January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i'm saying is that the moralising on here is a bit hypocritical. no one thinks twice about boys who we let go because we deem them not good enough but when a young player essentially does that to the club people are up in arms.
That argument only holds up if you think Paul Slane is too good for Motherwell.

Anyway, its all only rumour. lets wait till we see what happens.

for what its worth, from what i saw of him in the euro games, i think he is a decent young player. If he stays here he will most likely play regular games. if he goes to the OF now then he will most likley be a bench warmer at best.

Is that no a bit of a contradiction. You think the rumour about Forbes is true but you can't see them signing a player for 5 years ? :wacko:

:doh: Was an attempt at a joke mate regarding how often Rangers sign players and when they are likely to sign their next one :D

It's not 'moralising' though. While I understand and agree that in this particular case the ball is in paul slane's court and he can do what he wants.

Sad as it sounds it's a business model. if we don't sort the wheat from the chaff - by releasing those that don't measure up and keeping those who ARE good enough, then getting them on a contract and then selling them once they establish themselves to ensure that we survive as a club then we're finished.

What part of that don't you understand steelboy?

obviously i realise that we have to release boys, it's part of the process. my comments were refering to fans greeting that slane was shafting us when the truth is he owes us nothing.

when any player's contract runs out we decide whether he's good enough to be offered a new one and if he's not it's don't let the door hit your arse on the way out time and quite rightly no one gives it a second thought. however when the situation is reversed and the balance of power is shifted towards a player in these situations we get relentless greeting from the fans which i don't think is at all justified.

Small bit in the Daily Record ( :( ) today where Brown spoke of his disapointment over not getting Craig Moore signed. The reason being his missus fancied sunshine over snow. Fair doos. However, he goes on to speak about looking at a few others although he will need to get rid of a few before he brings anyone else in.

Doesn't really sound like the talk of an interim manager and the rumours of a move to Ross County or Falkirk for Crags could have some substance to them.

Brown spoke of his disapointment over not getting Craig Moore signed. The reason being his missus fancied sunshine over snow.

Think we got lucky by missing out on Moore. That lad was a big haddie who liked getting himself sent off. Plus, big man, who is in charge of your career? You or the wife? Football is a short enough career and you'll be retired soon enough anyway so why let the wife dictate who you play for?

Don`t know if anyone else heard real radio sport this morning at half 7 but they said that us and aberdeen are interested in bringing Stephen Dobbie in from Swansea.

Apparently he is keen to come back to Scotland.

Sure someone else posted that they would like to see him at The Well earlier in this thread!

Don`t know if anyone else heard real radio sport this morning at half 7 but they said that us and aberdeen are interested in bringing Stephen Dobbie in from Swansea.

Apparently he is keen to come back to Scotland.

Sure someone else posted that they would like to see him at The Well earlier in this thread!

I read an article somewhere saying he doesn't want to come back to Scotland.