matches and I hope to see the same team take the field at Aberdeen next week.

Immense today. Just immense.

Not seen a standing ovation like JOB's today for ages, maybe years!!!

Forbes looks like he will get a goal every game, so that's 38 goals sorted.

And finally, I can't remember the last time I felt so desperate to see the next Motherwell game at the final whistle.

Jim Gannon, your boys are looking tremendous!!!

Excellent performance. A million miles from the last home game of the season against Kilmarnock. A lot of people wrote us off today, including some of our own on this forum. The guys proved them all wrong, well done!

All I can say is Up Yours Craig Paterson! (Predicted a Killie win) :)

i definitely got closer to the starting x1 than anyone else!

I would have got there cos I saw Gannon line them up in training yesterday, but that wid have been cheating so I didnae post it. Anyways Hammell n Reynolds werenae training and Slane wis in wi' Hateley at left back in the practice session so you probably got as close as I would have.

Have to say from what I saw yesterday Gannon's practice session paid dividends cos he had them defending set pieces with balls flying in from all areas of the pitch. Obviously designed to elminate their ariel threat and worked a treat cos Killie had fuck all else to offer.

Gannon has, in my opinion, transformed that team already. Considering how much disarray the team was in after McGhee finally managed to get whored somewhere else he's done a brilliant job even at this early stage.

Gannon has, in my opinion, transformed that team already. Considering how much disarray the team was in after McGhee finally managed to get whored somewhere else he's done a brilliant job even at this early stage.
Agreed. I said it early in the Euro campaign, but it's worth repeating. JB did a good business in selling some bankable players and bringing in Gannon as early as he did. With the uncertainty over Setanta etc. plus the money we spent on the pitch, it appears he has made a decent job of balancing the books without hurting the team too much.

By taking action early, he appears to have found a good manager and given him time (and money) to get some players in. Meantime, some of our rivals are still struggling to rebuild. No doubt Boyle has made some mistakes in the past, but I think he took some tough (but timely) decisions this time that will pay dividends.

Its great coming onto the forum and reading everything that you were going to say but i'll say it anyways.

Great team performance, great individual performances, even the support for the team was fantastic and thats fuckin unusual to say the least :lol:

Well done boys, youse deserve a few of these :cheers: Although youse probably aren't old enough yet :lol: