The Cooper Stand

HanoMaSano

Just a shame that did not happen.................

I am on record as saying I did not agree with giving the Cooper over to the Old firm, but I am afraid today illustrated exactly why it was in the first place!

You would be lucky if there were 4-500 Well fans in the Cooper today. Whilst the 1500+ Well fans in the POD Stand had the great unwashed on either flank.

Maybe not popular comments but again I thought our support was POOR today. This Well side are showing a lot of promise and quite frankly deserve a better support. Those that were there were excellent. I know the costs are expensive - all I am saying is that it is a shame that we could not at least fill the East Stand.

I agree, the lack of support in the East and Cooper stands was an embarrassment.Even the Rangers corporate guest are obnoxious and gave me grief for cheering on the well.

On the plus side I thought that was some of the best football I have seen in a long time from us but we could do with a more cutting edge up front.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if this has been mentioned in the other similar sounding post but the crowd in the cooper stand was pathetic today they moaned and groaned to get there stand back and then they dont even TURN UP!!!!!!!! you are a discrace!!!!!

Who in particular?

Some people need to get a reality check.

I am a Cooper ST holder and the people around me today were those that I see at every game. These are the people that would probably have been the most vocal against giving it up to the OF. These are the punters who had to move. They were at the game today.

From my point of view, the argument against giving up the cooper did not centre around some fantasy that it would be filled by 'Well fans, unfortunately, that's never going to be the case unless it's for one-off big games like Nancy. It was all about the people who are there every week in that stand. The people who bought ST's or paid at the gate because that's where they want to sit.

How many on here could not get a ticket for OF games when we gave them the Cooper? The reality is that no 'Well fans were denied a ticket. It's not about getting extra capacity for us to fill, it's about letting the Cooper punters sit there every game.

I'm sure that all of us would love FP to be a sell out every week, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Our support was embarrasing today, must have lost the club thousands just for the cooper to hold5/700 well fans!

I was in the main(pod) as a treat, was shocked at how thw the coop & east looked bare

I was in the cooper today and loved the fact it was smell free and long may it continue.

Come on ye Well

Glad I was able to sit in the Cooper today against the scum. Even if we didn't fill it, it's hardly as though any Rangers fan who wanted to attend couldn't, as they didn't sell out their allocation.

Oh aye, and after the comments and songs I heard whilst walking up to Fir Park today about Phil O'Donnell from a group of so-called Rangers supporters, I'd fuck them out the Phil O'Donnell Stand the next time they come to Fir Park and just give them the South Stand. Pure and utter scum!

must be losing money tho!

How did they lose money when the H U N S coudn't sell out their allocation for the O'Donnell stand?

The reason we wanted the Cooper back was not to fill it at the Old Firm games. It was to stop those manky fucks from entering it. Giving the Cooper to them today would have had no effect on the attendance.

Oh aye, and after the comments and songs I heard whilst walking up to Fir Park today about Phil O'Donnell from a group of so-called Rangers supporters, I'd fuck them out the Phil O'Donnell Stand the next time they come to Fir Park and just give them the South Stand. Pure and utter scum!

Aye fecking disgusting songs indeed. Scum.

Because then we can't fleece the fuck out of 5000 orange bastards under the 'similar stand/view' clause. If we want to rob them of £25 in the south then it has to be £25 in the cooper stand.

And btw, for what it is worth I am happy to have a few hundred 'overspill' in the main. It is traditional for anyone's main stand to be used by neuatrals/away fans anyway and not like it is a traditional 'home end'. There is less of a problem coming onto Fir Park street with a few hundred than 2000 of them meeting 3000 East Stand fans on Knowetop.

Anyway, intae theese bawbags tommorow!!!

Think you need to take it easy on the sectarianism ! if you want to shout about orange bastards fuck off to parkhead !Edit same goes for the other lot in case i get accused

Against the Old Firm we should giive them the East and South Stand,(Directing the buns up leaving away from the Cooper at FT)

The POD (Everybody stamping there feet aka 70's) and Cooper for us.

Creating a better atmosphere and finnancial gain for us !

Signed

Mrs Boyle

.............(Now putting on my Tin hat and body armour! :lol: )

But that would jus be playing musical chairs. The crowd would still have been the same. No amount of changing stand is going to increase crowds. We need other ideas. Hopefully the football we played today will work.

It would mean POD would be Well Fans only and hopefully the Cooper and POD would be full off Well fans, unlike today where the Cooper was empty and the East was half full.

I agree that in todays financial climate football aint the best product/value for money, but bums on seats will keep the club alive.

Possibly segregating the ground half in half would maybe encourage a safer Well fan enviorment,creatin a better atmosphere and drown out the vile Mauld Firm.

Just my thoughts........went through the bad old days standing the wrong side of the fence then getting moved to the South enclosure for saftey reasons when the bigot brothers turned up !

Our support was embarrasing today, must have lost the club thousands just for the cooper to hold5/700 well fans!

I was in the main(pod) as a treat, was shocked at how thw the coop & east looked bare

I'd love to see the calculator you are using?? How have the club lost thousands?? Every Rangers fan that wanted to go, went. And the paid £25 for it too. There were even SPARE seats in their Main Stand allocation. All this and we keep our fans happy by not giving up a traditional home end.

Finally, the crowd was exactly the same as when we gave them the Cooper!