Motherwell V Rangers

garymurdoch

any idea where that puts hammell on the all time list. the motherwell.net site has him as 12th in terms of post war league appearances, if hammell is keen to stay and can prove his worth to gannon then third all time is very possible for him. i'd have him in tamden with reynolds on the left to combat davis and whittaker and concentrate on attacking down the right with the new frenchie and o'brien.

....................ruddy

moutatoukill hutchison craigan reynolds

o'brien coke hateley forbes hammell

...................sutton

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just double checking but i take it you can pay at the gate for this game?

doubt it. you usually need to go in and buy a ticket and give your details.

checked the official site you definitely need a ticket. it doesn't say when they're on sale til though. 01698 333 333 is the number to call

3-1 motherwell

Craigan hatrick and boydy penalty.

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, mate. I'd love to see a Motherwell victory against a bigot brother but I think not. It's a very young 'Well side that is only just learning to play together; hardly what you want against the Old Firm. 3-0 Rangers but hoping to be proved badly wrong.

While years of painful experience have taught me that Rangers generally get the best of us even when they don't deserve it, and as such I anticipate and dread these games in equal measure, I do have a question here...

Where has this talk of Rangers' impressive "form" come from? They've gubbed Accies and Falkirk at Ibrox, both clubs who look like they'll be seriously struggling at the bottom end of the table. They won at Tynecastle with the usual last minute penalty (albeit with ten men, but against a Hearts team without a centre forward worthy of the name). Impressive form? Really...?

Yes, they might be better than us, and they might hand us our arses on a plate on Saturday, but it's probably better not to think we're beaten even before we start. I've seen us beat a better Rangers team than this one with Miko Kaven in goals for us. I'm not asking for blind optimism, but a bit of belief would be nice here, people...

Melvin,

That looks like your 1000th post and I have to say that I agree with you on this.

I honestly expect either 1-1 or 2-2 on Saturday. 

I'd go

Ruddy

Moutaouakil----------Hutch-----Reynolds--------Hammell

Coke-------Hateley------Forbes-----J'OB

Sutton------Jutkiewicz

Subs: Kosi/Craigan/Saunders/Jennings/Murphy/Slane (if fit)/McGarry/Lasley (if Slane not fit)

Craigan dropped due to two tough international games in 5 days. (No one sacred under Gannon etc).

Go over to FPC (Can't be arsed linking) and read the article about the upsetting of the odds on Saturday and look at the Motherwell team listed who beat the Rangers team listed and tell me should we have been close? We were playing David Partridge, David Cowan against Ronald de Boer and Claudio Canniggia. THe gulf in ability that day to this has narrowed. They still have better players than us but there is no reason we cannot get something and another thing, Kenny Miller, Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith have just spent the best part of 90 minutes chasing a ball around that for all Scotland did well I dread to think the possession stats, there is a reasonable chance they will be Jimmy Rucked on Saturday and the early lunchtime k/o can only help us. We need to believe, we need to make noises like we believe much like at Hampden tonight and get right behind them. It may not be enough but I always see this as a free game as our equals and us tend not to get much off them so if we do we can steel a march on them. Having not seen us since Perth I cannot wait for Saturday now.

Go over to FPC (Can't be arsed linking) and read the article about the upsetting of the odds on Saturday and look at the Motherwell team listed who beat the Rangers team listed and tell me should we have been close? We were playing David Partridge, David Cowan against Ronald de Boer and Claudio Canniggia. THe gulf in ability that day to this has narrowed. They still have better players than us but there is no reason we cannot get something and another thing, Kenny Miller, Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith have just spent the best part of 90 minutes chasing a ball around that for all Scotland did well I dread to think the possession stats, there is a reasonable chance they will be Jimmy Rucked on Saturday and the early lunchtime k/o can only help us. We need to believe, we need to make noises like we believe much like at Hampden tonight and get right behind them. It may not be enough but I always see this as a free game as our equals and us tend not to get much off them so if we do we can steel a march on them. Having not seen us since Perth I cannot wait for Saturday now.

Totally agree. I've alraedy dropped Craigan for the same reason- two international games in 5 days. Must be the best time to meet the hvn- at home just after competitive internationals.

Moan the 'Well. :lol:  

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, mate. I'd love to see a Motherwell victory against a bigot brother but I think not. It's a very young 'Well side that is only just learning to play together; hardly what you want against the Old Firm. 3-0 Rangers but hoping to be proved badly wrong.

Whatever...... I hope manure get fucked by whoever is playing them in the bestest league in the world ever, it really is so good that it'e better than liga etc. However, I do not feel the need to go to a manure fansite to say it.

Ps - my sister's mother's cousin's dog's burd is a manure fan, so there!

Whatever...... I hope manure get fucked by whoever is playing them in the bestest league in the world ever, it really is so good that it'e better than liga etc. However, I do not feel the need to go to a manure fansite to say it.

Ps - my sister's mother's cousin's dog's burd is a manure fan, so there!

Spurs away, Saturday 5.15 on espn.

What do you want me to do, lie for the sake of it ?

I hope for a Motherwell win :lol:

Not noticed any hostility to Traffic on other threads, just thought his/her post was not relevant, given he/she isn't a motherwell fan.

Not sure that if I joined a manure site and predicted that they would get beaten it would go down that well? Sometimes people ought not to post in threads that are not relevant to them imo. There is an 'other football' thread in the general football section for that.

No offence meant trafficlight, and I'm sure you will note that I have had no beef with you before.

I have noticed the hostility towards him, and I think that it's pretty pathetic.

We're not a club that can disregard any fan, be it home or away. I've seen Haggis and weeyin get it in the neck aswell, for no apparent reason. Bunch a jumped up shitebags who dish it if you ask me.

All are entitled to have their say, regardless of the message, and, whilst I hope I am wrong, I predict an easy Rangers win on Saturday which, even if I am right , has no bearing on what happens to Manchester united in London. 'Well fan should know that.

Mon the Steelmen and the Red Devils, as always

It's a funny old game. With funny old results. How often have we gone into a game as hot favourites and fell on our arse, it can happen to anyone and that applies to the visitors on Saturday. We are playing good enough football to cause them plenty of problems. Almost seven years since we beat them, long, long overdue as well. Aye, course we can beat them. Any team is beatable.