January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell JOB to anyone offering £25k + use that to sign the lad Connerton from Lancaster

Pull out all the stops to sign John Ruddy on a permanent 3 year deal (keep him for 18 months - 2 yr then punt him for a couple mil)

bring in an experienced spine for the team, CD,RB,CM,ST either frees or loans

oh and Luca Toni on a free please :P

Sell JOB to anyone offering £25k + use that to sign the lad Connerton from Lancaster

Pull out all the stops to sign John Ruddy on a permanent 3 year deal (keep him for 18 months - 2 yr then punt him for a couple mil)

bring in an experienced spine for the team, CD,RB,CM,ST either frees or loans

oh and Luca Toni on a free please :P

We will need to sell Reynolds for all that. Talking about Italian strikers I never knew (until today) that Christian Vieri was Australian.

Born in Oz? I knew he couldve played for them but thought it was through family ties.

Selling Reynolds would do the trick,but we`d need a decent fee and all that cash coming in to go to the boss, or an arab oilman to take a fancy to our fair town :P

A right back, a left back, centre back, central midfielder and a striker. No much to ask for eh?

Craigan, Lasley, McGarry should be sold if possible. Though to fund the above, i'd accept anything above £750k for Reynolds.

What i'd give for someone like Ross McCormack. No creativity in that team whatsoever at the moment.

A right back, a left back, centre back, central midfielder and a striker. No much to ask for eh?

Craigan, Lasley, McGarry should be sold if possible. Though to fund the above, i'd accept anything above £750k for Reynolds.

What i'd give for someone like Ross McCormack. No creativity in that team whatsoever at the moment.

No steel either.

Born in Oz? I knew he couldve played for them but thought it was through family ties.

Selling Reynolds would do the trick,but we`d need a decent fee and all that cash coming in to go to the boss, or an arab oilman to take a fancy to our fair town :lol:

Heard that during 5 live's fighting talk today. It said on that he was australian born but i will look at wiki and get back to you :lol:

Born in italy moved to Australia Jim Jeffries was talking pish lol and its no the jambo one am talking about lol .

No steel either.

Agree with you there. To be fair, I think Stevie J does offer a little of that, but then again that's only 1 player.

Our centre halfs are powder puff. When has Saunders or Reynolds ever put in a crunching tackle? Fair enough if thats no their game, but we need someone that does. Look around the SPL. Caldwell, McManus, Weir, Dods, Hogg. All big dirty bastards. We need one like that. Boot some fucking arses.

Agree with you there. To be fair, I think Stevie J does offer a little of that, but then again that's only 1 player.

Our centre halfs are powder puff. When has Saunders or Reynolds ever put in a crunching tackle? Fair enough if thats no their game, but we need someone that does. Look around the SPL. Caldwell, McManus, Weir, Dods, Hogg. All big dirty bastards. We need one like that. Boot some fucking arses.

:lol:

Whilst I would never condone violence on a park, the threat of such is exactly what we need.

We must have cash to spend.

We need to sell Reynolds and take a bit of cash back. We need to cut the dead wood but where do we stop? Anybody know if we have cash to spend or not?

I'd love to keep Ruddy and the Duke, I'm no sure what Gannon is doing with Coke and Jennings six months left come January? (might be wrong on that one)

Need 2 defenders, a bit of bite in the middle of the park and oh aye a striker. Not much to ask for at all.

Out-- Craggs-Reynolds (maybe summer)-McGarry-JimO'B-Yass-

IN -- Who knows I hope Ruddy but need to wait and see I just think it's going to be a busy January.

Fun times at the Ark

Mon the well

Heard a whisper yesterday that Boyle is putting up the cash to sign Ruddy on a perm deal in exchange for a percentage of the sell-on value.

Anyone confirm?

First I've heard of this one but would be a smart business move. Another 18 months of Ruddy in goals then sell on for a considerable profit.

I think if we could get Hutchy fit, he could hand out a good few beatings as necessary.

I think if we could get Hutchy fit, he could hand out a good few beatings as necessary.

Definitely. Out of the defenders we have Hutchinson would be first on the team sheet. I'd say him and Reynolds would be our first choice pairing, which isn't anything to do with Saunders being bad, I just think Hutchinson is better. We definitely need a new right back, don't care what anyone says- Mouatoukil is rank. As for midfield I am unsure, we are loitered with midfielders although none seem to be setting the heather on fire at the moment, and I think we lose Jutkiewicz at least one striker is necessary.

I did say in the pub last night that I thought we were too nice at the moment. Other than Coke a couple of times early in the season, I can't remember many crunching tackles from anyone in our team.

Though I do agree with others that Hutchison definitely looks the man most capable of dishing it out...

I remember in Jennings first game he looked as if he liked a tackle but that part of his game has all but disappeared. In games such as yesterdays the odd crunching tackle wouldn't have gone amiss to show that they were up for a fight and to get the fans going. Too often this season we've been on the receiving end and done nothing about it.