Dear Mr Gannon......

Well73

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: As for St J's yeah we were pish for 45 minutes, but surely the fact that Gannon changed it is something very refreshing compared to many previous managers. Even under McGhee, we were always a plan A team. With Gannon it seems we have a plan a, b, c and a d if things are not working.

that's true but i'll be happier when i see us go out, put our best team in the most effective formation and stick with it. i thought after the killie game that would happen but the we end up with a mental team selection up at aberdeen and playing the formation that we had been pish with in the previous two games rather than the one that had worked really well.

you want a manager to set out a team which gets the best out of his resources. for me both away games were there to be won as st johnstone aren't all that great and this is the worst aberdeen team in years and the fact that we didn't win them has been due to all the tinkering. apart from the old firm there isn't very much in this league to worry about and gannon should be concerned with sending out his strongest side and giving them 90 minutes to win the game. as much as he has done very well he definitely didn't do that at perth or aberdeen. he's a young manager and it's a learning curve for him, things are going well but they aren't perfect.

I think its still very early to be overly gushing in our praise and I've never been quite comfortable with the "In XXXXX we trust line" but by the same token I think he's entitled to a wee bit more credit than you are perhaps affording him above.

To me the fact we've come through two very awkward away games undefeated and enjoyed a comfortable win against a team we've had a fair degree of difficulty in overcoming in recent times - at a time when a new team is still bedding in, when the manager is facing these teams for the first time and when there's been an element of tweaking involved is pretty good going.

How's he going to get anywhere close to perfection if he doesn't experiment - particularly in these early days. He's not going to know for example if we have it in us to be able to go 4-5-1 to kill a game as against Killie as you've said elsewhere in the thread or whether certain players are able to adapt to different roles.

Clearly we won't to progress as much as we can and do as well as can but I think if as he suggests he is looking at medium-long term strategies at the club then there will be games or at least periods of games that in effect might have to be written off for experimentation purposes if we are to be stronger and better placed further down the line.

when you see us play at perth and we're totally rotten for 45 minutes and then 100 times better when we change the shape you have to ask why we didn't start like that. against aberdeen we had a weird team selection and subs and although we played well for the first 70 we never looked scoring. it's early days though and hopefully we'll start to see a bit more consistency soon.

With a new manager, a new team, away to a newly promoted side in a league our new manager has never been part of?

Probably for the same reasons we lost our first leg's in Europe to Llanelli and Flamurtari. This time JG turned the game after watching for 45 minutes. I'd say that's to be commended rather than frowned upon.

The thing i think we are forgetting is that Jim Gannon has been here for less than 3 months and its quite obvious he knows how to turn things round if they arent working. I have full faith we will improve week on week with this man at the helm.

Although the SPL season is only 3 games old its becoming clear that Jim Gannon is a deep thinker about the game and an excellent tactician. He's not afraid to make changes early in a match if he thinks the game warrants it. We now have a pretty strong squad and it seems as if he's a firm believer in squad rotation. Some players are suited to a particular type of game others not - so he'll switch things around. Its going to be very hard predicting his team line up and tactics. :rolleyes:

Afraid i have a longer memory than 3 months fuk Boyle and i wont even bother with a Tin hat. He wants to maximise his asset for selling on and fair play as that's business and im not going to kiss his arse over it i remember too many fuk ups remember he promised us a new pitch not this season but the one before?

One swallow hardly makes a summer.

But in Gannon i have huge faith (although i hear frequently the dressing room ain't happy) however if he keeps delivering as he has done up till now he will always get my support as hes OUR manager, But glory to Boyle FUK OFF who took us to our lowest depths ever and praise him for getting us out of it. :rolleyes:

I think not NO MEANS NO even if he had a change of heart,......... not because of the fans but................ because his beloved Celtic couldn't fill the Cooper.

Fire away as is my view not a popular one just now as we are doing well but, i have a long memory. Fuk off Boyle

Boyle is a bit of an eccentric guy - he has got loads of things wrong in his time as Motherwell chairman (and would be the first to admit it) however my praise for him is that he learn from them and we are a better team because of it.

Gannon has started well but it is no more than that - though I think we are going to have a fun season.

Afraid i have a longer memory than 3 months fuk Boyle and i wont even bother with a Tin hat. He wants to maximise his asset for selling on and fair play as that's business and im not going to kiss his arse over it i remember too many fuk ups remember he promised us a new pitch not this season but the one before?

But in Gannon i have huge faith (although i hear frequently the dressing room ain't happy) however if he keeps delivering as he has done up till now he will always get my support as hes OUR manager, But glory to Boyle FUK OFF who took us to our lowest depths ever and praise him for getting us out of it. :rolleyes:

I think not NO MEANS NO even if he had a change of heart,......... not because of the fans but................ because his beloved Celtic couldn't fill the Cooper.

Fire away as is my view not a popular one just now as we are doing well but, i have a long memory. Fuk off Boyle

Ah your back?

I thought you were away finding yourself.

I'm neither pro nor anti Boyle, but furfuxake gie the man a break !!

the man has made mistakes, learnt from them , and I would assume never make them again.

thats life ! suck it up

I take it that you have never in your life made a mistake, and have always managed to please everyone all of the time ??

thought not <_<

Boyle is a bit of an eccentric guy - he has got loads of things wrong in his time as Motherwell chairman (and would be the first to admit it) however my praise for him is that he learn from them and we are a better team because of it.

Gannon has started well but it is no more than that - though I think we are going to have a fun season.

Bang on with that post.

To me, Mr Boyle has been badly advised by 'football' people previously. We have lived to tell the tale, his decison making over the last few seasons has been somewhat outside the box and credit to him for that. There will always be room for improvement which I'm sure he'll appreciate also.

I'd expect the unexpected, it's working the noo. :rolleyes:

Got to agree with the Gannon comments, such a breath of fresh air and exactly what Motherwell Football Club needed after the farcical season just past with a manager looking to jump ship and not much effort to build for the future. Jimbo has had a massive job at the start and come through it superbly

I hope Boyle has learned from his mistakes, for me there is still a lot of bridge building to be done between him and the fans, but he is getting there with the help of Leanne Dempster, never should a chairman try to maximise profit at the expense of his own fans, that will stick in my throat for some time, but we move on and what is happening at Motherwell is fantastic at the moment. Long may it continue

Fair play to Boyle he has done more right than wrong lately. But he has such a stain on his record that the day I praise him will be the day he has moved on from the club and if on that day we are in a better position than when he arrived I'll quite happily say well done and concentrate more on the positives.

As it is I'll enjoy things whilst they look good but until he rides of into the sunset I will forever be suspicious of him, not least that he maybe sees a buck to be made selling Fir Park one day while we get papped off into a rented breezeblock one considerable asset down on the day he arrived.

I admit Boyle has made mistakes, however I think he has done a great job lately. Sometimes you are better with the devil you know. As for Gannon, a fantastic start so far keep it up. As for his constant tinkering from the team, well we werewarned about that from the Stockport fans who came on and gave him a stunningly positive reference.

A stain on his record! Are you serious? He came in and spent in excess of £7m of his own money. Anyone who does that should be forever praised and not criticised. He was prepared to invest his personal money in order to improve the team and the club as a whole. What more do you want?

Do we seriously have to go through this again? He made a rip roaring c**t of it. The vast majority of the debt that took us into administration was owed to him, he put us through that for what exactly? He never wrote it all off and last few sets of accounts showed we were still paying him off for a loan of about a million quid he didn't write off. If I'm off on the amounts I don't have the figures to hand anymore but he dragged us through the mud because he authorised spending money we didn't have and he decided after that fact he didn't want to back it up anymore.

add on things like the Cooper fiasco and he hardly in the running for best chairman ever. Yeah if he was a total bastard he could have pulled the plug completely but who doesn't at least suspect he made a decision that via administration he could eventually recoup more of his money back after getting us on an even keel? I not having any of this wonderful guy pish until he puts the lid on his time here and has moved on and then we can judge his legacy.

after the summer transfer window closing and all the players coming in the best one for me out of them all has to be jim gannon and a massive respect to john boyle for taking the time to bring him in the future looks really bright and here's to great season and a good cup run which will help jim with a summer revoulution next year a massive well done to all involved for bringing jim gannon here to many years of success :thumbup::notworthy:

Yes, that right, lets get rid of John Boyle and get a Vladimir Romanov type figure in! I work beside jambos and they are just waiting for the day when he walks out on Hearts and they are left with nothing.

John Boyle put his own money into the club. We were left with no huge debt unlike other clubs. He had to put us into administration because the expenses were spiralling out of control thanks to a certain Mr Nevin.

Don't forget he paid for Porter and Hughes out of his own pocket and no doubt has put his money into the club in other ways which we are unaware of.

I really can't understand people who criticise John Boyle because he is a Motherwell supporter and has the best interest of the club at heart. If we were to mount a concentrated campaign to oust him god help us!

Yes, that right, lets get rid of John Boyle and get a Vladimir Romanov type figure in! I work beside jambos and they are just waiting for the day when he walks out on Hearts and they are left with nothing.

John Boyle put his own money into the club. We were left with no huge debt unlike other clubs. He had to put us into administration because the expenses were spiralling out of control thanks to a certain Mr Nevin.

Don't forget he paid for Porter and Hughes out of his own pocket and no doubt has put his money into the club in other ways which we are unaware of.

I really can't understand people who criticise John Boyle because he is a Motherwell supporter and has the best interest of the club at heart. If we were to mount a concentrated campaign to oust him god help us!

I managed to miss that in my post but well spotted!