The Cooper Stand

HanoMaSano

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't now be subjected to their behaviour, which generally left a bad taste in the mouth, but pity those that sit in the main stand that will again. I imagine they won't be as supportive of the decision to return the Cooper to home fans and that side of the main stand to visiting supporters.

I'm unfortunate enough to sit in the southern part of the POD Stand. I eventually supported the return of the Cooper Stand to our own but sadly for many fans its a case of "I'm all right Jack". For years we had to put up with OF fans in the Main Stand but for those in other stands it was never an issue. But, when the gruesome twosome took over the Cooper Stand it was a different matter. The same kinds of problems could now re-occur on Fir Park Street and Knowetop Avenue but I suppose if its Rangers fans from the POD Stand (as opposed to the Cooper Stand) that are the root cause of it it'll be ok. Not getting at anyone, its just human nature.

The Main Stand is a different issue entirely though. I sat up there with my Dad in the 70s and OF fans were sat directly behind us, wasnt pleasant at all but having them in there was considered the norm. Giving them one of our stands after specifically asking and being told no was totally a different situation.

Totally sympathise with anyone who has to endure being close to the scummy fuckers but it can only be fixed by giving them just the South Stand. Not going to happen is it?

As I read this thread I find it quite a damning indictment on football fans in general that we cannot be trusted to sit with people supporting the other team and we don't want to be near the opposition.

Well if you're happy to be abused and possibly assualted then batter in. You must be living in a fantasy world where everyone hugs each other and gets on swimmingly. This is the Old Firm we're talking about here, not the most forgiving of football fans.

Well if you're happy to be abused and possibly assualted then batter in. You must be living in a fantasy world where everyone hugs each other and gets on swimmingly. This is the Old Firm we're talking about here, not the most forgiving of football fans.

I don't think Tweed was volunteering to go and sit among the Rangers's fans bedecked in Claret and Amber from head to toe. But every other sport in the world, the fans seem able to sit together without too much hassle. What is it about football fans that means we have to be segregated? Why can't we all just behave...?

I don't think Tweed was volunteering to go and sit among the Rangers's fans bedecked in Claret and Amber from head to toe. But every other sport in the world, the fans seem able to sit together without too much hassle. What is it about football fans that means we have to be segregated? Why can't we all just behave...?

Correct.

But every other sport in the world, the fans seem able to sit together without too much hassle.

i don't think that's true. there always seems to be riots at basketball matches and europe and although there aren't many away fans in american sports there have been fights at ice hockey games recently and there are definitely a few baseball and gridiron stadiums where you'd get hassle for supporting the wrong team.

what i dont understand is how come the police aren't happy to police a split stand, but they are quite happy to let all fans walk right into each other as soon as they leave the stadium???

why are they not held back??? we've been held back at their patch plenty of times

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I think Saturday would be an ideal occasion to offer decent ticket prices. I reckon more than half of us in the DC are season ticket holders. So why not try and fill the empty seats with more floating Well fans?

Because then we can't fleece the fuck out of 5000 orange bastards under the 'similar stand/view' clause. If we want to rob them of £25 in the south then it has to be £25 in the cooper stand.

And btw, for what it is worth I am happy to have a few hundred 'overspill' in the main. It is traditional for anyone's main stand to be used by neuatrals/away fans anyway and not like it is a traditional 'home end'. There is less of a problem coming onto Fir Park street with a few hundred than 2000 of them meeting 3000 East Stand fans on Knowetop.

Anyway, intae theese bawbags tommorow!!!

Because then we can't fleece the fuck out of 5000 orange bastards under the 'similar stand/view' clause. If we want to rob them of £25 in the south then it has to be £25 in the cooper stand.

And btw, for what it is worth I am happy to have a few hundred 'overspill' in the main. It is traditional for anyone's main stand to be used by neuatrals/away fans anyway and not like it is a traditional 'home end'. There is less of a problem coming onto Fir Park street with a few hundred than 2000 of them meeting 3000 East Stand fans on Knowetop.

Anyway, intae theese bawbags tommorow!!!

Wooooooa, there mate. Bit strong. :ph34r:

And btw, for what it is worth I am happy to have a few hundred 'overspill' in the main.

I assume that is because unlike me you do not sit in the main stand near to where the away support will be tomorrow................

I was never a fan of handing over the Cooper even though I understood the financial reasoning. At least that way all fans were in separate stands.

I for one, like my seat in the POD Stand, I like the view, the chat roundabout me and being able to take my kids to the game. I absolutely detest either of the OF being so close and don't think it is safe. Their fans abuse and narrow minded view of the world is really unacceptable in this day and age.

From the h**s site:

RANGERS have been allocated the South Stand and two sections at either end of the Main Stand.

Please check your ticket prior to approaching the stadium to ensure that you are heading for and access the correct stand.

The police have advised that Rangers fans in the Main Stand may be detained for 10 minutes at the end of the match.

An event is ongoing within Strathclyde Park and heavy congestion is expected on the main access route from the M74 to the stadium. Roadworks on the A 80 are also expected to be problematic. Leave plenty of time for your journey.

And btw, for what it is worth I am happy to have a few hundred 'overspill' in the main. It is traditional for anyone's main stand to be used by neuatrals/away fans anyway and not like it is a traditional 'home end'.

I don't agree with you but your honesty is appreciated. Some Main Stands are used by away fans but its by no means common. We rarely get housed in the Main Stands at Easter Road, Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Falkirk, Kilmarnock or Hamilton for example.

I doubt if we will fill 3/4 of the Cooper stand. But as has been mentioned before Rangers and Celtic have struggled to achieve this in recent games.

More importantly the fans that are there need to get behind the team and really make some noise!

Just a shame that did not happen.................

I am on record as saying I did not agree with giving the Cooper over to the Old firm, but I am afraid today illustrated exactly why it was in the first place!

You would be lucky if there were 4-500 Well fans in the Cooper today. Whilst the 1500+ Well fans in the POD Stand had the great unwashed on either flank.

Maybe not popular comments but again I thought our support was POOR today. This Well side are showing a lot of promise and quite frankly deserve a better support. Those that were there were excellent. I know the costs are expensive - all I am saying is that it is a shame that we could not at least fill the East Stand.