January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely remember reading that McCart was given permission to move to Celtic on the basis he didn't sign any of our young players. Would that be right?

im pretty sure he already signed one of our youth players in the summer. can't mind his name but the boy from ross county was his replacement

im pretty sure he already signed one of our youth players in the summer. can't mind his name but the boy from ross county was his replacement

aye they signed one of our young players at the very last minute of the last transfer window.

think we got £40K ish

We also lost a player to Birmingham in September.

FRASER Kerr took a huge step towards a professional football career after signing for Birmingham City. The 17-year-old moved from Motherwell and even got to meet first team boss Alex McLeish at the official signing evening. There were nine boys signing with Fraser on the night, but as he was Scottish and had a Motherwell connection – like McLeish who managed Well in the 90s – he got to sit next to the former Scotland boss.

Edit.......... Did we not also lose a young keeper to Leeds a couple of years ago as well........

Any chance of slane staying went when this thread was made. Some of the comments towards him are a joke, when nothings been confirmed and its purely speculation.

I don't think he's been harshly dealt with given the circumstances.

If he's basing his decision on what's discussed on here then the situations far more bizarre than anyone here can dream up

Any chance of slane staying went when this thread was made. Some of the comments towards him are a joke, when nothings been confirmed and its purely speculation.

Correct for two points. It's all very well saying that people qualified a lot of their statements with "IF he leaves" or saying it's a minority who were having a go, but were I Paul Slane reading this I'd be off anywhere else, boyhood heroes or not...

Where does it say we are only allowed to deal in facts? It's an internet forum FFS! If we ignored speculation then we'd have nowt to talk about half the time.

I'm sure Slane will do whatever he wants and nothing we say will have any bearing on that decision whatsoever.

Where does it say we are only allowed to deal in facts? It's an internet forum FFS! If we ignored speculation then we'd have nowt to talk about half the time.

I'm sure Slane will do whatever he wants and nothing we say will have any bearing on that decision whatsoever.

+1

Correct for two points. It's all very well saying that people qualified a lot of their statements with "IF he leaves" or saying it's a minority who were having a go, but were I Paul Slane reading this I'd be off anywhere else, boyhood heroes or not...

If Slane makes a decision based on the opinions of a bunch of fannies on the internet, then god help him!

If Slane makes a decision based on the opinions of a bunch of fannies on the internet, then god help him!

Not suggesting he would, big man, but were he about to sign a new contract or at least thinking about it and came on here to see himself described as an ungrateful wee fanny (I'm paraphrasing, you understand) then he might think "Mibbe no...". I'm reminded of the reasons that Duncan Shearer never signed for us in the first place...

Nonsense. This thread will have he-haw to do with it.

Sure Slane was sitting thinking to himself, "Oh I canny decide what to do, tell you what I'll go look on steelmen online...The Bastard I'm off to Celtic!"

Not least because after all the speculation if he did sign a new contract he'd be the next messiah for knocking back Celtic, well at least until next time he's linked. :rolleyes:

Okay, we can talk about Paul Slane all day. On a different subject, Brown mentioned we had two trialists (as someone mentioned earlier), does anyone know anything about these guys? He also says he is looking at a big signing who may be playing in the world cup. Anyone have any idea, or know who this is?

Okay, we can talk about Paul Slane all day. On a different subject, Brown mentioned we had two trialists (as someone mentioned earlier), does anyone know anything about these guys? He also says he is looking at a big signing who may be playing in the world cup. Anyone have any idea, or know who this is?

1. We can indeed

2. Don't think anyone posted the i.d. of the Frenchies.

3. There's a whole thread on who the international might be

Think you'll find that were more interested in slagging players ,rumours and innuendo than finding out who two genuine french trialists might be. And that doesn't necessarily mean they are internationalists or world cup players just because they're Frenchies. :unsure:

No idea who the french guys are but if slane is reading this I for one hope you stay. For one Motherwell will help develop you giving you first team footie, while sitting on a bench at the old firm will just leave you bitter and no doubt twisted.

Europe with well must have ben a blast with your help in the squad you never know maybe we can make it again. If you do go to Smeltic then good luck to apart from when you are playing the well.

Mon the well mon the slane and dare I say mon the brown!

No idea who the french guys are but if slane is reading this I for one hope you stay. For one Motherwell will help develop you giving you first team footie, while sitting on a bench at the old firm will just leave you bitter and no doubt twisted.

:unsure:

Be gutted if he goes and don't get to see what he can do in SPL. If he goes to the darkside we won't see that for 2+ years