Mcghee The Patroniser

Albie

McGhee said: "Gannon deserves a lot of credit. I I felt he had the hardest job out of all of the managers because this summer and last season Motherwell lost Paul Quinn, David Clarkson, Stephen Hughes, Maros Klimpl, Graeme Smith, Ross McCormack and Chris Porter.

What about Big Boab? :(

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is a fuckwit pure and simple why are people defending him?he is trying to take credit for Motherwell's finances. He has an ego the size of ma boaby :( . He never had faith in Forbes, Slane and Hutchison. Nothing wrong with not playing him but does that not raise questions over his judgement? I am sure it does and feel his judment is utter pish.

we got a bit of money from porter who he brought in for free and the sales of clarkson and quinn who came on loads playing under him. he's clearly due some credit for that.

he's admitted he's underestimated forbes but to be honest i doubt anyone expected him to do as well as he has. it's up to ross to maintain those standards now and prove he is as good as we think he is.

it's just stupid to say he ignored slane and hutchison, they're 17 and 18 and both got shots in the first team last season. even faddy wasn't playing week in week out at 17.

we got a bit of money from porter who he brought in for free and the sales of clarkson and quinn who came on loads playing under him. he's clearly due some credit for that.

he's admitted he's underestimated forbes but to be honest i doubt anyone expected him to do as well as he has. it's up to ross to maintain those standards now and prove he is as good as we think he is.

it's just stupid to say he ignored slane and hutchison, they're 17 and 18 and both got shots in the first team last season. even faddy wasn't playing week in week out at 17.

McGhee saw the boys in training. He ignored all 3 of them because his judment is pish. Are u trying to tell me these boys only became decent players in the last few months? Theymust have shown some promise under McGhee. In addition , what the hell has age got to do with anything ? Wayne Rooney was 16 when he made his impact.

I think it's a bit of revisionism to say that a manager who took us to 3rd and 7th is completely clueless. Yes, he made various tactical mistakes along the way, and off the field, some of his words and actions smacked of ego-driven stupidity. However, he didn't suddenly lose all of his mental faculties the day he walked out the door at Fir Park. We have a new manager who likes to play the youngsters, but there are plenty of well-respected bosses who prefer to wait a year or two before they introduce kids into the team.

McGhee isn't an idiot (on the field) and you can guarantee he will be looking to take advantage of our defensive uncertainties tomorrow. We will need a good performance to take all the points.

McGhee saw the boys in training. He ignored all 3 of them because his judment is pish. Are u trying to tell me these boys only became decent players in the last few months? Theymust have shown some promise under McGhee. In addition , what the hell has age got to do with anything ? Wayne Rooney was 16 when he made his impact.

age must have something to with it or every team would have 16 and 17 year old in them. it's very much the exception rather than the rule.

mcghee saw enough in slane to take him to austria last season, play him in the friendlies and give him his debut against accies. hutchison also got his debut against accies, he didn't get a look in before but our defence was rock solid after xmas.

i started a thread on the final day of the season slating mcghee for not giving youth a chance that day and got ripped for it off certain posters on here. mcghee jumped ship as he knew all the senior players were leaving and he wasn't up to putting in the hard work of rebuilding the team. he has a few arsehole qualities about him but it wasn't long ago people were singing his name, his time at motherwell was overwhemingly positive but some people can't seem to accept that which is basically bitter and pathetic.

I think it's a bit of revisionism to say that a manager who took us to 3rd and 7th is completely clueless. Yes, he made various tactical mistakes along the way, and off the field, some of his words and actions smacked of ego-driven stupidity. However, he didn't suddenly lose all of his mental faculties the day he walked out the door at Fir Park. We have a new manager who likes to play the youngsters, but there are plenty of well-respected bosses who prefer to wait a year or two before they introduce kids into the team.

McGhee isn't an idiot (on the field) and you can guarantee he will be looking to take advantage of our defensive uncertainties tomorrow. We will need a good performance to take all the points.

I refer you to my last post and obviously my views are revisionist. Anyone who changes their opinion on someone or something is revisionist. What is wrong with that? This happens in all walks of life at first you like someone and then you dislike someone. I changed my opinion on McGhee after the St Mirren game when we failed to qualify for the top six. He played SIX defenders in a game that we needed to win. He was CLUELESS! Even after that we had 5 meaningless games when we couldn't finish worse than 7th and he still didn't play Forbes, Slane and Hutchison and why is that? Because he is a wank!

age must have something to with it or every team would have 16 and 17 year old in them. it's very much the exception rather than the rule.

mcghee saw enough in slane to take him to austria last season, play him in the friendlies and give him his debut against accies. hutchison also got his debut against accies, he didn't get a look in before but our defence was rock solid after xmas.

i started a thread on the final day of the season slating mcghee for not giving youth a chance that day and got ripped for it off certain posters on here. mcghee jumped ship as he knew all the senior players were leaving and he wasn't up to putting in the hard work of rebuilding the team. he has a few arsehole qualities about him but it wasn't long ago people were singing his name, his time at motherwell was overwhemingly positive but some people can't seem to accept that which is basically bitter and pathetic.

I wasn't on the forum then or I would have supported you. McGhee's first year was positive , that I am not disputing. If I did disupte it I would be an utter fool, however his second season was anything but positive. He stumbled from one tactical nightmare to another which came to a head with his decision to play 6 defenders against St Mirren when we failed to qualify for the top six.

Paul Slane was first in the pre season sprint last year thats why he was in austria with the first team ! read it in a interview with the man himself

I've seen a few people say they love the style of Gannon's interviews and I do too but I must admit I enjoyed McGhee's interviews also.

The big long seven/eight minute interviews you got on the BBC website were always especially good viewing but it wasn't uncommon for him to talk about the opposition in a not dissimilar style to how he's addressed us of late. I loved his apparent confidence and belief in our team but was sometimes a little edgey when it came to talking about the opposition.

A couple of his quotes though from one interview in his reign at MFC

I try to use the reverse psychology Sir Alex did.
You are always looking for a trick or hook to give the players.

It illustrates that he's more than conscious of the potential impact of his words be it attempting to inspire his own players or subtly get into the minds of the opposition.

Forbes for example reads the "He's done better than I thought" line and thinks right I'll really show him and as easily as he goes out and plays a blinder to show him, gets caught up in trying to prove him how good he is and loses his focus.

All things considered McGhee is yesterday's man, his opinions now count for absolutely nothing when it comes to Motherwell and as such thoughts are best ignored.

Was obviously not as close to things as the local fans, and indeed may therefore be short of insider info, but I always liked Mark McGhee. Even as a player at Aberdeen, and the Filtheez I had an admiration and respect for the man and the way in which he conducted himself.

I thought he did a sterling job at the Ark, especially in his 1st season amidst the tragic circumstances of Uncle Phil's death and onto our qualification for Europe.

Last season, it is obvious he switched off in the last 6 months and I am uneasy about that. If he tried to offload a few young prospects to the Tims then I'm obviously very very very unhappy ............... so tomorrow the Big-Man will BOOOOOO McGhee :nod:

Last season, it is obvious he switched off in the last 6 months and I am uneasy about that. If he tried to offload a few young prospects to the Tims then I'm obviously very very very unhappy ............... so tomorrow the Big-Man will BOOOOOO McGhee :nod:

Hey big man, give him an extra big booooooooooooo fae me.

Have to say im not a McGee hater but i honestly think we've got a better man in JG. Muttely was flapping last season and he really isn't as good a manager as he thinks he is. I do find it hilarious that he's moved to a'bigger' club that cannae sign anyone. :nod: . Think he'll get to his beloved Smelltic once they sack Mobray. Do i care? :D .

Simple

The way he whored himself to any prospective club and his utter shambles of the St midden game. MMG for every 10 good things you do it only takes 1 terrible judgement to undo it and lets face it you rode youre luck jumped ship and left us worse off than when you came in, ok we finished off better than under Maurice flop pass but what a fookin rebuild has had to be done cause of youre sell sell sell but not buy buy buy. To take credit for selling players is truly pathetic if you signed one and we sold him for millions then fair enough, but you didnt so fuk off you got us 3rd and credit to you for that but that's all.

"I just didn't have the desire to rebuild a team at Motherwell again. It was better for them, and me, if I made a fresh start somewhere else."

This was the club that be says he has a special bond with :rolleyes:

Lost count of the number of times he refers to himself in that article. Incredible ego the man has.

Cannot understand though his comment about not having the desire to build a new team at Motherwell. How many times has Sir Alex built a new team at Old Trafford - or closer to home, how often did Tommy McLean do it? That's why Muttley will never be a top manager.

Stuart.

There he goes again.

Yes, how he conducted himself with Uncle Phil was fantastic but he is still is effectively a one season wonder prepared to jump ship with the first better paying job that came along.

All the "me's", "I's" and all the pish he seems to take full credit for are why I don't rate him. There is no "I" in team.

As previously stated it was he who has left us with no "big" players, and did nothing to rectify the situation.

I wouldn't like to think he did this to make his time with the sheep easy at the 'Ark

Get it up ye. C'mon the 'well

There he goe's again.

Yes, how he conducted himself with Uncle Phil was fantastic but he is still is effectively a one season wonder prepared to jump ship with the first better paying job that came along.

All the "me's", "I's" and all the pish he seems to take full credit for are why I don't rate him. There is no "I" in team.

As previously stated it was he who has left us with no "big" players, and did nothing to rectify the situation.

I wouldn't like to think he did this to make his time with the sheep easy at the 'Ark

Get it up ye. C'mon the 'well

Lost count of the number of times he refers to himself in that article. Incredible ego the man has.

Cannot understand though his comment about not having the desire to build a new team at Motherwell. How many times has Sir Alex built a new team at Old Trafford - or closer to home, how often did Tommy McLean do it? That's why Muttley will never be a top manager.

Stuart.

Good point. Wonder where Sir Alex Ferguson, sorry Alex Ferguson would be if had adopted that attitude??

Said it before but MM had a great first season, dealt very well with the Phil O'Donnell tragedy and brought in Chris Porter. Otherwise he left an absolute shambles behind cos he wasn't the least bit interested in sorting our players with contract extensions as he knew he was going. He then, for some unfathomable reason, seeks credit for selling Clarkson, Quinn etc. Hero to fud in 12 months.