Mcghee The Patroniser

Albie

Have we got previous with this guy Dave? Don't read the Sun much these days. Pity you're not going today by the way :thumbup:

I suppose we have Colin. He's always covered Aberdeen games for the BBC

and many of his commentaries of our games at Pittodrie have been cringeworthy to say the least. We certainly don't get an informed and unbiased account of games there. I don't know why the BBC can't give us informed and unbiased commentaries. Its a national radio station after all.

JWTL is keeping me updated via text! Enjoy your away day.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His first season I will always be thankful to him for but even during then his conduct was far from pleasing, If Scotland had wanted him, Uncle Phil passing or not,he`d have been off like a shot, he was even in an airport departure lounge on way to meet Mad Vlad when he had a change of heart (read double your contract offer!), season 2 and the Nancy game,Hamilton x 2, Killie,St Midden x 2 all were monumental fuck ups where he was showing his "tactical nous" :thumbup: . He got us to 3rd by severely increasing our wage bill to over 70% of the clubs turnover, brought in a constant stream of loanees who did nothing when he could/should have been developing our own young guys. he wrecked Murphys confidence, played Saunders for 3 games where he was superb before dumping him for his golden boy and never giving him a chance again, and eventually left us with a squad of 10-12 full time professionals, If thats a club he has a "Special Bond" with Id hate to see him in charge of a club where he doesnt give a fuck!! :P

His first season I will always be thankful to him for but even during then his conduct was far from pleasing, If Scotland had wanted him, Uncle Phil passing or not,he`d have been off like a shot, he was even in an airport departure lounge on way to meet Mad Vlad when he had a change of heart (read double your contract offer!), season 2 and the Nancy game,Hamilton x 2, Killie,St Midden x 2 all were monumental fuck ups where he was showing his "tactical nous" :thumbup: . He got us to 3rd by severely increasing our wage bill to over 70% of the clubs turnover, brought in a constant stream of loanees who did nothing when he could/should have been developing our own young guys. he wrecked Murphys confidence, played Saunders for 3 games where he was superb before dumping him for his golden boy and never giving him a chance again, and eventually left us with a squad of 10-12 full time professionals, If thats a club he has a "Special Bond" with Id hate to see him in charge of a club where he doesnt give a fuck!! B-)

10/10 mate nail on the head! Mans an arse and I hope tonight we are heading down the road with the 3 points. Me myself and I.......... Tosser!

Wee tip SkidMark it's the quiet ones you have to look out for, In JG we trust :D

All,

Like some of the others I felt he took the club forward and he did handle the O'Donnell situation excellently.

However, he's now inferring that he was offered the Scotland job; this from the BBC preview.

"I could have left a year ago twice. I could have tried a bit harder and walked out on Motherwell and got the Scotland job and I could have left and gone to Hearts, which was a fantastic job at the time."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8226515.stm

What planet is this fucker on? :thumbup:

I could try a bit harder with my guitar playing/songwriting I and could replace Noel in Oasis for the remaining gigs of the tour.....

If he thought that the Hearts job was "fantastic" he should have left. Personally I think he bottled it as all the recent predecessors got frustrated with the interference from Vlad.

RIGHT, LET'S PUMP THEM SHEEP THIS AFTERNOON. B-)

Jim Leighton on the radio just now talking about how McGhee & Leitch should have sacked him at the start of the season, but they've left it til after two games into the season and now he'll struggle big time to get another job.

McGhee's a fucking c**t of the highest order.

B.B.C. Interview there, he's not pleased at all.. Said it was personal abuse he doesn't deserve and he's hurt and offended with it... Said he's a lot of affection for Motherwell and the supporters won't change that, now there's a surprise, doesn't care what we think, if memory serves me correct, so why worry now... Anyway he's away for dinner with John Boyle....

See, if he had not behaved like a cheap whore during his last 12 months or so at Fir Park he would never have received ANY abuse at all. Had McGhee came and said he'd be leaving after two yeras in the job no matter what, that would've been fine. Instead, he quite literally shows no respect at all for the fans or the club. He allows the squad to become decimated by concentrating totally on himself and his own future and we were left with a squad which contained very few experienced players.

See, if he had not behaved like a cheap whore during his last 12 months or so at Fir Park he would never have received ANY abuse at all. Had McGhee came and said he'd be leaving after two yeras in the job no matter what, that would've been fine. Instead, he quite literally shows no respect at all for the fans or the club. He allows the squad to become decimated by concentrating totally on himself and his own future and we were left with a squad which contained very few experienced players.

Absolutely, he didn't conduct himself atall well last season and did everything but say that he couldn't wait to leave the club and he does deserve abuse for that from Motherwell fans. However to chant about him being a Paedophile? That's just downright stupid.

McGhee Disgusted.

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee slammed the Motherwell supporters who jeered him throughout his first match against the Steelmen since leaving the Fir Park club in the summer.

A large section of the travelling support aimed a torrent of abuse at McGhee during a dull 0-0 draw at Pittodrie.

McGhee said: "I thought some of it was pretty disgusting. I think it was totally out of order.

"I don't think I did anything to deserve abuse like that. I think it is a joke to be honest and I would like to think it is not the majority of the Motherwell supporters who feel like that.

"I'm quite proud of what I achieved at Motherwell and I have a great deal of feeling for the club as a whole. I had two great years there so what that is all about I couldn't quite work out."

McGhee admitted he was bracing himself for a hostile reaction from the Motherwell support after his move to Pittodrie but added: "I thought it would be a bit more humorous than that. I don't mind them calling me fat but the other stuff they were calling me was out of order."

Just back from game and have to say that I was embarassed to be a Well fan today.

Undoubtedly there was always going to be 'abuse' directed at Mr McGhee, however the content was absolutely disgusting and not what a club like ours should ever be associated with.

We lowered ourselves as a club today - shocking!

If it was only a few, and I imagine it was, then I sincerely hope that the club as a whole aren't hammered for this. If McGhee wants to, I imagine he could make something of this.

If it was only a few, and I imagine it was, then I sincerely hope that the club as a whole aren't hammered for this. If McGhee wants to, I imagine he could make something of this.

Doesn't look like it was just a few.

A large section of the travelling support aimed a torrent of abuse at McGhee during a dull 0-0 draw at Pittodrie.

Honestly , Motherwell "fans" never cease to amaze me ..to hurl the abuse that went on today at a guy who did wonders for the club under the circumstances he was left with , is just downright sick .

What the hell do people expect from managers ..the guy stayed for 2 years, when he could have left after the 1st year ..got us into Europe 2 years in a trot , playing some great football at times , and thats the thanks he gets ..makes you ashamed to be part of this club at times ..really does .

All I can say to the small minority today is ..get a life .

Makes you embarrassed when you hear the likes of the Kop at Liverpool who always give a great reception to former players , managers etc when they return ..but then again this is Motherwell !!

God knows what John Boyle though about it having to sit down with him for a meal tonight ..