Missile At The Morrocan

steelboy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see to be honest i just dont understand why people canny dae what their telt for 90 minutes.

You get told not to stand up - people keep standing up.

You get told not to smoke - people keep lighting up smokes.

You get told not to be racist/sectarian - people keep being racist/sectarian.

You get told not to throw things - people keep throwing things.

That's not just Motherwell obviously it's every football crowd in Scotland (where these rules apply).

It might seem like everyones out to spoil the fun here with football - i don't particularly agree with a lot of the rules in scottish football.

I'll put my neck out here and probably get slaughtered for it but here goes, i don't see why you canny stand up,makes fuck all sense to me as long as it's generally agreeable with those around you and you don't upset everyone around you.

I don't agree with throwing things because it's really no that difficult to hurt someone,ANYONE around ye - especially kids or that.

Heres the bit i might get slaughtered for - see if it wasn't for kids at football i wouldn't see the problem with anything that gets shouted at football either. I couldney care less if someone gets called a h*n,f****n black bastard whatever - i've never seen where the line was between calling someone a fat bastard,ugly bastard or black bastard - 9/10 they are usually true - it's all just descriptive words - it's no like your going out to cause them any harm because of these 'defects',it's just WORDS.

The fact of the matter is that kids do go to football though,and kids do pick up on things that we sometimes wish they wouldn't - and for that matter everything would just be a damned sight better if people would sit on their arse,refrein from throwing things at people and calling them anything society might class a little to nasty.

Mayby i've completely lost my passion for football these days or something but there is far much more to life than what happens on that wee green space - about time people chilled out a little and ENJOYED going to watch the football rather than using it for anger managment.

Firstly, lets deal with the standing problem, this is a health and safety issue and may also be an insurance thing as well.

Simply put, the seating area isn't built for standing, for safety reasons you need to be able to take a step backwards or forwards, that just isn't possible with seats in front of, and behind, you. To keep themselves right they HAVE to tell you to sit down, then if you fall over the seat in front you have no comebacks. That's why they ALWAYS tell you to sit down, most clubs also put it in the programme and announce it over the tannoy as well. I'd be extremely surprised if Motherwell didn't do this.

As for the "it's just words" crap.

You can call me a bastard, and I'll take that on the chin because, I'll admit, I can be a bastard at times so it's fair comment. You call me a fat, ugly, f****n, orange, black, bald, or stupid bastard and I'll break your jaw.

You see, when people qualify the word bastard with an adjective it's the adjective that's designed to hurt most. They search for the worst thing they can think of to hammer home the point. I'd agree we're all juust bastards but as I said it's the adjective that's designed to hurt, not the profanity.

He He He mayby i just don't take myself or any insults people may choose to hurl at me as serious as some people do.

I've seen it before, someone says a wrong word to someone and as you say they, 'break their jaw'.

Unless someones acctually in my face trying to make me look stupid or intimidating me i never really feel the need to, 'break their jaw'.

Strange world this eh, everyone being different and all.

As for the health and safety bit about stadiums - thanks and all that but i am very well awear of health and safety rules, also the smoking ban and social standing on profanity - i was just saying that personally,i couldn't give a root tooting fuck - sadly,however, it isn't up to me and i just wish people would dae what the fook they were telt once in a while eh no?

From BBC

SPL awaits Zemmama missile report

Zemmama upset the Motherwell fans during Hibs' 3-1 win

The Scottish Premier League will assess Merouane Zemmama's claim that a fan aimed a missile at him once it receives the match delegate's report.

Hibernian midfielder Zemmama angered the home supporters by celebrating in front of Motherwell's East Stand after scoring a free-kick in Saturday's win.

An SPL spokesman said: "We will see what our match delegate says about any situation relating to the crowd.

"They are effectively our eyes and ears at the ground."

After the goal celebration incident, the Moroccan went to take a corner in front of the same stand and appeared to move out the way of an item thrown from the crowd.

Referee Steve Conroy picked something off the pitch, later described by Zemmama as a "lighter or whistle", and put it in his pocket.

The SPL expects to receive the match delegate's report on Tuesday or Wednesday and could punish Motherwell if the player's allegations are found to be true.

"If there are any incidents of note which merit further explanation, we'll write to the clubs involved and ask them for some further details," added the SPL spokesman.

see to be honest i just dont understand why people canny dae what their telt for 90 minutes.

That's not just Motherwell obviously it's every football crowd in Scotland (where these rules apply).

It might seem like everyones out to spoil the fun here with football - i don't particularly agree with a lot of the rules in scottish football.

I'll put my neck out here and probably get slaughtered for it but here goes, i don't see why you canny stand up,makes fuck all sense to me as long as it's generally agreeable with those around you and you don't upset everyone around you.

I don't agree with throwing things because it's really no that difficult to hurt someone,ANYONE around ye - especially kids or that.

Heres the bit i might get slaughtered for - see if it wasn't for kids at football i wouldn't see the problem with anything that gets shouted at football either. I couldney care less if someone gets called a h*n,f****n black bastard whatever - i've never seen where the line was between calling someone a fat bastard,ugly bastard or black bastard - 9/10 they are usually true - it's all just descriptive words - it's no like your going out to cause them any harm because of these 'defects',it's just WORDS.

The fact of the matter is that kids do go to football though,and kids do pick up on things that we sometimes wish they wouldn't - and for that matter everything would just be a damned sight better if people would sit on their arse,refrein from throwing things at people and calling them anything society might class a little to nasty.

Mayby i've completely lost my passion for football these days or something but there is far much more to life than what happens on that wee green space - about time people chilled out a little and ENJOYED going to watch the football rather than using it for anger managment.

Where you aren't impeding other peoples enjoyment of the game by standing up just leave it be. By all means make people aware that the do so at their own risk but if you not blocking anyones view or actively starting a riot leave people to watch the game standing, sitting or a combination of both depending on how exciting the game is.

As for no smoking, there is no problem where I stand with people lighting up. Given we're in an open air environment I feel quite fortunate that the smoking ban applies. That said common sense would dictate at least letting the smokers nip down to the steps at half time/during game if they wish to calm their jittery nicotine sapped nerves.

The last two points I completely agree, no place for throwing objects it is dangerous and no place for racism/sectarianism it is just plain ugly.

As for yer last editorial, not agreeing over much. Just because there are kids there. I don't think we should have to santize fitba grounds because the little darlins might pick up some bad language. they'll pick it up in all manner of places, we have a family section for younger kids and it is up to their parents to explain these thigns to kids. Why it might be considered right or wrong and so on. I agree to an extent words are just words but some are loaded with more meaning than others, the racial/sectarian stuff not just bad language.

I do agree with your last point but at same time I wouldn't judge people for getting riled up or going tonto. Better screaming your lungs out at the fitba than lamping someone. Most weeks I'm pretty laid back at the games but from time to time I'll get worked up enough to have a little froth at the mouth. But after the game other you move on and leave it behind you.

I don't agree that because rules are there you should follow them. All authority has to justify itself to us not the other way round.

while we are on the subject and someone has mentioned smoking

I am almost ready to go against all my personal morals and grass some people up to the police or our hopeless stewards. At the last home game against Hibs I had taken my two boys to the game, don’t take them all the time but felt it was a good game to go to. At half time took my two lads to the toilet; they are aged 8 and 4. Being the age they are especially the wee one they prefer to use the cubical. So we stood outside the two cubicles and waited our turn, this seemed to last for ages and the wee one not having the best bladder control was getting desperate, I chapped the two doors and asked if they were going to be long as I had a kid with me that needed a piss urgently, fair enough one door opened and three guys in their 30’s came out while putting their fags out.

A fucking disgrace, don’t get me wrong I have nothing against smoking, my wife smokes (not in front of the kids) and I am an ex smoker, I am not complaining about smoke in the toilets but about these pricks hogging the toilets and causing a queue due to their inability to wait and smoke outside like the probable 100’s of other smokers that can.

Stewards do your job and sort this out, because if my boy pisses himself because he can’t get into the toilet I will be fucking raging

Aye, very good. While we're at it what about disabled bastard or terminally ill bastard, just words eh? How often has your race been the subject of ridicule, called a white bastard often are we? It is never just a one off is it, you don't draw the line there should never be a line

Might be off topic but on the subject of standing, how come it's 'safe' for lower league teams to have terracing but not the SPL ? If we were relegated we could rip out seats in the East Stand and use it as terracing again?

SPL clubs can't have terracing but thier fans can stand in away cup at Ayr etc - crazy

And how come it's ok to stand at half time?

....before the game ........everyone stands

.....half time ....everyone stands

.....goal celebration.....everyone stands

.....minutes silence/ applause ....everyone stands

it would appear that it s only "no safe" whilst players are on the pitch kickin the ball !!

incidentally, I was at Hampden for the AC/DC concert, and for about 3 hours there were about 60,000 people standing and there was no problem at all !

so mibbe its ok to stand at a football stadium at anything BUT a football match ?

....before the game ........everyone stands

.....half time ....everyone stands

.....goal celebration.....everyone stands

.....minutes silence/ applause ....everyone stands

it would appear that it s only "no safe" whilst players are on the pitch kickin the ball !!

incidentally, I was at Hampden for the AC/DC concert, and for about 3 hours there were about 60,000 people standing and there was no problem at all !

so mibbe its ok to stand at a football stadium at anything BUT a football match ?

Excellent point!

Health and safety is just the same old shitey line that is put out time and time again when what it really means is 'we don't really know, it's just a rule'. Can I not be trusted to stand in the one place for christ sake? Maybe I don't want to live healthily or safely and just want to live on the edge and stand like I do during a lot of my life.

all folk want is the option of standing or seating. Nobody has ever been killed due to standing at football matches, only ridiculous overcrowding. That can easily be controlled (using over priced tickets) and we can all have a fun and safe/dangerous time.

Health and safety is just the same old shitey line that is put out time and time again when what it really means is 'we don't really know, it's just a rule'.

For the benefit of the folk who 'don't really know', here's the document that explains the rationale:

Clicky

Whether or not you find it persuasive is another matter :P

I think what people have missed is that the wee Morrocan isn't exactly Mr Innocent is he? He riled our fans, by running 50 yards to celebrate infront of us, goaded us from the other side of the pitch, then decided that he would try again nad third time lucky he got the reaction HE WANTED. Now, the boy that threw the missile hasn't got a great aim and should be banned on those grounds alone. Seriously though, if the guy had, had a few pints and decided to lob something at Zemmama after significant and repeated provocation then tough titty to the immature tit. He has no right to to moan about it, when he played a significant part in making it happen. The fan who threw the object should get a ban from Fir Park, a fine and will feel like a dick for a while that he has to miss out on the football for his actions. Zemmama should get a 3 match ban and a fine for actively seeking to incite crowd trouble.

Aye, very good. While we're at it what about disabled bastard or terminally ill bastard, just words eh? How often has your race been the subject of ridicule, called a white bastard often are we? It is never just a one off is it, you don't draw the line there should never be a line

No see your being a bit silly now. Theres a big difference from what i was talking about to picking on someone with a disability. Being black yellow gold or purple is nothing,theres nothing effectivly wrong with that,people will be proud of their colour. Being from somewhere is your home,your proud of that. If your a f****n then your hardly going to be upset about being called a f****n - if your not one, then you'll not break sweat over it will you.

Being disabled is a WHOLE different ball game altogether mate,and terminally ill aswell that's something people usually would prefer not to be.

And'white bastard' well yes acctually - i work with a HELLUVA lot of asian mate and quite often they will tell other asians who work with me that they don't trust me because i am white. The thing is they just don't think i understand the Lingo ye know. I am a white, christian male.....and on those grounds probably the most under-represented race in the world on racial issues,it appears naebody can be racist against us.

When someone calles me a'white bastard' then it usually because i am white,and being a bastard.

If someone called me a specky bastard, it's because i am known to wear specks at times,and i am being a bastard.

If i call someone a black bastard,it's probably because they are black....and being a bastard.

Sometimes people are quick to use racism as a shortened version of, 'good old fashioned honesty'.