New Manager

fizoxy

Calderwood has always achieved results, and knows the SPL game inside out.

He appears to have genuine contacts through in Holland to try and discover one or two decent players (something he managed at Aberdeen/Dunfermline unlike McGhee always claimed for us).

Took both Aberdeen and Dunfermline to Europe via league position and took both very far in the Cup competitions.

His footballing style was not always great, and infuriating at times (especially the Mulgrew game) where they camped in there own half and then snatched all 3 points with 5mins to go. But, I am sure the travelling fans weren't moaning on the long way home about the "anti-football" - they travelled for a result - and they got one. In the SPL style and quality comes secondary and as a bonus to any result we achieved. If we wanted style and quality all the time we'd support Barca or Arsenal - we don't and we have to make-do with the odd bit here and there, when things are going well.

Calderwood may not be liked by most, but his record in the SPL speaks for itself.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Calderwood is my 1st choice. George Burley I would accept but the Scotland issues left me more than a little bitter towards him.

Burley has done well in club management on limited resources consistently. Would bite your hand off for him. Calderwood would do a good job as well.

Better not be Calderwood. That would just about finish it all off for me.

Was fast losing interest at the tail end of McGhee's reign but that was reignited with the appointment of Gannon and the promise of having a good bunch of promising youngsters to watch. Granted the same players will be there but anyone like Calderwood, McCall, Chisholm blah blah would be a step back.

Another McGhee/Gannon name from nowhere please JB. Or at least McAllister, but having beeen overlooked teice I doubt he'd touch it.

Nijholt(as always), maybe Brendon Rodgers - did well at Watford before struggling at Reading and seems to have plenty of good contacts, especially at Chelsea, Walter Zenga has applied a few times before a few years back and got sacked by Parma(I think) a the start of the season. :whistling:

See our next manager whoever it is. Can we sign him on a contract for 2 maybe 3 years instead of sign him on whatever fuck deal he was on and then sack him for lack of commitment and reluctance to sign a contract. Now if they are the reasons then Gannon had to go but it seems strange to agree in July and then sack him in December.

We need to be quick about this appointment though with the impending transfer window. We could probably kiss goodbye to Ruddy and Lukas now. I just wonder if the new manager will be somone on the previous shortlist. Gary Mac Or Lawrie Sanchez. I don't know who I want though I am still in shock. Whoever it is will get my 100% support as always. But please let it be the right choice and on a contract of reasonable length.

I take Burley right now thankyou very much.

Boyle isn't stupid an I'm sure this has been done with Jan transfers in mind. I think we can wave goodbye to our loan deals.

Wonder if any of the guys interviewed last time woud take it on after being looked over.

Good luck to the boys on Wed this will be the time for the old heads to step up and be counted 100% behind the team.

Mon the Well

George Burley would be my first choice, but I wouldn't say no to Jimmy Calderwood.

Say what you want about him, but he achieves results.

What I would say is that I hope Boyle's got someone lined up already. If the statement's correct that this has been coming over a few months, then getting rid of him with no back-up plan would be a shambles.

George Burley would be my first choice, but I wouldn't say no to Jimmy Calderwood.

Say what you want about him, but he achieves results.

What I would say is that I hope Boyle's got someone lined up already. If the statement's correct that this has been coming over a few months, then getting rid of him with no back-up plan would be a shambles.

Spot on. The comments about Dun Utd are also solid. Let's hope the vacancy at Tannadice doesn't prevent us getting the current cream of the crop.

Aye, I've heard that the United players are seriously lobbying for Houston to be appointed the top job at tranny. That would be one less hurdle for us. Although he is on his 4 game probation, 1 point off killy, a very probable humping at Ibrox on Wednesday.......

I'de like to think we can approach, Boothroyd, McAllister, Burley, Calderwood.

Wouldn't mind Collins to be honest.

Signing of the decade would be Darren Ferguson, but I can't see that happening.

George Burley would be a disaster, cannae understand a word he says! I'd take Jimmy Calderwood in a minute. We need to get someone in very quick who knows the squad and can identify areas we need strengthened. For that reason, I wouldn't be too adverse to Craggs getting it.