Mcghee The Patroniser

Albie

Cant beleive you are comparing a silly football chant to hitler

I knew people where going to say that. I wasn't doing that at all! What I was doing was using an extreme analogy to highlight the logic that certain people are using here on this forum. Just because someone is doing alot worse doesn't mean that it isn't wrong or some people will not perceive it be wrong. That is what I was trying to get at and I am sorry if you didn't understand that.

I am sorry that I care about the PR of Motherwell FC and care how people outside perceive our club. I have been to Nancy, Llanelli and Bucharest and with one obvious exception I have been extremely proud of the conduct of our fans. The Nancy fans applauding us at the end of the game at the Stade Marcel and taking their hats off made me extremely proud to the point that I had a tear in my eye and the same went for Bucharest also. Moreover, after Llanelli I shared a drink in the Met Bar with a couple of Llanelli fans and was told "you are a credit to your team and country", that made me proud also.

I am sorry but yesterday made me feel the complete opposite. IMO opinion a paedophile is one of the worst things that you can call someone if it has not been proven legally. I would be extremely offended if someone called me that and if I am being over sensitive I couldn't give a shit I am guilty as charged. There are chants that are totally inappropriate for the football stands. Paedophile is one and I have never taken part in the chanting of this word and suggestions of double standards I also feel insulting. Other ones are obviously the bile that the OF scum regurgitate every other week.

So for the people that condone these chants and if there are any on these forums who have taken part in these chants can you please not drag the name of my team through the mud. This is a family club and shouldn't have to listen to such offensive chants and the day it ceases to be a proud family club will be the day I give up going to Motherwell games.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, it's in all the papers.....

I really wish the songs that were sung weren't the ones that were sung as despite the fact there are continued offences committed by the big two week in week out, and despite the press getting (delibrately?) getting the wrong end of the stick, they aren't afraid to put the boot in to Motherwell and it's now given the media friendly McGhee the opportunity to say "Moi?" to all and sundry.

The press have completely ignored the many reasons Motherwell fans have for any ill feeling towards McGhee but have wasted no time in putting the boot in when it has become apparent many do.

correct, and if a group of lads we're to have a major grudge against someone they'd use the worst thing possible to calll someone when abusing them/him.

And I am saying this is disgusting and not right. I have necer used that word against my worst enemy and never would unless it was true.

i totally dont agree with the peodo song but i thought at football games if you sung or shouted anything offensive at someone you got ejected from the ground so imo aberdeen stewards and police didnt find anything wrong with it which is shocking best thing we can do as fans is flush this nonsense out of the club and get rid of the people that are just looking to give the club a bad name. FFS lots of people on here take kids to the games and they should not be hearing shit like that the people who sung it need to take a look at themselves how would they like someone singing shit like that at them . mark mcghee did deserve some abuse whether it was booing or sheep sh****g b*****d thats how far it should have went dare say the club now will habe to release a statment im ashamed to call myself a fan after yesterday

Why would hte club have to do anything?

No arrests were made and as far as I'm aware, there was no chant which broke any laws or SFA guidelines.

Didn't the chants break libel laws? And there are a few on here with stupid signatures who I hope action is taken against. Nice to see the MODS doing there jobs and banning these people.........

No libel law in Scotland I'm afraid, defamation yes but they could never bring that charge.

Certainly nothing the club could have done to them given the number of people singing, it would mean getting all of them in court over it.

Didn't the chants break libel laws? And there are a few on here with stupid signatures who I hope action is taken against. Nice to see the MODS doing there jobs and banning these people.........

They could well have beeen warned for all you know.

Seriously dude, chill the fuck out, there has been MUCH worse sung at a football, why you taking this so personally??

Mark McGhee likes shagging sheep, for me, is just as libelous as Mark McGhee is a paedophile, or Jimmy Hill is a poof, or Richard Gough is a child molester or even back to the Bobby Moore bastard song..

If we banned everyone who had sang the above our attendences throughout the leagues and national team would resemble that of a Leon Jackson concert.

Maybe you were, take it you've never called anyone a sheep shagger? A bastard? Joined in the Richard Gough chant etc as above?

I know! You're Bono? Bob Geldof? Your self righteousness is certainly on a par.

Is there a problem with me being on my high horse? I thought we as a support were better than the OF scum but maybe I was wrong.

Yawn. It's really tiring reading about how all you saints are so shocked, disappointed etc. Fact is football fans a fickle. We didn't break any SFA rules. If McGhee want's to bring a civil action againt 500odd fans then I wish him all the luck in the world.

know what all the aresholes that sang yesterday will continue to do so but see when there is no club to support or we are being fined thousands or playing behind closed doors what will you do then you will be the ones that are up in arms moaning about it

know what all the aresholes that sang yesterday will continue to do so but see when there is no club to support or we are being fined thousands or playing behind closed doors what will you do then you will be the ones that are up in arms moaning about it

:lol:

Okay pal.

Why would we be fined thousands, which SFA regulations were broken?

Where is a precident for making us play behind closed doors?

So much shite coming from alot of folk today and last night. Go have a glass of milk and chill the fuck out.

Maybe you were, take it you've never called anyone a sheep shagger? A bastard? Joined in the Richard Gough chant etc as above?

I know! You're Bono? Bob Geldof? Your self righteousness is certainly on a par.

I have never sung sheep shagger, bastard I'l give you it's not anywhere near paedophile which is one of the lowest group of people you can ever get is it not ? Or am i wrong do people think paedophiles are accpetable in society ? Bastards are accepted the world over now. I am a bastard and I have a job and my life is pretty good and I am quite sure nobody wants to castrate me.

Oh and when I was 13,14 and 15 I heard the chants about Richard Gough and was disgusted then so this thing about age is bullshit.

And I am no angel. I have done things that were wrong in the past. It shows the society we live in when someone who shows their disgust in such chants gets questioned more than the cretins doing the disgusting chanting.

I guess it's all down to peoples perception, but to me, abuse is abuse, as long as it doesn't break any laws as they are set down by the powers that be- discrimination be it racist, homophobic or sectarian, then it's all pretty much fair game in the footballing context.

I have never sung sheep shagger, bastard I'l give you it's not anywhere near paedophile which is one of the lowest group of people you can ever get is it not ? Or am i wrong do people think paedophiles are accpetable in society ? Bastards are accepted the world over now. I am a bastard and I have a job and my life is pretty good and I am quite sure nobody wants to castrate me.

Oh and when I was 13,14 and 15 I heard the chants about Richard Gough and was disgusted then so this thing about age is bullshit.

And I am no angel. I have done things that were wrong in the past. It shows the society we live in when someone who shows their disgust in such chants gets questioned more than the cretins doing the disgusting chanting.

I wouldnt be employing anyone caught shagging a chicken...or a sheep..put it that way

:lol:

Okay pal.

Why would we be fined thousands, which SFA regulations were broken?

Where is a precident for making us play behind closed doors?

So much shite coming from alot of folk today and last night. Go have a glass of milk and chill the fuck out.

what about the st johnstone game when fans abused jason scotland suppose thats all right as well were the club not warned about there behaviour then anyway best thing that could happen is to close down this thread as its becoing personal with people lets just face it people have differant views and we will need to agree ot disagree after all we are well fans and should be standing tall and uniting against the old firm :lol: