Celtic V Motherwell

Rickoza

As we've had before, can the reference to a certain licensed establishment in the Motherwell area be removed. Walls have ears and all that malarkey...

We know the licensee would be most obliged. :lol:

Sorry never thought of that. :doh: It will be known as the Generic Public house from now on.

Aye, instead of apologising go back and edit your posts........

Too late, I deleted them for you.

For future reference, don't publish the name of any pub you think might be showing the game.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy we will play well on Saturday. The big pitch will allow us some room to play, and seeing as Shellic will have most of the ball our counter attacking game plan could work nicely.

That said if we are slack and ponderous in possession then they will hurt us. We have to work as a team like never before this season and be disciplined positionally. Our use of the ball has to be spot on too, no errors like the Hibs game or we will pay heavily for that.

As another poster mentioned we could win or get humped, who knows!!

Team wise I'd go with this selection:

Ruddy

Moutouakil, Saunders, Reynolds, Hammell

Hateley, Forbes, Coke

Humphrey, O'Brien

Jutkiewitz

The likely result is a defeat without disgrace, but with many of their players back from internationals, suffering with injury and them not playing too well, you never know do you?!!!

Positive heid on, a 1-1 draw!!

Can you buy tickets at stadium? What a joke if not, especially considering we've only sold 51! My mates a tattiebowl season ticket holder so was planning spending night out in Glasgow Friday before game.....that's all fucked up if you can only buy tickets at Fir Park
you can mate,get there early its always mobbed

This game might just what we've been needing. We've been lacking energy recently and if the players, especially the newer players, can't get motivated for this one then we might have a few problems this season!

The big mistake teams make especially away from home against the OF is they change their game instead of having confidence in their own ability.

Play two wingers, play positively, play Forbes. This trying to sneak a draw by keeping it tight rarely works, all it usually results in is a jammy injury time winner for Celtic!

Let them worry about us because we've stood toe to toe with better Celtic teams than this current one and beaten them and if you lose well the chances are that was going to happen anyway.

I'd agree with that... get Jenno or Lasley in the middle of the park for this one, I'd also put Sutton up-front instead of Jutkiewicz, possibly give Murphy a shot up front too - he's got the pace we've been badly missing up there the last few games.

How can you drop the guy who won your last game for you? He might not be 'on fire' but a wee run might do his confidence the world of good.

I'm interested to see the tactics JG has come up with for this game. I wonder if he will try and keep things tight, or have a go at the central defenders that have been giving Celtic all sorts of problems recently.

Hopefully, he will persist with the possession-football approach that the East Stand moaners enjoy so much :P

I think Celtic are very beatable, but I'm just afraid we don't have the right type of player to beat them. Haven't watched loads of Celtic games this season, but the Rangers and Vienna goals against them came from their backline misjudging, hesitating and being outpaced by the striker. Unfortunately, the closest we have to that type of striker is Jamie Murphy, who I don't think is ready to lead the line at Parkhead. I'd give my left arm to have a Skippy, McCormack or even Clarkson in a 'Well shirt on saturday.

Got a freebie for this so will be going along behind enemy lines, hopefully we can sneak something, absolutely no reason to fear them.

I could have as well. But decided I wouldnt be able to sit in amongst the Celtic fans and keep my mouth shout if we scored. I always get more worked up at OF games so chances are id let the cat out of the bag.

I dreamt we were 4-0 up within the first 17 mins*. So ill go with that :rolleyes:

* Of course the fact Pierre Van Hooijdonk (sp) Samaras and Steven Whittaker were all in the Celtic team doesnt matter.

Seriously, I think we'll get something on Saturday. Ill go for a corner on 88th min, with a Sutton header to win 1-0. Or a scrappy 1-1 with a pen and someone sent off hopefully mcdonald.

I'd give my left arm to have a Skippy, McCormack or even Clarkson in a 'Well shirt on saturday.

Or any other Saturday!

For the record, I won't be there on Saturday. Will never set foot in either of the bigots middens again due to the (jobsworth) stewards and (shitebag) police on duty at these games.

Or any other Saturday!

For the record, I won't be there on Saturday. Will never set foot in either of the bigots middens again due to the (jobsworth) stewards and (shitebag) police on duty at these games.

i dont get that. You dont go to watch the stewards or police. You go to watch the game which shouldnt bring you any trouble if you focus on the game and ignore the home fans. Something else i dont get is our fans that go to the OF games just to cause bother and wind up the other fans. A few seasons ago, we were stuck behind an idiot that done nothing but stand up and shout to the other fans (cant remember which ones) it costs you more than £20 to go and you dont bother with the game? :) more money than sense