Mcghee The Patroniser

Albie

Best when they're still warm :lol:

I just spent the best part of 40 minutes reading through this thread as I was at a wedding yesterday and hadn't heard anything about the match until now really. I feel a bit sorry for GazzyB, taking a lot of abuse yesterday when everyone was on their high horse cos at the end of the day I can see where he's coming from. There has been a huge over-reaction by the sounds of it on here. Fuck Mark McGhee, he's maybe not a paedo but fuck him, if he's annoyed by what a couple of hundred angry fans are singing at him, then still fuck him.

Maybe the chants are OTT, but so are many many more football chants around the world, and many worse have been sung at Fir Park. I think you would have to be deluded to be embarrassed over how fans of our 'family club' have behaved, as it happens at football, end of.

The press brining up the F***** carry on is just genius, though. We're getting quite used to digs being thrown our way in the papers, but I do find it quite funny when they decide to to make stuff up. The only decent thing to come out of the press this weekend by the looks of it is the quote from Mark Reynolds. Tap man!

Name a few then and we will se how many we get.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...as a person gets older and acquires more common sense and sensitivity, there is an awareness of consequence.

It only takes a moment to have a quick overview, and a decision made in the heat of the moment, fuelled by drink, aggravated by peer pressure, and spurred on by bravado, brings those who chose to chant yesterday to the point where common sense meant nothing, and reaction meant everything.

In my opinion, there is no middle ground.

The Paedo chant/song was wrong.

Those who defend it will eventually learn that maybe, just maybe, it was misguided.

But knowing how much of a reaction its getting on the boards will only strengthen their resolve to remain unmoved.

Mark McGhee will milk this situation, and the smokescreen this provides will help him to continue to do at Aberdeen what he did at Motherwell..and that was take money under false pretences...the minority played right into his barra!!

Who shagged all the boys ?

The stuff about Dene Shields eye ?

Shouts about hoping players die - heard before and after Phil

If you want to go back further Justin Fashanu got it bad

and back in the days before seats there was even swearing at the games

Maybe if youve personal experience of paedophilia you are more annoyed about yesterday ? Its not a pleasant subject but when were drunk football fans ever pleasant to the opposition ?

and where and when did this cuddly Liviesque reputation of Motherwell's support come from that you are fighting to defend ?

Dead horse and flogging come to mind - i dont think you are going to be getting a written apology from those that are admitting to singing it

I agree with you that it was in bad taste and a bit unimaginative , maybe ive just been to so many football games that it goes in one ear and out the other

It isnt true but then again they arent all sheep shagging bastards either , dont suppose folk like it being said that they pump animals any more than they do kids if its to be taken seriously and not as a noise up from drunk football fans and im sure even the tabloids can work out which of the two yesterday was.

Good luck on the rest of the thread and on cleaning up the terraces :lol:

...as a person gets older and acquires more common sense and sensitivity, there is an awareness of consequence.

It only takes a moment to have a quick overview, and a decision made in the heat of the moment, fuelled by drink, aggravated by peer pressure, and spurred on by bravado, brings those who chose to chant yesterday to the point where common sense meant nothing, and reaction meant everything.

In my opinion, there is no middle ground.

The Paedo chant/song was wrong.

Those who defend it will eventually learn that maybe, just maybe, it was misguided.

But knowing how much of a reaction its getting on the boards will only strengthen their resolve to remain unmoved.

Mark McGhee will milk this situation, and the smokescreen this provides will help him to continue to do at Aberdeen what he did at Motherwell..and that was take money under false pretences...the minority played right into his barra!!

Your post certainly fits in well on this thread, given it's a thread about someone being patronising.

Name a few then and we will se how many we get.

Aye very good, you're moaning about the clubs reputation then you go and egg folk on to list inappropriate behaviour/songs

Of which we all know there are plenty off

Get a grip your point is made

Good post EmmJay, others have tried to make the same point but some on both sides seem unable to back off and consider others may be right its just a matter of where you are in life that might just swing your views on this.

and having just seen Jays post I stand by that maybe other influences/previous posts are swaying the view, point being and even speaking from personal experience is that views changes with lifes experience, (not age)

But in saying that a crowd will not do what everyone is comfortable with and as such some acts will upset some but not others, those that sang loud are every bit the Motherwell fan as those that are decrying it,

Who shagged all the boys ?

The stuff about Dene Shields eye ?

Shouts about hoping players die - heard before and after Phil

If you want to go back further Justin Fashanu got it bad

and back in the days before seats there was even swearing at the games

Maybe if youve personal experience of paedophilia you are more annoyed about yesterday ? Its not a pleasant subject but when were drunk football fans ever pleasant to the opposition ?

and where and when did this cuddly Liviesque reputation of Motherwell's support come from that you are fighting to defend ?

Dead horse and flogging come to mind - i dont think you are going to be getting a written apology from those that are admitting to singing it

I agree with you that it was in bad taste and a bit unimaginative , maybe ive just been to so many football games that it goes in one ear and out the other

It isnt true but then again they arent all sheep shagging bastards either , dont suppose folk like it being said that they pump animals any more than they do kids if its to be taken seriously and not as a noise up from drunk football fans and im sure even the tabloids can work out which of the two yesterday was.

Good luck on the rest of the thread and on cleaning up the terraces :lol:

And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

How do you not understand what he's saying? He's saying that maybe if you have had an experience with paedophilia, the subject becomes a lot more difficult to talk/listen about.

Don't worry, he's not calling you a paedophile!

Your post certainly fits in well on this thread, given it's a thread about someone being patronising.

Jay, I wasn't being patronising(Pet)....... :lol:

Listen...I live with juveniles who NEVER back down from ANY argument, whether its about taking their turn to clear plates off tables, replace toilet rolls, football, festivals, bands, music, who's turn it was to tidy up, where they sit in the car, who's turn it is to use the car, who left it without petrol, who ate the last biscuit, who didn't want boiled potatoes, ..the list is endless. I am opinionated about things I think are sensitive and ill advised. Yesterday's chanting was ill advised...thats all. And I know when folk refuse to budge from a discussion even when they know in their hearts they're wrong... ;)

Aye very good, you're moaning about the clubs reputation then you go and egg folk on to list inappropriate behaviour/songs

Of which we all know there are plenty off

Get a grip your point is made

Good post EmmJay, others have tried to make the same point but some on both sides seem unable to back off and consider others may be right its just a matter of where you are in life that might just swing your views on this.

and having just seen Jays post I stand by that maybe other influences/previous posts are swaying the view, point being and even speaking from personal experience is that views changes with lifes experience, (not age)

My point is made therefore I should just accept it when someone makes a further post I don't agree with? The reason why I asked the above post was I don't believe there is a worse thing to be called. I am not going to apologise for that view and as long as people attack my opinion on this I will defend myself.

Jay, I wasn't being patronising(Pet)....... ;)

Listen...I live with juveniles who NEVER back down from ANY argument, whether its about taking their turn to clear plates off tables, replace toilet rolls, football, festivals, bands, music, who's turn it was to tidy up, where they sit in the car, who's turn it is to use the car, who left it without petrol, who ate the last biscuit, who didn't want boiled potatoes, ..the list is endless. I am opinionated about things I think are sensitive and ill advised. Yesterday's chanting was ill advised...thats all. And I know when folk refuse to budge from a discussion even when they know in their hearts they're wrong... ;)

:lol:

Just had a quick look at the thread on p&b and its all very predictable but what i don't get is 'well fans getting into debates with some of the nutters on there, f*** them when did st midden and kilmarnock fans become the moral guardians of scottish football

it's time this thread got sent to the HOTD its starting to get a bit out of line to call some1 a paedo isnt nice and after all a lot of us 'Well fans take our kids to Motherwell games and i for one do not want to explaine to my child what a paedo is.

Why would ye not want to explain what a paedophile is to your child?

Yer weans going to find out what it is one day, and its your responsibility as a parent to make sure your weans aware of whats going on around him.

Also, if yer taking your weans to the football then I think s/he has heard worse than someone saying 'Paedophile'

Why would ye not want to explain what a paedophile is to your child?

Yer weans going to find out what it is one day, and its your responsibility as a parent to make sure your weans aware of whats going on around him.

Also, if yer taking your weans to the football then I think s/he has heard worse than someone saying 'Paedophile'

It doesn't alter the fact that the chanting was ill advised and inappropriate, and not worthy of a 'Well support.

i have briefly xplained to my 12yr old wot a paedo is but wot he doesnt get is why it is getting sung to MMG, after all MMG has kids of his own. how would the people who sung that song/chant on saturday feel if their kids or family members heard this type of song being sung about them. Thats wot people on here are trying to tell these thick f***s but after all these people have now had our club splashed across papers and also on fooychat on the teletext i hope you are happy with yourselves our club is in the press again for all the wrong reasons.

it's time this thread got sent to the HOTD its starting to get a bit out of line to call some1 a paedo isnt nice and after all a lot of us 'Well fans take our kids to Motherwell games and i for one do not want to explaine to my child what a paedo is.

It really is as simple as that.

It's not as if they are pressing charges against McGhee for touching up their weans :(

It was a bunch of 'thick fucks' singing a song at a football match.

Obviously no one truly believes that he touches weans!

It was just a section of support doing all they could to wind up McGhee, and aye, they have wound up the majority of our support too, but I really cant see why.

I don't think this debate is going anywhere, so I think it should just be swept under the carpet and brought back up after the 'Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles' chant the next time the Mhankies are in town.

:)

Me and the wife went to the game yesterday and thought the chanting was not only really childish it also dragged our club through the gutter. It's always the same bunch who seem to get us into this mess. Pathetic stuff and just a bit sad. I mean why not use the word poof or bawbag, why go downthe road of peado? You all know who you are and all the Internet bravado is mind numbing pish.

No one is talking about the game or how well Jim Gannon is doing it's all about McGhee and it's beginning to piss the huge majority of fans right off.

Dreadful gay bashing, I know McGhee lives in Brighton but no need to tar the homosexual community by comparing them to McGhee. :(