Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock-score Predictions,team Line-up

dazamfc

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy played 20 minutes and his job was to close the game out. Done his Job.

Humphrey didnt have the best of times, but at least hes willing to take a man, i think he could learn from O'brien and be a bit greedy rather than going for the cross. I think once he settles he'll be a fab assest.

But Tom Hateley, who needs Klimpl, this lad is a prospect and a half.

I'm judging him not only on today but the past seven games he has played. He offers nothing more than Steven McGarry apart from someone who looks unfit that charges about the middle of the park.

It was the only minor point in what was a fantastic performance by the team.

First game witnessing the Gannon revolution in person, overall delighted. Impressed by Coke, solid, breaks it up passes it well and delighted with Forbes, great left foot, range of passing and willing to shoot, which makes a refreshing change. Thought Hutchison was also impressive today, was not intimidated by Kyle in the slightest, and cracking goal. Hately looks to be an asset in terms of being able to put in a solid shift, as does Jennings. My one concern would be the apparent embarrasment of riches in the middle and being a bit light for cover in defence and up front. At least Gannon is on the case, await the signings with interest. Nice to see a manager who when we're 3-0 up, makes changes and brings on players to freshen things up. Not wanting to curse us this early with high expectations, but this looks to be a very interesting season in prospect...

And he passed the ball in a good postion when ? or are you happy with a player who has great skill but eventually gives away possesion ?

Give us peace and stop being a total numpty bigcol! McFadden would give the ball away lots, and still does, but he ended up making us over £1M, so I am happy to give Paul creative freedom, if it means the club benefit in the long run. Paul Slane is a fantastic prospect, and doesn't need people like you putting him down so early in his career! Get a grip!

Penalty turned the game.

We started off strong but I felt we fell out of it after Sutton scored and Kilmarnock really dominated from then on until we got the penalty.

Once we were 2-0 up we never really looked under any danger of dropping the points, thanks to a pretty good defensive display, but offensively we still played in 5 - 10 minute patches, sometimes we looked really dangerous, other times it wasn't so good.

Overall though an excellent victory and a decent display - we certainly look like we have goals in us.

The guy played 20 minutes and his job was to close the game out. Done his Job.

Humphrey didnt have the best of times, but at least hes willing to take a man, i think he could learn from O'brien and be a bit greedy rather than going for the cross. I think once he settles he'll be a fab assest.

But Tom Hateley, who needs Klimpl, this lad is a prospect and a half.

Jennings did nothing wrong today, thought he did quite well and first I saw him where I thought there is potential there. Happy to tongue in cheek slate him before he come on from for his early appearnaces so far but looked much sharper today.

Humphrey does look very raw and a bit lost today. I fear for him if he doesn't pull out a better performance soon before the fans really get on his back, a few groans and comments today but whilst we're winning it probably took quite a bit of heat from the criticism he'll get if he plays like that when it much more in the balance.

Penalty turned the game.

We started off strong but I felt we fell out of it after Sutton scored and Kilmarnock really dominated from then on until we got the penalty.

Once we were 2-0 up we never really looked under any danger of dropping the points, thanks to a pretty good defensive display, but offensively we still played in 5 - 10 minute patches, sometimes we looked really dangerous, other times it wasn't so good.

Overall though an excellent victory and a decent display - we certainly look like we have goals in us.

Agree with this. Felt Killie actually dominated the first fifteen minutes or so after the break. Great result with some cracking performances. Humphreys and Jennings aren't showing the talent Coke is.....but give them time. Slane, Forbes and Hutchinson are like three new signings. All great players. Hatelely looked good. Spied his auld man in the Main Stand. Only disappointments were no clean sheet (Gannon is still to get his first) and Forbes 90th minute shot coming back off the underside of the bar and away.

Really looking forward to the trip to Aberdeen.

And he passed the ball in a good postion when ? or are you happy with a player who has great skill but eventually gives away possesion ?

I can think of at least 3 times when he got in a good position and passed the ball. He cut two back across the box and once, ran inside and teed up Jennings with a cracking wee backheel.

Maybe you should open your eyes before you start criticising a 17 year old!

Some people need to get a grip and support the team rather than moaning all the time.

There is so so many positives to take from the game today and you want to whinge about Slane not passing when we were 3-0 up at the time? And he did "pass the ball in a good position" when he darted down the left skinned 3 Killie defenders and rolled it off to (Coke? Forbes?) who never read the pass when Paul could easily have took the shot on. :huh:

Anyway, where do I start? Oooft. Jim O'-fucking-Brien - what a man. Did he waste a ball? Not that I remember. Did he give Killie defenders a head ache? Yeah, damn right he did. Absolutely cracking performance from him. Such a good game, taking players on, whipping crosses in all day long and had a good few efforts on goal and of course won the penatly. And awesomely had the full stadium on their feet when he left the park with a roar. :D

I'll admit I was a little worried with Saunders at right back when I heard the line-up for today but fair play to you mate. Had big Sammon in his pocket the full game. Well in!

Coke looks more and more impressive the more we see him. What can you say? He opens uo play finds himself that little extra second on the ball. Doesn't stop running, tracks midfielders runs - just does his job and does it well. Cracking show again Giles, fancy signing for a few seasons now?

John Sutton took his goal well. Another good display from the big man, can't complain with his contribution.

Shauny Hutchinson, you are my hero! :wub: Took your goal amazingly well for a CB and never let Kyle have a sniff of the game. That is all.

And last but not least - Ross Forbes. Can anyone hit a ball any better? :( Your last minute shot deserved to go in just to top off another brilliant display, in my eyes. Took the penalty so coolly. Top man.

Not a failure in the team today, everyone done their job and as a team played very damn well. I might sound like I'm getting to excited and I don't expect this from the boys every week but damn, when it happens it happens.

Pretty delighted with the 3 points today, to say the least. Gannon your a top man - nice to have a manager that cares for the fans and applauds them every game.

Great game, great team, great manager. :thumbup:

Motherwell manager Jim Gannon: "I am pleased that we got off to a good winning start at home but there were things in the second half things that disappoint me.

"We changed things tactically today. I brought in Stevie Saunders at right-back to try to neutralise the aerial threat of Kilmarnock. It worked really well.

"John (Sutton) gives us a bit of physical presence up front and he took his goal excellently.

"We changed things second half. We tried to over-complicate our corners in the first half. We made it simple second half - put it right on top of the keeper.

"Stevie Saunders is unbelievable in the air. He has got a fantastic leap.

"Ross Forbes got himself a goal, but that wasn't his best game, there is more to come.

"Young Hateley, Saunders, Hutchinson were immense today, but naturally Ross with his talent is going to catch the eye."

There is so so many positives to take from the game today and you want to whinge about Slane not passing when we were 3-0 up at the time? And he did "pass the ball in a good position" when he darted down the left skinned 3 Killie defenders and rolled it off to (Coke? Forbes?) who never read the pass when Paul could easily have took the shot on. :huh:

Anyway, where do I start? Oooft. Jim O'-fucking-Brien - what a man. Did he waste a ball? Not that I remember. Did he give Killie defenders a head ache? Yeah, damn right he did. Absolutely cracking performance from him. Such a good game, taking players on, whipping crosses in all day long and had a good few efforts on goal and of course won the penatly. And awesomely had the full stadium on their feet when he left the park with a roar. :D

I'll admit I was a little worried with Saunders at right back when I heard the line-up for today but fair play to you mate. Had big Sammon in his pocket the full game. Well in!

Coke looks more and more impressive the more we see him. What can you say? He opens uo play finds himself that little extra second on the ball. Doesn't stop running, tracks midfielders runs - just does his job and does it well. Cracking show again Giles, fancy signing for a few seasons now?

John Sutton took his goal well. Another good display from the big man, can't complain with his contribution.

Shauny Hutchinson, you are my hero! :wub: Took your goal amazingly well for a CB and never let Kyle have a sniff of the game. That is all.

And last but not least - Ross Forbes. Can anyone hit a ball any better? :( Your last minute shot deserved to go in just to top off another brilliant display, in my eyes. Took the penalty so coolly. Top man.

Not a failure in the team today, everyone done their job and as a team played very damn well. I might sound like I'm getting to excited and I don't expect this from the boys every week but damn, when it happens it happens.

Pretty delighted with the 3 points today, to say the least. Gannon your a top man - nice to have a manager that cares for the fans and applauds them every game.

Great game, great team, great manager. :thumbup:

great post robyn sums it up perfectly

Delighted with three points. Even more pleased with Gannon's summing up and being unhappy with aspects of the game. Strikes me as being a far more astute tactician than McGhee ever was, and that can only be good for the future. Next week has a lot of needle attached to it, let's give a certain former manager the nightmare August he could only have dreamt about - in his worst dreams.

Great result today and overall a great performance. Solid professional performances from every player on the park today. Great performances in particular from Saunders, Coke, Forbes,O'Brien and Sutton. Also thought Craigan was miles better than last week - good to see him passing the ball on the ground instead of booting it up the park. Slane also made an immediate impact when he came on - fekk knows why he didn't take a shot after his first run down the right. Only player I was slightly disappointed with was Jennings, he had some good touchs and tackles but there's still something missing. Hopefully he will come onto his game in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to next Saturday already!!!

Mon the 'Well!!!

Absolutely LOVE hearing Gannon talk, the man is top notch. Superb performance by the sound of it on Radio today, Hutchinson + Forbes scoring exploits are so refreshing when you think that last season we scored feck all from Mid and Defence, Sure in the 8 games weve played Hutch + Forbes have scored more than our ENTIRE Defence + Midfield managed in the whole of last season!

Special mention has to go out to Gordon Young and the Youth Development team as well! And what an inspired move switching Hutchinson from centre mid to centre defence, now we have that big,strong,dominant centre half weve craved for years, AND he can play a bit. Some cracking youngsters in the team now and by all accounts some top prospects still to make the step up, all in all, superb work guys! And in Gannon I believe we have the man to develop these guys to the best of their potential

We did not maul Killie, any critisism is constructive to improve Slane's game.

What you have to remember is that he is still only 17. He will improve his awareness, passing etc... in time. All people are saying is don't jump on the boys bak and criticise him too quickly. As with any creative/stand out/skillful player, they will always have the odd game where they will frustrate you incredibly, but they will also change games, make telling contributions like no other player can. I think people really need to take a wee step back in regards to Paul, yes he is supremely talented, yes he looks great, but he is still improving as a footballer and he has to be allowed to do this without the fans getting on his back. If the lad is having a bad game, big him up don't shout him down, because this is the next McFadden and we WILL get big money for him and messers Hutchison and Forbes if they keep up their rapid progression

Great result today and very good performance.

The thing that impresses me most is that, while there are some areas that need to improve, we seem to be adding things to our game, things that we have been screaming out for over the last few seasons, most notably set-piece deliveries that get past the first defender and goals from midfield.

It is a very young team and they will have their off days, but I've seen enough to convince me that there will be more good days than bad. With a bit of luck regarding injuries and suspensions, we should have a good season.

One last thing - Ross Forbes - the best left peg at FP since Cooper?

Just back. Thoroughly enjoyed today. As has beeen said, lots of positives. Coke particularly impresses me as being an excellent signing. Was excited enough to decide to make the trip up to Aberdeen next week for the first time in many years. Do feel that as a support we could be doing a bit more to improve the atmosphere.

On the subject of Slane, I don't think it is wrong to mention the mistake towards the end as it seemed to me that he was trying to be a bit too smart. I hope he is not believing the hype too much already. I think we can be fairly certain that Gannon will let him know about playing as part of a team, so no reason to be concerned.

One other point, I thought Taoule for Kilmarnock was fantastic. Kilmarnock had done well to keep in.