January Transfer Window

WilliePettigrew

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paterson back on loan from Plymouth please.

:lol: What? Foran was wanted by some the other week too. We've enough journeymen pros cluttering up the squad at the moment - Were you watching Saturday? As SteveDiggle alluded to on another thread, my fear would be an incoming management team likely to build a team around those who exist and others they may bring in. While Frazza above mentions the extreme of selling everybody around him, I'd build our team around Forbes also.

Does anyone think we can survive a relegation battle giving away 23 freekicks a game?

I think he's saying that hibs comitted 23 fouls in a game and we have only given away 24 over our last 4 games i.e. averaging 6 a game.

At least, that's what I took it to mean.

I'd have reservations about taking back Paterson, to long out of first team picture at Plymouth for a player that was prone to Mcgarryesque weight and fitness issues. If he was fit though then aye I think he's a better full back than Hammell and with greater physical stature less likely to get bullied at set pieces etc.

Foran forget him, he started quite well and then got to comfortable and was largely a passenger that tucked away occasional penalty.

Keeping be it extending loans or otherwise Ruddy, Jutkiewicz and bringing in a right back would be a start.

Moving on McGarry would be good.

I think he's saying that hibs comitted 23 fouls in a game and we have only given away 24 over our last 4 games i.e. averaging 6 a game.

At least, that's what I took it to mean.

Well, on only one occasion in the league this season we have fouled more than the opposition, and at that it was just one more foul....

H v Saint Johnstone 7 (against 11)

A v Rangers 5 (5)

H v Celtic 8 (10)

A v Hibs 4 (24)

H v Dundee Utd 13 (14)

H v Aberdeen 7 (7)

A v Hamilton 13 (19)

H v FHW 15 (14)

A v Saint Mirren 5 (15)

A v Celtic 9 (10)

H v Falkirk 8 (11)

H v Hibs 6 (21)

A v Dundee Utd 16 (26)

H v Rangers 7 (14)

A v Aberdeen 8 (14)

H v Kilmarnock 8 (14)

A v Saint Johnstone 6 (12)

Could this be the boy McGlinchey (spelling?) ex-celtic who played in Scotland under-19 team with Reynolds and is now in line to go to World Cup with New Zealand. Sure I read he may be looking for loan move to get ready for World Cup

Cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want to build a team around Forbes ...the guy has done well enough in the early part of the season when he was a surprise to most ..but bottom line is that he no pace , cannot tackle and is knackered 60 minutes into any game ...he has a good left peg and shot , but all the teams now know to shut that down when he gets a game..