January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie McEwan....... eh naw aswell. He's a fookin lunatic. LAst I heard he was at Dumbarton I think. Also made it over the water to Derry but crashed and burned. His social life gets in the way of his footie.

He always seemed to be a decent enough keeper to me.

I reckon he'd probably prefer sitting on the 'Well bench to playing in the lower divisions as well.

As I understand it, with the wages Fraser is on, he'd be mental to go anywhere before his contract is up. I think we're stuck with him, I'm afraid. A leaving gift from Mutley, if you like.

Indeed. I hope JC signed up Clangers on a very long deal prior to his depature from Pittodrie.

confused by this, please explain?

Ewings was first choice for a couple of seasons with the Rovers the decided to move to the US. Can't remember if it was for a scholarship or some coaching thing.

Back he came to Scotland though and was signed up again at Cliftonhill with all expecting him to resume duties as number one.

Ewings found himself suspended for either the first or first two league games of this season if I remember rightly so the laddie Gaston was given a shot against Celtic in their Jock Stein Friendship Cup thing and played an absolute stormer as Rovers took them to penalties after a 0-0 draw and then their League Cup game against Livingston where he also kept a clean sheet.

Since then Ewings has been rendered a spectactor hence he sits on the bench looking glum remark.

Ewings was first choice for a couple of seasons with the Rovers the decided to move to the US. Can't remember if it was for a scholarship or some coaching thing.

Back he came to Scotland though and was signed up again at Cliftonhill with all expecting him to resume duties as number one.

Ewings found himself suspended for either the first or first two league games of this season if I remember rightly so the laddie Gaston was given a shot against Celtic in their Jock Stein Friendship Cup thing and played an absolute stormer as Rovers took them to penalties after a 0-0 draw and then their League Cup game against Livingston where he also kept a clean sheet.

Since then Ewings has been rendered a spectactor hence he sits on the bench looking glum remark.

went to play in Ireland before the team went bust! Thought u were meaning more to that than him losing his place

cheers mate

Just a bit more on the story we know about Craig targeting a possible World Cup-bound striker....

CRAIG BROWN is confident his reputation in football and relationship with agents will help him bring top-quality players to Fir Park.

Motherwell's interim boss has been told he can sign players during the January transfer window and is sure he can clinch a number of deals.

He is tracking an internationalist - who could be at next summer's World Cup - and believes he can pull that off.

As well as his coaching experience Brown has helped to broker transfer deals at Derby and Fulham and feels that will be invaluable. He said: "We've been asked to operate as if we were in charge of the club permanently so I will be looking to improve the squad.

"There are also a number of our young players who may go the other way in loan deals to get them experience.

"I hope the standing of myself and Archie Knox in the game will help. We know a lot of players and I've also been involved in recruitment at Derby and Fulham.

"Every agent in England came in to see me as that was my job down there, sifting through potential signings.

"I know where to go for information or to make a signing but money is scarce at every club, not just ours, so that obviously has to be a consideration.

"Of our squad for the Hearts game eight were under 21 so we might need to bring some new faces in. We've one or two ideas but don't want to disclose the names yet.

"We're prepared to recruit internationally and looking at a guy who might play in this summer's World Cup. We've spoken to him and he has indicated a willingness to come here."

Brown, 69, is enjoying a challenge he thought had passed him by.

He added: "Everything has been great. There is good ambience around the place and the players seem happy and are responding to everything we've done.

"I thought I would enjoy it here but it has perhaps been even better than I thought it would be."

:doh:

I'm sure he's thinking more along the lines of Patrick McPake, Jonathon Page and perahps Jamie Pollock rather than the likes of Ross Forbes, Shaun Hutchinson or Bob McHugh.

If they are too old or a return to the U19's would be viewed as a retrograde step and we don't have a reserve team it would make sense to give them an opportunity to get experience rather than floating about with little chance of playing.

I'm sure he's thinking more along the lines of Patrick McPake, Jonathon Page and perahps Jamie Pollock rather than the likes of Ross Forbes, Shaun Hutchinson or Bob McHugh.

If they are too old or a return to the U19's would be viewed as a retrograde step and we don't have a reserve team it would make sense to give them an opportunity to get experience rather than floating about with little chance of playing.

Think McHugh should on be on the loan out list, he not ready for SPL fitba from what I've seen. I'd also add Saunders to that list provided Hutchison is fit and Reynolds isn't getting sold. And sort of young players Smith and Fitzpatrick if they over injury, if some first division club will have them a spell there to get playing again before manager decides on longer term future.

Like to see Hutchison, Murphy and Forbes involved though all 3 have made enough impact to be in the squad regularly. Though a first division loan move might help Forbes also as after a bright start he does seem to have lost his way. Be interested to see if Brown can help him develop.

Disagree regarding McHugh. First time I saw him play against St Mirren (3-0 in the cup) he was pretty ineffective, but so was the whole team that night.

I thought he had a really good game against Celtic though, and did well to set up Lucas for the goal.

Just a bit more on the story we know about Craig targeting a possible World Cup-bound striker....

As well as his coaching experience Brown has helped to broker transfer deals at Derby and Fulham and feels that will be invaluable. He said: "We've been asked to operate as if we were in charge of the club permanently so I will be looking to improve the squad.

"

"We're prepared to recruit internationally and looking at a guy who might play in this summer's World Cup. We've spoken to him and he has indicated a willingness to come here."

I might be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. However he will be at this year's World Cup and plays for Fulham.

Motherwell's World Cup Star?

I'd add Saunders to the list because I think there is potential there but he isn't as good as Reynolds, Hutchison, Craigan and I don't see him as a full back. So rather than U19's if he eligible still or occasional bounce matches playing regularly in the first division might suit his development better.

Saunders for me has had some good games and some where he not looked the part. Only a young lad though and could well come on to be a fixture for us if we sell Reynolds and/or Craigan hangs up boots.

I'd add Saunders to the list because I think there is potential there but he isn't as good as Reynolds, Hutchison, Craigan and I don't see him as a full back. So rather than U19's if he eligible still or occasional bounce matches playing regularly in the first division might suit his development better.

Saunders for me has had some good games and some where he not looked the part. Only a young lad though and could well come on to be a fixture for us if we sell Reynolds and/or Craigan hangs up boots.

Agreed.

He has the potential to be a competent SPL centre half but he could so easily go the same way as Willie K. Not good enough to be playing week in week out for us yet.

Agreed.

He has the potential to be a competent SPL centre half but he could so easily go the same way as Willie K. Not good enough to be playing week in week out for us yet.

Nah, he's higher up the pecking order than Craigan for me and is way better a prospect than Kinniburgh ever was.

if true the wee c**t can go back to the 19`s and be their kitman for the next 6 months before going to the girodome + disappearing from the world for the next 3 years,only to resurface a shadow of a player with scunthorpe or the likes, daft wee laddie